First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco is based on an updated T6 platform, some have said it's what the next gen Ranger will be on. Definitely not the same frame between the 2020 Ranger and 2021 Bronco.
Current ranger is built on t6 platform. But yes bronco is going to have an updated version, but so will the ranger. At least per this car and driver article
0B3FB315-ED2E-472B-8140-57BB469F09B4.png
Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 10 speed in my 18 GT and my Platinum Supercrew with the FX4 package. I can confirm the transmissions both did an obnoxious amount of gear changes when new. With 15k miles on the Screw and 6700 on the Mustang, feel normal. When the Screw is in ECO mode, I can watch the ten speed shift 1, 3, 5 7,9 and 10. I assume this is for EPA ratings. My coworker has a 20 Ranger Supercab and he just towed his Tesla roadster out to Arizona and he said the Ranger was more enjoyable than his Tacoma and it towed like a dream.
2019 Ranger FX4 with automatic owner here. First 2k miles wasnā€™t great with the automatic but it has gotten a lot better. No idea if it ā€œlearnedā€ my driving style or I just got used to it. Either way, Iā€™m very happy with it at this point.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 10 speed is a learning transmission, it gets better the more you drive it.
@Nickp With all due respect and out of curiosity - do you mind elaborating on this? By ā€˜learningā€™ do you mean adapting in a sense, to the driverā€™s style? Not familiar w/ these transmissions or motors.

scrapple

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice looking truck, whats the sticker price on that one?

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice looking truck, whats the sticker price on that one?
Didnt even look cause I had no intention of buying it. Just saw crew cab, 4wd, and tire size and said thats the one I need to drive.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Nickp With all due respect and out of curiosity - do you mind elaborating on this? By ā€˜learningā€™ do you mean adapting in a sense, to the driverā€™s style? Not familiar w/ these transmissions or motors.
Basically yes. They ā€œlearnā€ how you drive and it starts to anticipate your next move almost. It can be good or bad, from what Iā€™ve read and heard there have been teething issues but overall people like the 10 speed. Hereā€™s a thread on some problems over on the mustang forum;

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

Seems like most of them were fixed with a TSB.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is unfortunately the exact same line the service guys a ford kept spouting about the powershift in the focuses

Of course this 10 speed is not mechanically related in any way, but the similarities in description are striking

I never had an issue with my two Foci's (2012 and currently a 2016) Once you understand that they are basically a dual clutch transmission and you need to feather the gas similar to a manual, they work great.
If you drive it like a traditional auto then they can tend to bog sometimes.

GABronc

First Edition
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 10 speed in a 2018 F150. No issues with it. Outside of the Auto Stop/Start can be a little tricky if you are trying to pull out in traffic. That can be fixed with taking some pressure off the brake too though

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Current ranger is built on t6 platform. But yes bronco is going to have an updated version, but so will the ranger. ...
"T6" is Fordspeak for "midsize body-on-frame"

Beyond the basic description they are supposed to be quite different.

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ride quality was fine. Handling is ok I guess, Ive driven hot hatches for 18 years so I dont really have a good comparison.....It doesn't carve corners like my Veloster N ?. They were Toyo Open Country or something. Looked like an AT.
I see you driving hatches but DAT 427 Fairlane though.... My Dad has a 69 Torino and a 68 Mercury Monterey, that's a big difference in handling there. lol

Sponsored

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Standard corporate response:
- Deny: There is no problem, "Technician couldn't replicate issue."
- Deflect: It's just learning, give it some time, hopefully long enough for the warranty to expire.
- Blame: You're driving it wrong, it's BETTER than a normal transmission so you have to drive it differently. Learn to drive, dummy!

This is repeated over and over by both the manufacturer and their willing sycophants online until finally a class-action lawsuit gets some relief to the victims.
Isn't that what happened with the last Getrag manual Ford put in the Mustang?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never had an issue with my two Foci's (2012 and currently a 2016) Once you understand that they are basically a dual clutch transmission and you need to feather the gas similar to a manual, they work great.
Quit making excuses for their poor product. You can be a ford fan and still recognize when they screw up.
They don't work great, they make horrible noises and sometimes leave the car immobile for periods of time

I hope yours continue to work, but I wouldn't let a loved one drive one of those.

The focus experience is really one of the main holdbacks I have about giving ford any money ever again.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2021 Ford Bronco Engines & Off-Road Capability. The 2021 Ford Bronco shares a platform with the Ford Ranger. This means it includes the standard 2.3-liter EcoBoost inline-four that produces 270-horsepower with 310 lb-ft. of torque.

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you driving hatches but DAT 427 Fairlane though.... My Dad has a 69 Torino and a 68 Mercury Monterey, that's a big difference in handling there. lol
Its not exactly stock. Its a 64 Fairlane Sport Coupe with Rod and Custom double adjustable coilovers in front with an 8.8 out back and Cal Tracs bars. 540hp 427W and TCI AOD behind it.
Ford Bronco Drove a crew cab 4wd Ranger today 20180704_131040

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Sister had a 15 and drove it fairly hard and never had any issues. She recently traded it with 55k. My Niece has a 13 and babies hers. I think it has around 40k on it and she's had it fixed 3 times. It's been a couple of years since the last fix and no problems so far. Neither of these had any other problems with them.
Sponsored