First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My JKU rubicon in the same spot a few years back. 6 speed manual.

This is a hoax, obviously you edited out someone winching you up the hill! Get your Jeep propaganda outa here! ?

For some reason your Jeep look cooler than the other one. Maybe it’s the top and doors off.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a buddy with a new 2020 Rubicon and all he’s been doing is sh*t talking on the Bronco. I’m over here like hey I love jeeps it’s nice to see they have some competition now, but I think jeeps will probably still reign in the rock crawling department. He’s over there like “no, the Bronco isn’t even going to compare, it’s a**, it’s ugly, it’s gonna break, Ford is crap, it doesn’t have a SFA it’s not going anywhere” Lolol. Jeep owners on and off the forums are so salty. My patience is wearing thin with my buddy though. I might have to stoop down To his level and start taking jabs at him too lol
Yeah on the JL forums there are a bunch of people saying the Bronco is less capable than the Defender.... which just doesn’t even make sense no matter which number you’re looking at. I think they’re scared lol.

To be fair though, there are people in that thread saying they’re surprised with how well the Bronco is doing in “their” neck of the woods.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It does look suspect though.
Turn up the sound, you can hear the Jeep sliding on it's belly, nothing you can do about that going up. Appears to be exact same line, although different spotter. Third party is the only way to go, and there will be plenty of that, the Bronco is 8 months from showroom minimum.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Not a fair comparison as this guy doesn't have 1,000 lbs of gear and those two large boys that wanted a ride.

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure about the rest of the group but I would love to see some water forging videos. I’m new to off-roading but I’m pretty sure down here in Florida, there are a lot more opportunities to go mudding that rock crawling.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We all know the media wouldn’t augment the truth to grab headlines.
That’s my point. Ford knows these vehicle can handle this stuff so they let them loose as part of marketing campaign. Of course they brought a Jeep along.

But spy shots? Come on. They’re on full display.
So Motor Trend manipulated the truth by saying exactly what you're saying? Ok.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I noticed in the video of the Jeep vs yours, it high centered where you didn't ..can't fake that. But I'm guessing with your doors and top off you had less weight on your springs and therefore didn't high center..assuming you had same tire size etc.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not saying they don’t have a leg to stand on. But if you go over to the JL forums you will find people who don’t have one nice thing to say about the Bronco. They are so threatened by competition that they must counterpoint even the smallest things. I know there are probably bronco homers here as well. I’m just having fun with it.

this tweet sums it up nicely...

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab 2021 Ford Bronco with Bronco Sport
As far as I’m concerned if you’re in this forum and rocking a badge indicating you’ve reserved a Bronco or at least put enough thought in to know which one you’d get, there should be no reason to try and defend Jeep. Go on a Jeep forum and do that. No different than the three fails at Gatekeeper for the Bronco. Things happen, incorrect lines are taken and the video pointed out the Jeep did in fact make it. And I guarantee it wasn’t due to lack of initial effort or Ford trying to make them look bad.

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we have any confirmation that any of this (Rubicon/Moab) is a demonstration or is this just the most analyzed/critiqued wheeling trip ever?
I do understand that this is Ford’s marketing at work and it’s a grassroots marketing campaign/ photo op.
My point being, this appears to be a few guys playing follow the leader through iconic off-road destinations and the internet is like did you see how much better the Bronco parked within the lines of that parking space? The Bronco is the GOAT parking vehicle of all time!
I know i sound like a dick most of the time but I’m just trying to put a little balance to the discussion.

I’m stoked about the return of the Bronco too, I promise. But let’s just remember what it is. It takes YEARS for something to become legendary.
The exciting thing is that Ford made a product that can do this out of the box. It’s not a slam on Jeep. Everyone here knows Jeeps can do these things. Everyone knows Jeeps are currently the Kings at doing these things.

The worry for mewas that Ford would make a truck thatlooked good on paper but couldn’t deliver in the field. Maybe the IFS would really hamper it in rock crawling situations.

Now we have proof that we will be able to do 99% of what anyone could want to do with these vehicles stock.

Also some Jeepers have talked a lot of trash about it not being SFA. Well... it made it up. SFA is not the end all be all. It’s actually terrible in the desert and on road. The only thing SFA is good for us rock crawling and the Bronco made it through Moab and Rubicon.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The exciting thing is that Ford made a product that can do this out of the box. It’s not a slam on Jeep. Everyone here knows Jeeps can do these things. Everyone knows Jeeps are currently the Kings at doing these things.

The worry for mewas that Ford would make a truck thatlooked good on paper but couldn’t deliver in the field. Maybe the IFS would really hamper it in rock crawling situations.

Now we have proof that we will be able to do 99% of what anyone could want to do with these vehicles stock.

Also some Jeepers have talked a lot of trash about it not being SFA. Well... it made it up. SFA is not the end all be all. It’s actually terrible in the desert and on road. The only thing SFA is good for us rock crawling and the Bronco made it through Moab and Rubicon.

Pretty much.

Yup, SFA is great for rock crawling.

But I prefer a setup that's better at PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE and happens to be wrapped in a much more attractive package.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
[/QU[/QUOTE]
This is a spy photo
171EAFC1-C6E4-422A-8142-382CE79E9FE7.png

This is a display
97D58DE1-DC5E-4DCC-8716-9B1EAE6F59F8.jpeg
I see clearly that you are ignoring the word "planned" and focusing on "spy shots."

The Motor Trend writer is being a bit cheeky but saying the same thing you did. The Ford folks were out there with full expectation that they were going to be videoed and photographed and it will be posted all over the internet.

Here is the entire article to read at your pleasure. If you come away from it thinking they believe anything other than what you're saying, I really don't know what to tell you. Enjoy.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/202...254F98D908E5C126522EAB2C8C7A9D10BAD7C74D1C36B

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah. Solid axle is still ideal for crawling but ultra4 is really showing what 4x4 IFS can do. So much so, that we’re starting to see more 4wd trophy trucks.
Really, you can’t even put a 37” a jeep d44 (properly) without trussing the housing and swapping out for chromo shafts.
That’s why I feel it’ll be good for Jeep owners too. Jeep won’t be able to cut corners anymore.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see clearly that you are ignoring the word "planned" and focusing on "spy shots."

The Motor Trend writer is being a bit cheeky but saying the same thing you did. The Ford folks were out there with full expectation that they were going to be videoed and photographed and it will be posted all over the internet.

Here is the entire article to read at your pleasure. If you come away from it thinking they believe anything other than what you're saying, I really don't know what to tell you. Enjoy.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/202...254F98D908E5C126522EAB2C8C7A9D10BAD7C74D1C36B
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol. You grumpy. I hadn’t read the article. I’ll be sure too.
I was responding to your response only. Figured you might be someone who overly appreciates a good parking job and took offense to my comment. If so, my deepest apologies. If we just missed each other, I’m sure we’ll get over it. Peace out.
Sponsored