www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m out of town

M2DZ-14A666-B

It is specific to Bronco and does not include the 6mm? bolt.
Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Following and waiting for 7 pin solutions. Thanks.

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any luck yet with the 7-pin. I dropped tow hoping this works out…..I still dont even have a build date (450 days later) so I guess there is still plenty of time for aftermarket to catch up.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So it’s doable in various ways. The next question I have is this. Has anyone hooked up to a trailer and towed it around the block with the home cooked remedies? Do the blind spot sensors and such go batshit crazy with the trailer following the Broncos around? I’ve been towing old school for a lot of years without all the new fangled gizmos. I just don’t need the truck in freak out mode because it’s back there. I know it’s back there: I hooked it up.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So it’s doable in various ways. The next question I have is this. Has anyone hooked up to a trailer and towed it around the block with the home cooked remedies? Do the blind spot sensors and such go batshit crazy with the trailer following the Broncos around? I’ve been towing old school for a lot of years without all the new fangled gizmos. I just don’t need the truck in freak out mode because it’s back there. I know it’s back there: I hooked it up.
Yes that’s one of the main things you loose without the factory tow package. No self sense of a trailer means bliss and backup sensors will still be active. No trailer sway control etc.

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[

You don’t have any issues at all. Plenty of posts of trip reports already on here. It’s also been shown that trailer sway control uses traction control system and is present on all broncos (per ford and some other posts on here - may need forscan for it to show up… and the ford brake controller… I forget exactly the outcome of that thread) But if you have been towing, you know sway control is a gimmick anyway. Even if you overload by 500 lbs, you’re towing 4000 max. Not exactly hard or risky if you stay under the speed limit.

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch / A7 / XC60 / Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@broncobase, @flip or anyone else, do you think a 4 pin harness for Base model taillights will be made by Ford/Curt/other? I hope to have my Base sometime this summer so waiting for that option at this point instead of modifying the LED harness.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broncobase, @flip or anyone else, do you think a 4 pin harness for Base model taillights will be made by Ford/Curt/other? I hope to have my Base sometime this summer so waiting for that option at this point instead of modifying the LED harness.
The guys at Lumen said they are working on a complete kit and hoped to have an OK from Ford later this year. That said, the supply chain thing may be a problem depending on where their stuff is coming from.

Sponsored

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
EDIT: I found some of the drawings on here, so tell me if I am getting this:

From my brake controller , I can tie into the customer access harness (c2608) to get my signal (Is it wire 14 or 12?), and then just run the blue brake output back to the 7 pin harness like normal.

Correct?

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where is everyone stashing the module? Is that safe being open to the elements? It seems pretty well sealed - but, the last thing I want is electrical issues.

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where is everyone stashing the module? Is that safe being open to the elements? It seems pretty well sealed - but, the last thing I want is electrical issues.
Im hiding mine behind the driver taillight.

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is the video I made of running the wire on the inside. It's basically the same as @flip directions but instead of going to firewall grommet, route up dash to the brake controller plug underneath
So where are you tying into for the voltage from the brake pedal to the brake controller?

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So where are you tying into for the voltage from the brake pedal to the brake controller?
I got the voltage and remaining signals from the factory plug on the right side of the drivers footwell
Sponsored