Ford; are you listening?

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
  • Banned
Here is your map to success with the real future Bronco ~
The 66-77 Bronco was instantly successful and now an Icon for two reasons:
1) It was capable, simple, modular, utilitarian, easy to work on and modify.
2) It had more horsepower, was built stronger and with better quality parts than the competition.

The Bronco was what every Jeep aspired to be when it grew up - after getting most all of its mechanical parts upgraded.

So here is what you do for the real Bronco:
From the Factory; build just one affordable bare bones Bronco using the strongest mechanical components with an easily disassembled body that can modified with bolt on parts. Only available factory options should be: Color, Auto/Manual, Axle Gear Ratio and Lockers.

For example:
Engine: 300+ hp / 300ftlb Torq
Transmission: Auto or Manual with low first gear.
Transfer Case: 3spd - 1:1, 2.75:1 and 4:1 gear ratios.
Axles: Solid high pinion 44 front & 9inch rear.

Everything else to be a "Dealer Option"
For example:
Carpet Kit
Stereo
NAV/GPS
Lift Kit
Big Brakes
Winch Bumpers
LED Light Kit
Dual Top Kit
Half Doors
Custom Hood
Roof Rack
Larger Fenders
Swinging Tire/Tool/Gas Carrier
Custom Seats
Etc.....

All extras can be installed by the dealer at time of purchase or later by the customer or dealer.

Here is the most important part:
.....all parts can be purchased at wholesale for as long as the original owner owns the Bronco.

Ford; in case you are listening: do you realize the business you've thrown away because we refuse to pay 200% over wholesale for parts at your parts counter?

This is why this will work;
1) The wealthy can have the dealer instantly build exactly what they want.
2) The less wealthy can modify as funds permit.
3) The wealthy and less wealthy do-it-yourselfers will build and modify for fun.

Think of it as selling the base piece for an Erector or Leggo set and then selling all the extras

But this all hinges on one incredibly important thing:

You must build and sell a simple strong, quality and easily modded platform to build from. (preferably a boxy retro)

Please no IFS, I've had your IFS, my friends have your IFS and we all agree it sucks - difficult and expensive to mod, wears out fast, it's just junk. (unless you do a Hummer style IFS .....then I might change my mind)

Okay Ford; the rest is on you, please don't let this Bronco(s) owner for over 40 years down. I'm counting on you. I'm at the age; if you mess this up, you'll probably never get another chance to sell me another Bronco. Lol.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
99.9% their manufacturing and marketing model doesn’t change to support this desire...
Average age of a person buying a Mustang, Challenger or Corvette is 50 and for the Wrangler is 49.

I'm sure that's a big part of the impetus for the aesthetic styling. Hopefully the expectations for being able to service and build your own vehicle have similarly been taken into account.

OP
OP
Ole Skool Bronc

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
"Average age of a person buying a Mustang, Challenger or Corvette is 50 and for the Wrangler is 49."

This ^^^ is why if they build a Bronco for millennials or gen x it will not do as well as if they build it for those 50+

That's some interesting stats. I know around here; most teenagers have little interest in getting their drivers license and live with their parents much longer than my generation. I blame it on 'smart phones'.

If the new Bronco comes out right with good mechanicals I'll
buy one. But if it comes out as just another new big piece of throw away electronically controlled plastic - then I'll stick with my good old stuff.

This is what chilled me on the 2012+ JK's. The JL's which randomly update their software via wireless communication is definitely not what I want.

Not to be a pessimist, but a realist; my hope for a real Bronco is fading fast - but I haven't given up yet. Just wish Ford wasn't being so secretive. I don't need pics, but some leaked specs would be nice.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is what chilled me on the 2012+ JK's. The JL's which randomly update their software via wireless communication is definitely not what I want.

Not to be a pessimist, but a realist; my hope for a real Bronco is fading fast - but I haven't given up yet.
After reading this...

Give up

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ole Skool Bronc

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Don't get me wrong; I'm not against "Tech" as long as I have the ability to overide, adjust or delete. Start with stout mechanical components and with a little creativity I can overcome the Tech barriers - unless they are constantly ratting me out via wireless - then I'm out. I need my vehicles to do what I ask and not snitch me out.

OP
OP
Ole Skool Bronc

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that's great when all that stuff is working. But when it's not - it's the biggest nightmare ever, especially when it's an intermittent problem putting you into limp mode.

What I mean by snitching me out is right now when I get my truck smogged they can tell it's no longer programmed for California. But they have to physically hookup to it. Why would I do that? Calif programming = 12 mpg and NonCalif = +20mpg. With the new wireless tech, I'm busted.

Futurermore; you haven't mentioned wireless smog emissions reporting. And the ablity to brick a vehicle for....???...let's say unpaid parking tickets or a sensor saying you are a gross polluter when your not; the list is endless.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Futurermore; you haven't mentioned wireless smog emissions reporting. And the ablity to brick a vehicle for....???...let's say unpaid parking tickets or a sensor saying you are a gross polluter when your not; the list is endless.
None of this is legal, and all of it is pure paranoia, if not delusion

Ultimately, EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE made within the past 10 years can experience this. Like I said, if this paranoia is your sole deterrent, give up

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there’s no hand crank engine start option I’m not buying it. I don’t want to pay for any features that I don’t want.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there’s no hand crank engine start option I’m not buying it. I don’t want to pay for any features that I don’t want.
If it has an engine I don't want it. I only want two holes in the driver side floor board. We're doing this Flintstone style.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is your map to success with the real future Bronco ~

Please no IFS, I've had your IFS, my friends have your IFS and we all agree it sucks - difficult and expensive to mod, wears out fast, it's just junk. (unless you do a Hummer style IFS .....then I might change my mind)

Okay Ford; the rest is on you, please don't let this Bronco(s) owner for over 40 years down. I'm counting on you. I'm at the age; if you mess this up, you'll probably never get another chance to sell me another Bronco. Lol.
lol, you all know how I feel about this ;) same old same old. There is nothing special about a solid axle (I do like them!) unless it has excellent linkages for durability, and suspension geometry. Similarly there is nothing special about IFS knuckles in the absence of good linkages or control arms. Both can, have and will be done.

If you don't want to buy a vehicle because it has crappy IFS, GOOD! you shouldn't, but if you don't want to buy a vehicle because it has excellent IFS...then you are a poser. Same goes for solid axles, as a Ford engineer I can call out the SuperDuty as having severely underutilized the solid axle since it has only 2 control beams. The JL does solid axles right, and it is good off-road not because it has solid axles but because it has excellent geometry controlling them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ole Skool Bronc

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you don't want to buy a vehicle because it has crappy IFS, GOOD! you shouldn't, but if you don't want to buy a vehicle because it has excellent IFS...then you are a poser. Same goes for solid axles, as a Ford engineer I can call out the SuperDuty as having severely underutilized the solid axle since it has only 2 control beams. The JL does solid axles right, and it is good off-road not because it has solid axles but because it has excellent geometry controlling them.
Ummm.... the ONLY reason I am opposed to Independent Suspension is because VERY few car makers do it right. And Ford Trucks are notoriously known for doing it Crappy. So forgive me for expressing a concern Ford may indeed build another crappy IFS and cover it with fake advertising internet hype; which is apparently cheaper than designing and building it right in the first place.

Btw, I know Ford Trucks IFS is crappy not from the internet, but because I've HAD to work on them. In fact my buddies current Ford truck does the pigeon toe in reverse and wears tires off the front 4 times as fast as the rear. He asked me what to do; I told him to buy a Dodge.
Sponsored