Sponsored

Tail lights: tail as turn, or separate bulb?

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a decent shot of the standard tail lights. Looks like at least 2 bulbs (brake, reverse at bottom), which means the brake light would also flash for your turn signal, but in the photo it looks like there might be a third bulb at the top. Turn signal? Or it might be an illusion.

Debating whether I want to stick with the standard units and upgrade the bulbs to LED, or try to snag the factory all-LED tails.

taillight.png
Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I won’t be able to dig up the other thread but the consensus is that the LED tail lights have BLIS sensors in them and can NOT be simply swapped with the base tail lights because the wiring is completely different. You would have to wait on the aftermarket if you really want rear LEDs and didn’t buy them from the factory.

OP
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've read a few threads on the side-radar being integrated into the LED tails. There are some people saying the LED tails will be available both with and without the radar modules, but if you DO want side radar, you have to get the LED units.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a decent shot of the standard tail lights. Looks like at least 2 bulbs (brake, reverse at bottom), which means the brake light would also flash for your turn signal, but in the photo it looks like there might be a third bulb at the top. Turn signal? Or it might be an illusion.

Debating whether I want to stick with the standard units and upgrade the bulbs to LED, or try to snag the factory all-LED tails.

Ford Bronco Tail lights: tail as turn, or separate bulb? taillight
I believe the upper one is just a visual trick, but I don't know for sure.
Sponsored