Sponsored

Front Diff Explosion.... roadside assistance... why??

CptSamFalcon

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr BD, 2021 Kawasaki KLX300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's a post for you guys that love to read about peoples suffering... also I'm just venting so bear with me haha.

So--- January 17th I drove my bronco into a small amount of snow and lost 4x4 immediately. Cue me being stuck with my wife and dog in the snow for 9 hours waiting for Ford to send 2 tow guys who couldnt get me out. Ended up calling someone local and paying for it myself....

Had the Bronco towed to the dealer so they could take a look. I know its tough right now with labour but I guess they didnt look at it thoroughly and ordered a part to fix the "4x4 actuator".

A month goes by and I wait. Call from service department finally comes a couple days ago. The problem is "worse than they thought" and the repair is going to be delayed at least a month while they wait for parts. They also lost my key

So after a long wait for my Bronco I had it all of about 400 miles before I had to have it back at the dealer. Now comes the new wait for parts as they wait for Ford to send whatever they need to get this fixed. Sounds like I lost a front CV and it roasted my whole front diff. Part is apparently a month out but man what a kick in the nuts after waiting so long.

I really hope I dont miss another Bronco Spring but really not looking good. First 3 months of Bronco ownership and it's spent most if it's time sitting in a dealer service lot... Anyone have any similar issues?
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry man, I called the other day to get recall work done on wifes Edge, told me they had the part but would have her car 4-6 days because of backups...it’s really insane.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Front Diff Explosion.... roadside assistance... why?? 1645216607343

Last edited:

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious what front end you have....m190?
Yes, he has a Black Diamond model. That’s the only axle available for that model unless he has the Sasquatch package.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would be good to know. Not sure what delineates which front end I get.
M190 is standard unless you get the Sasquatch package on Black Diamond.

Sponsored

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see you're in Seattle. Mind DM'ing me the name of your dealer so I can be sure not to go there if my 2.7 grenades? 🙃

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, he has a Black Diamond model. That’s the only axle available for that model unless he has the Sasquatch package.
I'm aware, however I don't see a statement about SAS...so that's why I asked...an easier way would have been to ask if OP had a SAS, I suppose. But I like axle terminology vs trim or options.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here's a post for you guys that love to read about peoples suffering... also I'm just venting so bear with me haha.

So--- January 17th I drove my bronco into a small amount of snow and lost 4x4 immediately. Cue me being stuck with my wife and dog in the snow for 9 hours waiting for Ford to send 2 tow guys who couldnt get me out. Ended up calling someone local and paying for it myself....

Had the Bronco towed to the dealer so they could take a look. I know its tough right now with labour but I guess they didnt look at it thoroughly and ordered a part to fix the "4x4 actuator".

A month goes by and I wait. Call from service department finally comes a couple days ago. The problem is "worse than they thought" and the repair is going to be delayed at least a month while they wait for parts. They also lost my key

So after a long wait for my Bronco I had it all of about 400 miles before I had to have it back at the dealer. Now comes the new wait for parts as they wait for Ford to send whatever they need to get this fixed. Sounds like I lost a front CV and it roasted my whole front diff. Part is apparently a month out but man what a kick in the nuts after waiting so long.

I really hope I dont miss another Bronco Spring but really not looking good. First 3 months of Bronco ownership and it's spent most if it's time sitting in a dealer service lot... Anyone have any similar issues?
There's a decided lack of information in here to make this thread more useful to the group as a whole. Please fill in the blanks:

• Trim level: _______
  • Sasquatch package: Y/N
  • Engine: 2.7/2.3
  • Transmission: Manual/Ladies Night
  • Suspension or wheel modifications, if any: __________
Sponsored