Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This seems a little redundant, no?

I personally don't see the point of the rock rails and another rail, but it seems a lot of people have asked for that ability. I plan to ditch the factory rails once a proper slider is available.
Sponsored

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I personally don't see the point of the rock rails and another rail, but it seems a lot of people have asked for that ability. I plan to ditch the factory rails once a proper slider is available.
Same. Aftermarket has been slow for this style of rail.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’ll look better, but there’s another solution for covering the pinch weld that weighs less.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the point of rock sliders so if you land on a big rock you dont damage the body but if you not doing any off roading then then there no point to have them , mine saved my KL a few times

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the point of rock sliders so if you land on a big rock you dont damage the body but if you not doing any off roading then then there no point to have them , mine saved my KL a few times

We aren't discussing what the point of sliders or rock rails are. We are discussing the desire to retain the body mounted rock rails while at the same time adding frame mounted sliders.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We aren't discussing what the point of sliders or rock rails are. We are discussing the desire to retain the body mounted rock rails while at the same time adding frame mounted sliders.
you the one who said you dont see the point of having them .

Sassy BD

Black Diamond
First Name
DD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Grand Wagoneer, 16 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might want to reread that statement, friend. It was about redundancy. Pretty sure everyone on this thread understands the actual job of the slider.

Reactions: Jdc

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's all good man. Sometimes these threads are easy to get lost in if you don't read them in order of who replies to who.

Here's the conversation for you in one thread for the context of what was being discussed.

Yes, you originally said these would be frame mounted and allow the factory rock rails to stay in place. What happened?
I think (it's been awhile) they said there would be a second version that allowed the rock rails to be retained.
This seems a little redundant, no?
But anyway, what was being discussed was the point of having BOTH the factory rock rails AND frame mounted sliders on AT THE SAME TIME. Any thoughts on that?

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might want to reread that statement, friend. It was about redundancy. Pretty sure everyone on this thread understands the actual job of the slider.
you be amazed what people dont know .
It's all good man. Sometimes these threads are easy to get lost in if you don't read them in order of who replies to who.

Here's the conversation for you in one thread for the context of what was being discussed.

But anyway, what was being discussed was the point of having BOTH the factory rock rails AND frame mounted sliders on AT THE SAME TIME. Any thoughts on that?
I think I miss a word in your post and miss understood what you was saying .the frame mounted sliders seem more like steps and protection so the car park next to you won't hit your door with there's but not something I would be adding.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interested in hearing more about mounting them simultaneously to the body pinch seam and the frame, if that's accurate, or will it be one or the other.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any updates on the 2 door w/o top plate?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@GoatFab Do u happen to have any updates on how things are coming?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any update or clarification or pictures of how these mount?