Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the increase does suck I wonder what it will be for the people at Granger and SAC who are paying below invoice?

I've seen more than 1 person say they are cancelling their order as well. If you do do please fully cancel your order with Ford so any constraint parts can go to real order holders and not sitting on dealer lots @$10k adm.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m glad I got mine before all these increases

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alot are going to pull the plug on the wait alone; while inflation and prices on the bronco increase i might as well. Was excited but this has been a process....good luck to everyone and hope you all get yours soon.
My reply isn’t directed at you, @BucknB, but your comment got me thinking in general. Thanks for that!

Before everyone gangs up on Ford, have a look at the automobile market as a whole. Is Ford alone in needing to make price increases? Do any of you find increases surprising given the commodity shortages and manufacturing issues the world is currently experiencing? Do you think the global commodity situation (especially microchips) is going to improve in the next few years to the point where supply will exceed demand? Are the price increases only applicable to the Bronco, or are all Ford vehicles seeing an increase?

Finally, what do you think inflation is going to do under current gov’t policy? Will it rise or fall in the next few years?

I went through all these thoughts last year when I decided to switch my order from MIC to soft top in order to get my Bronco in 2021 at the guaranteed price. I didn’t see the situation improving any time soon. The hardtop issue can be dealt with in the future, while I have a Bronco to enjoy now. The OEM soft top is actually quite good, IMO. I will be adding the struts to aid lifting of the back to make it easier for my wife, and to aid alignment when lowering the top all the way so it won’t rub on the roll bar. In other words, the soft top it completely workable for us.

If you believe prices will come back down in the future, roll the dice and wait on confirming your order.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Price protection isn't as easy as someone posted on the other page. On the Bronco, it literally has two forms of price protection. The first was the certificate which protected the increase from 2021 to 2022, which is claimed by the dealers as a rebate using SmartVincent. That piece is easy. Mid-model year price increases are also price protected, but claimed differently by dealers and only paid to dealers once per month on the dealer payment statement. The payment shows up anywhere from 30-45 days after the sale. Because of this, most dealers won't always give it to you upfront. Its a more difficult process to track the payment. Just an FYI.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price protection isn't as easy as someone posted on the other page. On the Bronco, it literally has two forms of price protection. The first was the certificate which protected the increase from 2021 to 2022, which is claimed by the dealers as a rebate using SmartVincent. That piece is easy. Mid-model year price increases are also price protected, but claimed differently by dealers and only paid to dealers once per month on the dealer payment statement. The payment shows up anywhere from 30-45 days after the sale. Because of this, most dealers won't always give it to you upfront. Its a more difficult process to track the payment. Just an FYI.
Okay, so if we have a good dealer that knows what they're doing the early folks that got price protection 1 shouldn't have an issue with price protection 2?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some dealerships never figured out how to apply the first price protection. Now they'll have to apply two in two different ways. Yikes.

Red_blazer

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do not recall there being hard top price protection for orders before August 20th, 2021. I thought I was up to date on the other threads but must have missed this.

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My reply isn’t directed at you, @BucknB, but your comment got me thinking in general. Thanks for that!

Before everyone gangs up on Ford, have a look at the automobile market as a whole. Is Ford alone in needing to make price increases? Do any of you find increases surprising given the commodity shortages and manufacturing issues the world is currently experiencing? Do you think the global commodity situation (especially microchips) is going to improve in the next few years to the point where supply will exceed demand? Are the price increases only applicable to the Bronco, or are all Ford vehicles seeing an increase?

Finally, what do you think inflation is going to do under current gov’t policy? Will it rise or fall in the next few years?

I went through all these thoughts last year when I decided to switch my order from MIC to soft top in order to get my Bronco in 2021 at the guaranteed price. I didn’t see the situation improving any time soon. The hardtop issue can be dealt with in the future, while I have a Bronco to enjoy now. The OEM soft top is actually quite good, IMO. I will be adding the struts to aid lifting of the back to make it easier for my wife, and to aid alignment when lowering the top all the way so it won’t rub on the roll bar. In other words, the soft top it completely workable for us.

If you believe prices will come back down in the future, roll the dice and wait on confirming your order.
Some things i agree and completely understand...it just more of a common sense thing. Regardless of not having a VIN, Build date, whatever...even if you have price sheet signed etc it should be honored by that MY pricing! I know the sleazy fine print that enables them to wiggle out of the agreement but that's the problem period.

To subject people to price hike; AND they (FORD) cant even complete orders prior to accepting new ones? Then you have this shoddy allocation formula where most people would have had their orders by now...everything was FUBAR from the jump. Where is the common sense here by Ford? Simply said the year you confirm/submit your order should be price protected point blank period for the (3) years same that they are giving the day 1-3 people. When we consumers side with reason as to why, is when things keep happening......yet if people didnt buy and cancelled there orders im sure Ford would suggest otherwise.

Every major car company even electronics are subject to the chip shortages....perhaps Ford should have looked at their "inventory" and allocate resources accordingly prior to continuing to mass produce vehicles and not deliver on early orders. Why not hold off on new orders until they catch up? This is a hot vehicle and will be in demand.....6G is piece of the thousands of would be first time Ford buyers might just walk away ( my guess) from annoyance of this whole process.

If I came into this as a new order last month, or recent im expecting to pay at that MSRP. if im someone who ordered day 4, or back with reservation was a thing and submitted their order ive been subject to now 2-3 price hikes...Thats crazy and to see people walking into dealers and getting VIN# asap...what?!?!? lol

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question for the masses...

Does the Outerbanks, normally with plastic bumper and fog lights, lose the wiring and switch if equipped with the Modular bumper?

I know it physically loses the fog lights, but what about the wiring and switch in the interior?

Sponsored

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealerships will end because of Vroom/ Carvana for this very reason. Not sure why people dont have the ability to just buy direct AKA B2C! Get rid of the middle man and alot of people's issues will go away....

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While the increase does suck I wonder what it will be for the people at Granger and SAC who are paying below invoice?

I've seen more than 1 person say they are cancelling their order as well. If you do do please fully cancel your order with Ford so any constraint parts can go to real order holders and not sitting on dealer lots @$10k adm.
My Black Diamond order was finalized with Granger only just recently on Feb 2, 2022. (Late order and I drug my feet for a while since I’m not in a hurry) Price protection is going to be applied as a rebate at the time of delivery ($825 for my 4 door). $1000 below invoice applied when I signed the last documents.

I trust they’ll handle it well - just have to wait for Ford to do their manufacturing thing. If someone was signing this week how would they increase affect them? Can’t say for sure - probably depends on the timing of reservations, orders, etc.

I imagine a lot of people would be able to drive their Bronco for a couple years and nearly sell at a profit at this rate.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ive had all I can take at this point....called my dealer and canceled my order for good. It was over 1.5 year of waiting (some of you longer than that). Just cannot live life like this and have never see such a horrible product launch in my life...and yet we live in a world where all of automotive is struggling. Maybe in 15 years from now we will start to see articles around "Where Ford Went Wrong" and they will purely put the finger on the new Ford Bronco. Just too much for me at this point.

But the good news is I am now off to take that money and invest into a FJ40 restoration I have been dreaming about for some time. And I now control my own destiny once again...#breakingthechains

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive had all I can take at this point....called my dealer and canceled my order for good. It was over 1.5 year of waiting (some of you longer than that). Just cannot live life like this and have never see such a horrible product launch in my life...and yet we live in a world where all of automotive is struggling. Maybe in 15 years from now we will start to see articles around "Where Ford Went Wrong" and they will purely put the finger on the new Ford Bronco. Just too much for me at this point.

But the good news is I am now off to take that money and invest into a FJ40 restoration I have been dreaming about for some time. And I now control my own destiny once again...#breakingthechains
Im pretty much at this same spot...this was timing up cause i needed a winter vehicle but im going to just look at an older Rubi and call it. Horrible experience...