First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
The factory crash bars are standard equipment on non-Sasquatch equipped Broncos. To take full advantage of 35" or larger tires these crash bars must either be removed (not recommended by ICON) or replaced with the ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit. For those who would like to retain the functionality of the crash bars but still clear 35" tires, or for those who would like to add that functionality to Sasquatch-equipped Broncos, ICON offers our new High Clearance Crash Bar Kit.
Ford Bronco ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit 42000_Bronco_CrashBar_3QTR2_high_res-1200w

42000 21-UP BRONCO HIGH CLEARANCE CRASH BAR KIT​

These crash bars are made with three layers of beefy 3/16" thick plate steel, CNC laser cut, brake-formed and professionally fixture-welded for a easy, secure fit into the factory crash bar mounts. Note that hardware is not included as the factory crash bar bolts are re-used. Those wishing to add these High Clearance Crash Bars to Broncos that did not come with factory crash bars will need to source the needed hardware.

Ford Bronco ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit 42000_Bronco_CrashBar_TOP_web_large

The ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit for 21-Up Bronco will be available soon. Contact your favorite Authorized ICON Dealer or watch this thread to be the first to know when ordering opens on the ICON website!
Sponsored

Last edited:

yeet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Deleting crash bars were holding me back from going to 35's. Thanks for the opportunity to spend more money!

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have part #'s for the factory crash bar nuts/bolts ? Second company to make replacement crash bars without any mounting hardware.
W500748S450B

It’s just bolts, the nuts are built into the frame portion. FYI my Sasquatch came with the bolts in the holes. Not sure if every Bronco with Sasquatch does though.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
W500748S450B

It’s just bolts, the nuts are built into the frame portion. FYI my Sasquatch came with the bolts in the holes. Not sure if every Bronco with Sasquatch does though.
For the sake of others looking into this, my 4/4/22 blend WT came with some variety of bolts, but they're far too short to engage both the top and bottom surfaces of the crash bar "socket," and only one bolt present in each position:

Ford Bronco ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit crashbarbolts

Sponsored

mikelicalsi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The factory crash bars are standard equipment on non-Sasquatch equipped Broncos. To take full advantage of 35" or larger tires these crash bars must either be removed (not recommended by ICON) or replaced with the ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit. For those who would like to retain the functionality of the crash bars but still clear 35" tires, or for those who would like to add that functionality to Sasquatch-equipped Broncos, ICON offers our new High Clearance Crash Bar Kit.

42000 21-UP BRONCO HIGH CLEARANCE CRASH BAR KIT​

These crash bars are made with three layers of beefy 3/16" thick plate steel, CNC laser cut, brake-formed and professionally fixture-welded for a easy, secure fit into the factory crash bar mounts. Note that hardware is not included as the factory crash bar bolts are re-used. Those wishing to add these High Clearance Crash Bars to Broncos that did not come with factory crash bars will need to source the needed hardware.

The ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit for 21-Up Bronco will be available soon. Contact your favorite Authorized ICON Dealer or watch this thread to be the first to know when ordering opens on the ICON website!
Any installed photo’s ?

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone install these? I bought them, fronts went in great, rears did NOT fit. I pounded on them with a rubber mallet and got nowhere. At first I thought maybe the paint was just too thick but it actually looks like there’s a little lip on the ends where the metal is bent into shape, so it isn’t rounded off and throws the already tight tolerance completely out of whack.

Coffeegrinds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone install these? I bought them, fronts went in great, rears did NOT fit. I pounded on them with a rubber mallet and got nowhere. At first I thought maybe the paint was just too thick but it actually looks like there’s a little lip on the ends where the metal is bent into shape, so it isn’t rounded off and throws the already tight tolerance completely out of whack.
Were you able to fix this? I was going to order them, but if it doesn't work, then I'll definitely not order them.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many cars have you crashed to check the safety of these things?

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you able to fix this? I was going to order them, but if it doesn't work, then I'll definitely not order them.
I was not. I talked with a guy at Icon about it, he seemed to forget about me for a couple weeks, and then got back to me with “hit it harder with a dead blow hammer instead of a rubber mallet” which doesn’t seem like the best answer... In the meantime I’d already returned them.

I also ordered a new set from Ready Lift, they cost less, seem very burly, and the rear bars actually fit nicely - did take a few whacks with a mallet to get in, though. The front bars hide better than the Icons but are pretty loose in the sleeves. Ready Lift claimed that their engineers have seen a difference over model years but said that if it was loose, to use some foam tape to prevent rattling. I haven’t noticed any rattling yet.
Sponsored