Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

TFLcar, citing a unnamed source, claims that the 2022 Bronco Hybrid (PHEV) will use the 3.0L V6 EcoBoost engine from the Explorer ST and Aviator Grand Touring.

Now, we have new information suggesting exactly how the Bronco Hybrid will take shape. Reports to date have suggested the body-on-frame SUV will borrow hybrid powertrain components from either the F-150 or Explorer Hybrid. According to our source, those earlier reports are broadly accurate.

We reached out to Ford for comment, and a company spokesperson replied that they do not comment on future product. That is typical for these sorts of stories, so we will have to wait and see whether time and Ford’s own development teams flesh out this information with an actual vehicle.

Here’s how a Bronco Hybrid could work
As it stands, the Ford Bronco Hybrid will use the company’s new modular hybrid transmission. It’s the same 10-speed unit mated with an electric motor that Ford currently employs in the Explorer Hybrid as well as the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring, and will use in the F-150 Hybrid. Note that this is a “modular” transmission, which means that the gasoline engine bolted to it could vary from vehicle to vehicle. That is the case with the Bronco Hybrid which is currently in development.

While the Explorer Hybrid uses a 3.3-liter V6 engine and the F-150 Hybrid uses a 3.5-liter powertrain, the Bronco Hybrid will reportedly go a different route. Our information suggests the SUV will use a 3.0-liter V6 engine. The twin-turbo EcoBoost unit currently sees service in the Ford Explorer ST and the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring, with the latter seeing up to 494 horsepower. On its own, the engine produces 400 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque in both those cars.

Could a Bronco Hybrid make more than 450 horsepower?
To be clear, our source did not mention specific output, or any further figures beyond the engine’s displacement. We are not suggesting that the Bronco will have Aviator levels of power, based on the information w e currently have. Both the Explorer and F-150 Hybrid models use a 35-kW (47 horsepower) electric motor sandwiched into the 10-speed automatic transmission, and it’s likely the Ford Bronco Hybrid will do the same. The Explorer Hybrid manages 318 horsepower and 322 lb-ft of torque the way it’s configured, while we could expect a decent power bump from a more powerful engine.

Mind you, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that’s currently in development manages 450 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. We don’t have an idea how the plug-in hybrid Wrangler 4xe will manage yet, but a 400 horsepower V6 and 47 horsepower electric motor would put the Bronco Hybrid in the same ballpark for best-in-class power.

There is currently one catch
Unfortunately, it may be awhile before we actually see a Ford Bronco Hybrid. Our source also stated that the model has been delayed. That’s hardly a surprising outcome given the current global situation and the explosive demand for the gasoline-powered Bronco. However, the electrified version may not see daylight until the 2022 model year. Before that, we may see Ford’s official unveiling in 2021.

Full article at: https://www.tflcar.com/2020/08/2022-ford-bronco-hybrid-leak-news/
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems a bit tone deaf; doesn’t fix the issues the truck already has with the current engines, and doesn’t provide us the V8 that should have been available on launch.

But they’ll get their environmental justice points so there’s that...

Jerseyborn

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Nissan Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My original rationale of "I'm going to keep this truck for 10-15 years" is not going to happen. I know that i'll get the itch and end up trading it in a few years down the road if they keep releasing faster and more modern versions.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems a bit tone deaf; doesn’t fix the issues the truck already has with the current engines, and doesn’t provide us the V8 that should have been available on launch.

But they’ll get their environmental justice points so there’s that...
what issues? that people want a v8 that probably doesn't fit? that people want the v6 with a manual which they are listening and have not made the final call on? yes, tone deaf. :rolleyes:

i can see this being the "raptor" version. just hope those batteries can be protected enough for any impacts on rocks and can handle a good jostling from off roading.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
what issues? that people want a v8 that probably doesn't fit? that people want the v6 with a manual which they are listening and have not made the final call on? yes, tone deaf. :rolleyes:

i can see this being the "raptor" version. just hope those batteries can be protected enough for any impacts on rocks and can handle a good jostling from off roading.
I think they have been pretty well hashed out over the past several months, I would suggest reading around.

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
TFLcar, citing a unnamed source, claims that the 2022 Bronco Hybrid (PHEV) will use the 3.0L V6 EcoBoost engine from the Explorer ST and Aviator Grand Touring.

Now, we have new information suggesting exactly how the Bronco Hybrid will take shape. Reports to date have suggested the body-on-frame SUV will borrow hybrid powertrain components from either the F-150 or Explorer Hybrid. According to our source, those earlier reports are broadly accurate.

We reached out to Ford for comment, and a company spokesperson replied that they do not comment on future product. That is typical for these sorts of stories, so we will have to wait and see whether time and Ford’s own development teams flesh out this information with an actual vehicle.

Here’s how a Bronco Hybrid could work
As it stands, the Ford Bronco Hybrid will use the company’s new modular hybrid transmission. It’s the same 10-speed unit mated with an electric motor that Ford currently employs in the Explorer Hybrid as well as the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring, and will use in the F-150 Hybrid. Note that this is a “modular” transmission, which means that the gasoline engine bolted to it could vary from vehicle to vehicle. That is the case with the Bronco Hybrid which is currently in development.

While the Explorer Hybrid uses a 3.3-liter V6 engine and the F-150 Hybrid uses a 3.5-liter powertrain, the Bronco Hybrid will reportedly go a different route. Our information suggests the SUV will use a 3.0-liter V6 engine. The twin-turbo EcoBoost unit currently sees service in the Ford Explorer ST and the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring, with the latter seeing up to 494 horsepower. On its own, the engine produces 400 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque in both those cars.

Could a Bronco Hybrid make more than 450 horsepower?
To be clear, our source did not mention specific output, or any further figures beyond the engine’s displacement. We are not suggesting that the Bronco will have Aviator levels of power, based on the information w e currently have. Both the Explorer and F-150 Hybrid models use a 35-kW (47 horsepower) electric motor sandwiched into the 10-speed automatic transmission, and it’s likely the Ford Bronco Hybrid will do the same. The Explorer Hybrid manages 318 horsepower and 322 lb-ft of torque the way it’s configured, while we could expect a decent power bump from a more powerful engine.

Mind you, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that’s currently in development manages 450 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. We don’t have an idea how the plug-in hybrid Wrangler 4xe will manage yet, but a 400 horsepower V6 and 47 horsepower electric motor would put the Bronco Hybrid in the same ballpark for best-in-class power.

There is currently one catch
Unfortunately, it may be awhile before we actually see a Ford Bronco Hybrid. Our source also stated that the model has been delayed. That’s hardly a surprising outcome given the current global situation and the explosive demand for the gasoline-powered Bronco. However, the electrified version may not see daylight until the 2022 model year. Before that, we may see Ford’s official unveiling in 2021.

Full article at: https://www.tflcar.com/2020/08/2022-ford-bronco-hybrid-leak-news/
THIS IS THE ONE THAT I WANT TO RESERVE!!! ? Now there will be a Bronco on Every Other Street Corner before I get Mine ?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This will definitely be what the "Raptor" trim gets. The Ranger will reportedly have the 2.3 PHEV and I think that will make its way into the standard Bronco trims.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think they have been pretty well hashed out over the past several months, I would suggest reading around.
yes, they've probably have the next couple years "hashed out". but they can still adjust plans and how they want to update the bronco in the future according to sales. things aren't set in stone and production hasn't started.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
yes, they've probably have the next couple years "hashed out". but they can still adjust plans and how they want to update the bronco in the future according to sales. things aren't set in stone and production hasn't started.
I would like to think that, but if we go by the Focus/Fiesta transmission debacle they’ll end up refuting the issues and carrying on.

How many dead alternators do you think we’ll see?