First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be moving overseas in the next few months. I’d be gone for 3-4 years. Just wondering what y’all would do. Going to Spain where gas appears to be ~$7 a gallon.
Sell it and make a bit of money, when you are on your way back order a new one if you still want one. more problems may be ironed out by then. Market will probably different and it will be easier to get what you want.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You’re be a badass in Europe with a Bronco.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might get more for it over there, I don’t know what transport cost would be.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
… gas will probably be $7 a gallon here when you come back in 3-4 years.

Obviously can’t tell what your financials are but I’d put that $30-60k worth of payments into seeing the world while you’re over there, Spain is a great taking off point for anywhere in the world except the Pacific rim countries. Maybe by the time you come back there will be a PHEV Bronco manual badsquatch with a 3.0L that gets 60mpg (equivalent).

Sponsored

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure about Spain, but I have a friend that exports vehicles to Sweden, and anything that's not an antique has an insane duty tax. So selling it over there would not be a good idea. As stated, sell it and get another one when you return. Eventually they'll be everywhere on the used market. Broncos are a niche vehicle, and in my opinion not daily drivers, so I think you'll see buyers giving them up in a few years.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be painful, but I'd probably sell. There are shipping and import costs, you lost money if you want to sell it here after (trust me - wife's overseas-shipped vehicle was a bit of an issue, despite being in good shape), and you have to think about getting something repaired if it breaks - not sure you can get warranty coverage from a European Ford dealership (might be worth checking out).

One other thought - I'm not sure about Spain, but plenty of places I've been in Europe aren't friendly to larger vehicles. I've seen imported F-150s and of course there are Defenders and things over there, but it might turn out to be a bit inconvenient size-wise depending on where you're living.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No question. Sell it and make a little bit over what you paid. Put in an order now for a new one and maybe it will get a Blend date soon after you get back in 4 years. :sneaky: Ok, no, but seriously, I would sell it now.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tough decision.

Depending on your financial situation, if you can afford it, you’d have an extremely rare vehicle there if you brought your Bronco over. More rare than in North America… not by much though :ROFLMAO:

If you have a few months still, start looking into what you could get for it over there. Factoring in transportation and any inspections required.

The easiest option is to sell it here though - Will likely make a few bucks and don’t need to deal with any hassle.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be moving overseas in the next few months. I’d be gone for 3-4 years. Just wondering what y’all would do. Going to Spain where gas appears to be ~$7 a gallon.
If you are .mi, won’t they ship it for cheap? I would think transporting to Europe and selling could be very lucrative, then buy some cool euro vehicle not available in the US to bring home. There used to be a guy in Phoenix with a newer diesel Ranger he had the military bring back from Europe. The dealer was able to service it.

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sell it and order a new one, by the time you are getting back you should be getting a build date

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You’re be a badass in Europe with a Bronco.
Until he has an issue with it and there is no dealership support to warranty it or repair it

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure about Spain, but I have a friend that exports vehicles to Sweden, and anything that's not an antique has an insane duty tax. So selling it over there would not be a good idea. As stated, sell it and get another one when you return. Eventually they'll be everywhere on the used market. Broncos are a niche vehicle, and in my opinion not daily drivers, so I think you'll see buyers giving them up in a few years.
I do agree that selling makes the most sense here, but I disagree the Bronco is not a daily driver. That might apply to Jeeps (although untold numbers of people do daily them), but Ford has made the refinements over Jeep to position these as excellent dailies. I bought mine specifically to be my daily.

MontanaOsprey

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi SLine Q3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine will eventually be a daily driver. (Retired, 25 to 30 miles estimated daily driving). To be delivered: Nov. 4th.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope they're daily drivers, that's what mine will be doing most days.
Sponsored