First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm so with you, and I don't know what to do. I have a First Edition reserved but I've wanted a hybrid the whole way through. So what do we do? Trade in after a year? Ughhhhh. That's going to waste some money for sure. Waiting another year? I've already waited 15. I guess I could go one more.... but I sure don't want to.

Bleh.
:oops: I don't think i could pass up getting a 1st Edition. :unsure: The Only logical thing to do is buy The FIRST EDITION NOW & The Hybrid LATER :alien: And Then KEEP THEM BOTH OF COURSE!!! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Specially since Ford has made it a major investment and strategy, its not shocking the 2021 F150 and MachE prove that.
Not to mention Ford already told their investors in an earnings call that they will be bringing EV and hybrid tech to the Bronco. And their $500M investment in Rivian. Don't really need a crystal ball.

The issue is simply when.

And this gets to those lame product managers referenced earlier... launching a new product is incredibly challenging. You have to have enough options to let the market see the potential and allow certain segments to tell you where they want you to go *without* making the launch too complex with too many variables and options. You've got supply chain to build, first time yield to get dialed in, line velocity to hit it's stride, etc. Your roadmap will include all the possibilities (V8, hybrid, EV, pickup variant, lux mall crawler vairant) but what order you do them in - if at all - will be informed by the response following initial shipments. So you don't want to put out dates, because they are likely to change. You also don't want to talk about the future too much, because you don't want to freeze your own customers "... maybe I'll wait for that next thing."

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's pretty far from accurate, CR doesn't take ads and they buy their own cars for long term tests

They don't look at cars with an enthusiasts eye and tend to recommend boring cars, that's why people look at CR as a joke. It because their criteria is different than an enthusiasts criteria.
CR accepts criticism of hard to use infotainment systems and uses that to say a vehicle is not reliable, there are huge discrepancies in their data. On top of that none of it can truly attest to long term reliability, if every vehicle failed at 120k miles that would never show on their reports.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's too bad the manual they're using can't handle the power/torque this puts out. Manual hybrid would be sweet (and Sasquatch).

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
CR accepts criticism of hard to use infotainment systems and uses that to say a vehicle is no reliable, their are huge discrepancies in their data. On top of that none of it can truly attest to long term reliability, if every vehicle failed at 120k miles that would never show on their reports.
So you're in agreement that they have different criteria than a car enthusiast! GREAT

They also rate used and cheap cars for reliability, basically exactly what you say it wouldn't show. It's not every month, only a couple times a year, but maybe its online.... It's the same boring safe recommendation though.

It's just one data point, I wouldn't take it as my only research but it is good information to absorb.

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess you’ll just ignore the added components associated with turbos all pulling down reliability, the non linear power curve, and simplicity to fix them when your 200 miles from civilization.

Not a big deal if you don’t leave the mall I suppose.
? That is Spoken like someone that's never driven a Modern Twin Turbo V-6 From FORD..... ? Have you ever Driven ANY MODERN Turbocharged Vehicles? ? They are FANF#CKINGTASTIC!!!?

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey thanks for watching! Please note this was from a Source close to Ford, not just speculation.
Would you say this is being used on the Raptor type premium product? I want a hybrid option and might even hold off a year, but if it’s going to be $60K+, it would be a waste of time to wait since I’m not looking to spend that kind of coin.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
? That is Spoken like someone that's never driven a Modern Twin Turbo V-6 From FORD..... ? Have you ever Driven ANY MODERN Turbocharged Vehicles? ? They are FANF#CKINGTASTIC!!!?
Yes I was stranded 1000 miles from home on my 2.7L work truck when the turbo failed, tons of oil pan leaks and I’m never touching that engine again. Weak engine and got worse fuel economy than the V8 that replaced it.

I noticed Your comment doesn’t touch on a single point I made. Interesting.

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
5 pages of comments and no one - including the OP - has mentioned that this powertrain in the Aviator makes over SIX HUNDRED foot-pounds of torque
I posted that a LONG Time ago in another Hybrid post. Some People Just Don't Get It! ? That Powertrain Is Flipping AMAZING!!! ?

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Yes I was stranded 1000 miles from home on my 2.7L work truck when the turbo failed, tons of oil pan leaks and I’m never touching that engine again. Weak engine and got worse fuel economy than the V8 that replaced it.

I noticed Your comment doesn’t touch on a single point I made. Interesting.
Inquiring minds still want to know how you got a Holden imported. Should be an interesting story.

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't be surprised if they only made a hybrid version of the Sport/Baby Bronco. Doesn't seem like they'd have a lot of room to work with for batteries in the Bronco, although miracles can be made with enough 18650/21700 cells.
? The batteries go in place of the "Underfloor Storage" in the back & the motor is built INTO the 10 Speed Transmission. It was designed specifically to be a Hybrid from Day One. ⚡:alien:⚡

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Inquiring minds still want to know how you got a Holden imported. Should be an interesting story.
Didn’t need to, GM imported it and even put the steering wheel on the correct side.

The Utes are a little harder, but the 6 speed manual Commodore was enough for me.

http://www.lefthandutes.com/

Ford should have sold the Falcon in the USA, V8 and inline 6 in a sedan would have been awesome.

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Mpixel

Badlands