First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will have a 2 week window so it will be close but you are welcome to schedule once it is in the corral to schedule the pickup..
No worries, I'm coming from Illinois. But the thought just struck me when people were talking about flights. Good info.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More and more I'm thinking I'm going to make the switch to Granger, fly out to Des Moines and then drive back to Charlotte, NC.

I have emailed and called several places in and around Charlotte and responses have ranged from non-committal to "Yes, x-plan will almost assuredly be available, but x-plan price is what it is and we cannot go lower than that if you're using x-plan."

Pretty sure I can use points to pay for my flight out and then just spend a few hundred bucks on gas/food/hotel on the way back home to make it work. Looks like I need to sit down and do some actual math because it's just not looking like we're going to get anything close to Granger here in NC.
I’m with you as of right now. Did the math pretty realistically and I’m looking at $500 in expenses for the whole trip. That’s assuming I stay in a hotel 2 nights, but I’ll most likely just just nap it in the new bronco. I won’t want to get out it.
That being said, I’d be will to make concessions with a dealership local at 700-800 below invoice OTD + tax and reg.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More and more I'm thinking I'm going to make the switch to Granger, fly out to Des Moines and then drive back to Charlotte, NC.

I have emailed and called several places in and around Charlotte and responses have ranged from non-committal to "Yes, x-plan will almost assuredly be available, but x-plan price is what it is and we cannot go lower than that if you're using x-plan."

Pretty sure I can use points to pay for my flight out and then just spend a few hundred bucks on gas/food/hotel on the way back home to make it work. Looks like I need to sit down and do some actual math because it's just not looking like we're going to get anything close to Granger here in NC.
I’m right there with you @siddious33! I’m also in Charlotte and haven’t received a firm commitment yet to my X-plan pin, just that they it should be able to be used for my Bronco purchase. I would really like to find a local dealership to create a great relationship with and do business with, but at the end of the day (or should I say before Oct 31) I won’t hesitate to make the call to Ford Customer Service and change My reservation to Granger!

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m right there with you @siddious33! I’m also in Charlotte and haven’t received a firm commitment yet to my X-plan pin, just that they it should be able to be used for my Bronco purchase. I would really like to find a local dealership to create a great relationship with and do business with, but at the end of the day (or should I say before Oct 31) I won’t hesitate to make the call to Ford Customer Service and change My reservation to Granger!
Well if you find one here that will work with you to get to anything close to Granger, let me know. I'll do the same.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't the vehicle be delivered to you and you do your paperwork electronically? Ford pays the dealership to do off-site delivery. Just a thought.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't the vehicle be delivered to you and you do your paperwork electronically? Ford pays the dealership to do off-site delivery. Just a thought.
Iowa still does not do electronic sigs, I know old school but the laws have not changed here yet.

Thought the CV19 would get it moving but not yet..

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good suggestion to a point, in my opinion. I have looked into doing this from a Texas dealer about 800 miles away to my home in New Mexico.

Ford dealers offer delivery in at least two ways, AFAIK:
  • Trailered, which usually costs extra but puts almost no additional mileage on the vehicle
  • Employee-driven, which is free from many dealers but puts mileage on the vehicle
Both have inherent concerns about potential for minor road damage, of course.

Is that accurate? Appreciate your clarifications/additions if needed. Thanks.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iowa still does not do electronic sigs, I know old school but the laws have not changed here yet.

Thought the CV19 would get it moving but not yet..
Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I've been doing it for months and our store has been delivering all over in other states. Hopefully that gets corrected for you all sooner than later.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good suggestion to a point, in my opinion. I have looked into doing this from a Texas dealer about 800 miles away to my home in New Mexico.

Ford dealers offer delivery in at least two ways, AFAIK:
  • Trailered, which usually costs extra but puts almost no additional mileage on the vehicle
  • Employee-driven, which is free from many dealers but puts mileage on the vehicle
Both have inherent concerns about potential for minor road damage, of course.

Is that accurate? Appreciate your clarifications/additions if needed. Thanks.
Yes. That's accurate. Also keep in mind if anything happens while in route the consumer (even if the contract has been signed) can still turn it away. Not sure about your laws where you reside, but in my state you must take full delivery and sign all paperwork for it to be sealed.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I've been doing it for months and our store has been delivering all over in other states. Hopefully that gets corrected for you all sooner than later.
Us as well, our IADA has been pushing for years now...

It is in legislature but we all know how "fast" that can be..

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Us as well, our IADA has been pushing for years now...

It is in legislature but we all know how "fast" that can be..
I can not imagine that. 1st thing we did was start e signing off site to make it safe for our customers. Good luck!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
What would be the process for that? If you posted the answer elsewhere you can you post a link, that would be great

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This move will cause Granger Ford to be a top dealer in the US. While other dealers are looking into a short term strategy of making a few bucks on a few Broncos, Granger is building a huge following with this strategy. Well done.