Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have roundabouts here but people cant function when they pull up to em...almost as bad as a 4 way stop.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Forget the complexities of a roundabout, If you don't know the difference between these two merge signs and what they are telling you, you're actually part of the problem.

Honestly, for the love of all that is good and holy (plus 9 lb 5 oz baby Jesus), why are these two signs not understood by the general public?

Ford Bronco Drove a crew cab 4wd Ranger today xAdded-Lane-and-Merge-signs-2-650x325.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FDAaMqGAFP[1]

However, I digress.

The 2019 Ranger is a pretty darn awesome truck and i'm so friken excited that the 2.3 from it is in the Bronco. There are jokes that 95% of Bronco owners won't actually take their rig offroading in any capacity. Well 99.99% of Bronco owners won't actually need the 2.7 ltr engine. It's down to American desire to find out who's pen is longer.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Forget the complexities of a roundabout, If you don't know the difference between these two merge signs and what they are telling you, you're actually part of the problem.

Honestly, for the love of all that is good and holy (plus 9 lb 5 oz baby Jesus), why are these two signs not understood by the general public?

Ford Bronco Drove a crew cab 4wd Ranger today xAdded-Lane-and-Merge-signs-2-650x325.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FDAaMqGAFP[1]

However, I digress.

The 2019 Ranger is a pretty darn awesome truck and i'm so friken excited that the 2.3 from it is in the Bronco. There are jokes that 95% of Bronco owners won't actually take their rig offroading in any capacity. Well 99.99% of Bronco owners won't actually need the 2.7 ltr engine. It's down to American desire to find out who's pen is longer.
You're giving average drivers way too much credit. People are stupid. Try driving here in South Florida and you'll see crazy things on the road.

About to miss your exit in the left lane doing 80? Go to the next exit after safely getting over? Nah.....lets slam on the brakes and cross 6 lanes of traffic in one swoop cutting everyone off just to get to the exit.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doug, the wife's '18 Mustang GT was one of those. The service writer kept saying "give it some more miles, it's learning." I finally took it in, and told this 10spd must be stupid, 'cause it ain't learned a damn thing. :) They reflashed it, or updated it, or maybe both IDK for sure. But, the car is now a joy to drive (especially in "sport" mode). I still think it has too many gears, and the six speed was just as good. But, what do I know? :)
The 10sp transimissions are "adaptive". They "learn" your typically driving habits and alter the shift points and shift "pressure" for sure over time. I notice when I go from my house in the city to my cottage. It takes a while during the tranisition from locations to feel "normal". At the cottgae I usually jump right on a 55mph road after going through the neighborhood for 100yards?. At the city house, I drive 5 miles at under 35 to get anyrwhere. It is noticebale as it "learns" the difference. The truck shifts slow at the cottage for a day or two somewhat harsh in the city for the same period of time, clears up after a day or two.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MY93SHO

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2012 Goldwing, 1997 Valkyrie Tourer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They also use the same frame and both have solid rear axle and ifs
Bronco uses the next-gen Ranger frame. Not the Ranger currently on the lots.

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're giving average drivers way too much credit. People are stupid. Try driving here in South Florida and you'll see crazy things on the road.

About to miss your exit in the left lane doing 80? Go to the next exit after safely getting over? Nah.....lets slam on the brakes and cross 6 lanes of traffic in one swoop cutting everyone off just to get to the exit.
#Atlanta

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread has me not feeling to good about the auto anymore...all this gear hunting and learning sounds like crap that I don't want to have to live with.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

However, I digress.

Where I am that one on the left may as well be a stop sign.

Ive lived all over my country, a number of cities, I've been all through the US and have driven in the Carribean, Africa, Europe, etc. and I can say, for sure, that the people in this province are the absolute worst at merging. They don't even bother. Its quite remarkable. When I moved here I literally looked at the laws because I thought I was missing something.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This thread has me not feeling to good about the auto anymore...all this gear hunting and learning sounds like crap that I don't want to have to live with.
My GF loves the AT in her Ranger. She doesn't notice anything wrong with it at all.... She also hasn't driven a manual since High School, and then it was in Florida, where there isn't exactly a lot of hills.

Yet i'm here on these digital pages disparaging against it. So it should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm very, very happy for the manual transmission option mated to the 2.3.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a few roundabouts here, and people are idiots and can't figure them out. They completely stop despite the giant YIELD sign there.
Yeah, thankfully there aren’t all that many in SF.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 10sp and 2.7. The best power train I have ever had, no question. Tows great, fast, great economy, smooth.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Historically, 64.7% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Or like John Madden said ”90% of the game is 1/2 mental”.
Sponsored