Sponsored

Can you walk away from your order next spring if not satisfied?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious Albert...has Granger projected\estimated the % of orders that they believe people would walk away from AFTER a December order and BEFORE accepting delivery? I assume you would have given this some thought as the ordered Broncos will be showing up on your doorstep with or without a person accepting that order. Although you shouldn't have any issue unloading any Broncos.

I just don't think $100 is a huge barrier to ordering and letting the $100 ride all the way until delivery (even if the $100 was non refundable after Dec).

I could see the reservation to order conversion rate being fairly high...and then the order to acceptance rate being much, much lower. It is going to hurt seeing those Broncos at dealerships as I wait for my order fulfillment.
I would see this as a big benefit for the dealer. They'll probably make more money on the canceled orders than those that complete. They can charge whatever they choose and there will be a customer not willing to wait and pay that price.
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 questions in one so I split them apart

1. Yes you are only obligated after you sign the final paperwork...
There may be pressure put on (doubt it with the Bronco) to deliver but cannot be forced.​
2. you need it in writing to assure yourself that it is refundable if delivery is not taken.
If the dealership is the type that applies pressure as above then probably not refundable..​
Each Dealership handles things their way I am just giving advice as to what I would do in that situation..
Hi Albert,

would you please clarify as I find this topic very interesting. I thought at one point recently it came up that Ford strongly frowned upon dealers who had 'sold' cars that then didn't follow through to delivery.

Isn't that what this situation would be? i.e. an ordered Bronco is 'sold' to Ford so they prioritize the build, but customers who then are dis-satisifed for some reason and walk away. Will this reflect poorly on you?

Or is the Bronco an exception because so many WON'T get a chance to really experience it before we have to order?

thank you in advance.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Id be SHOCKED if we get away with only $100 initial deposit through delivery.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one am glad Granger is not requiring a large deposit down to place the order. With the very unpredictable time for delivery- up to a year or longer with some reservations possibly- to many things can change in a persons life financially to commit to large sums of money down and in some cases non-refundable deposit ...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are not sure if you will fit in the SUV?
The information on leg, hip and shoulder room is all available for the 2 and 4 Dr.
Make sure you fit before placing the order?
WOW , so very helpful, it's almost like you didn't read the post. ;)

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Albert,

would you please clarify as I find this topic very interesting. I thought at one point recently it came up that Ford strongly frowned upon dealers who had 'sold' cars that then didn't follow through to delivery.

Isn't that what this situation would be? i.e. an ordered Bronco is 'sold' to Ford so they prioritize the build, but customers who then are dis-satisifed for some reason and walk away. Will this reflect poorly on you?

Or is the Bronco an exception because so many WON'T get a chance to really experience it before we have to order?

thank you in advance.
Yes they want the vehicles titled in the name ordered under...

Yes you are correct but as a dealership we cannot force someone to take the vehicle..
  • Financial situation changes
  • Medical situations
  • and so on..
It would but Ford will have a % a dealer may have and then some action (not sure of what as we have not had that problem) from them would ensue..

And I believe you have hit the nail on the head there with limited/no availability prior to ordering..

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Deposit is a dealer by dealer thing...

Ask and get it in writing before you leave any more money if they say it is refundable...

We are not requiring additional money down on the order..
It would be smart to do so honestly. Assuming backouts will happen, they will just become a stock unit. And any stock units are going to be worth an absolute premium unless they’re some dumb configuration.

I don’t see many people backing out though.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi Albert,

thank you in advance.
Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?

No. The purchase agreement will be between you and the dealer, not you and Ford.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WOW , so very helpful, it's almost like you didn't read the post. ;)
Well if published interior dimensions are not helpful and different manufacturers cars fit you differently and the only way for you to know if a car fits your particular physique is to actually sit in it, then really the question is not whether your earnest deposit at the time of order placement is refundable but rather what is your rush to place an order before you actually sit in a Bronco and decide whether or not it fits you??
Confounding ?

You are most welcome ?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well if published interior dimensions are not helpful and different manufacturers cars fit you differently and the only way for you to know if a car fits your particular physique is to actually sit in it, then really the question is not whether your earnest deposit at the time of order placement is refundable but rather what is your rush to place an order before you actually sit in a Bronco and decide whether or not it fits you??
Confounding ?

You are most welcome ?
I can only speak for myself, but this is the final qualifier for me. You can throw out whatever measurements you want. I need to sit in it.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At far as I understand you are NOT required to put down a deposit before the car arrives and you sign the final paperwork. As @Nickp said, the dealers have zero risk in this case. If you don’t take it they will sell your bronco to some one else EASY.

Back in 2010 I custom ordered my 5.0. I had a unique combo because I got grabber blue with a manual and a glass roof. The dealer only required a $500 deposit because my combination was unique. HOWEVER their intention was only to make sure I was serious they never even cashed the check lol

Last edited:

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Id be SHOCKED if we get away with only $100 initial deposit through delivery.
If they ask for more ask for your money back!

In California all auto deposits are refundable by law. Though we have over 10% fees for ttl. Haha.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You won’t even have that $100 “skin in the game” if you call in to switch dealers by Oct 31. You are refunded the $100 by dealer A, and the new dealer does NOT take in a new $100 deposit. You are $0 invested with a guaranteed delivery.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer / salesperson has said when we put the order in they are looking for a $1400 deposit.

I'm fine with it - since we will have finalized the price. If its just a "C'mon - help a brother out" kinda thing, I'll politely decline until we confirm the final price.

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't do it.

You may not see the truck for a year after your deposit. Heck, if there's a new COVID wave, or a gnat winks at a grasshopper in China, it could be even longer.

This isn't like you place the order, then track the production, and get the vehicle in a few months.

Lots of unknowns here.

My dealer / salesperson has said when we put the order in they are looking for a $1400 deposit.

I'm fine with it - since we will have finalized the price. If its just a "C'mon - help a brother out" kinda thing, I'll politely decline until we confirm the final price.
Sponsored