First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a chance to sit in a russian mig 17 once ,after being familiar with a f 16 the mig was like a donkey cart so simple analog everything .Even the tires had an aggresive tread so you could land anywhere,thats ghe way a bronco should be keep it simple!
How do you find a pilot in a group of people?

You don’t have to, he’ll tell you.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Epic. I hope its a plug in hybrid.
I wonder if you could plug it into a 2021 F150?

Edit: Actually, it was #wiseguy BUT since I don't know anything about plug in cars there is true wonderment about it.

Last edited:

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BHALE44

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Sierra 4x4 (unfortunately)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's another point to think about! As often as FORD updates vehicles will the bronco be updated by the time I receive my model??? They are saying it could be 2022 before I get it!! I'm starting to think Jeep

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But can it tow...

Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is great but can u get a FE interior update FORD!!!

2865965E-58C9-4DA5-B79E-FA4E3924FD2C.jpeg

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really not buying the whole hybrid/EV thing as a serious off roader. Ford is really going to have to prove the that a hybrid/EV can stand up to the rigors of serious hardcore off roading whether that be slinging mud, playing on rocks, running all out in the desert or even just overloading.
I'm with ya. The idea of highly extended fuel range because it's a hybrid is awesome, you wouldn't need to try and plug your Bronco into a potato if it were full electric and you run out of juice 200 miles from civilization. But hybrid is such complicated tech. Trail-side fixes would be nigh impossible unless you helped build that rig personally. Then all the tools and spare parts needed would take up all the room for your iPads and sleeping bags.

Electric only works if you're near a grid. Hybrid would be great for extended range or long trips in isolated areas. Gas engines are still reliable in an off road environment. How well would the batteries or motor work in the desert heat? Submerged in mud? Bashed off a rock like they're doing in Moab and the Rubicon?

If they had answers to these and more, I'd like to see what they've got.

Last edited:

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TFLcar, citing a unnamed source, claims that the 2022 Bronco Hybrid (PHEV) will use the 3.0L V6 EcoBoost engine from the Explorer ST and Aviator Grand Touring.

Now, we have new information suggesting exactly how the Bronco Hybrid will take shape. Reports to date have suggested the body-on-frame SUV will borrow hybrid powertrain components from either the F-150 or Explorer Hybrid. According to our source, those earlier reports are broadly accurate.

We reached out to Ford for comment, and a company spokesperson replied that they do not comment on future product. That is typical for these sorts of stories, so we will have to wait and see whether time and Ford’s own development teams flesh out this information with an actual vehicle.

Here’s how a Bronco Hybrid could work
As it stands, the Ford Bronco Hybrid will use the company’s new modular hybrid transmission. It’s the same 10-speed unit mated with an electric motor that Ford currently employs in the Explorer Hybrid as well as the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring, and will use in the F-150 Hybrid. Note that this is a “modular” transmission, which means that the gasoline engine bolted to it could vary from vehicle to vehicle. That is the case with the Bronco Hybrid which is currently in development.

While the Explorer Hybrid uses a 3.3-liter V6 engine and the F-150 Hybrid uses a 3.5-liter powertrain, the Bronco Hybrid will reportedly go a different route. Our information suggests the SUV will use a 3.0-liter V6 engine. The twin-turbo EcoBoost unit currently sees service in the Ford Explorer ST and the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring, with the latter seeing up to 494 horsepower. On its own, the engine produces 400 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque in both those cars.

Could a Bronco Hybrid make more than 450 horsepower?
To be clear, our source did not mention specific output, or any further figures beyond the engine’s displacement. We are not suggesting that the Bronco will have Aviator levels of power, based on the information w e currently have. Both the Explorer and F-150 Hybrid models use a 35-kW (47 horsepower) electric motor sandwiched into the 10-speed automatic transmission, and it’s likely the Ford Bronco Hybrid will do the same. The Explorer Hybrid manages 318 horsepower and 322 lb-ft of torque the way it’s configured, while we could expect a decent power bump from a more powerful engine.

Mind you, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that’s currently in development manages 450 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. We don’t have an idea how the plug-in hybrid Wrangler 4xe will manage yet, but a 400 horsepower V6 and 47 horsepower electric motor would put the Bronco Hybrid in the same ballpark for best-in-class power.

There is currently one catch
Unfortunately, it may be awhile before we actually see a Ford Bronco Hybrid. Our source also stated that the model has been delayed. That’s hardly a surprising outcome given the current global situation and the explosive demand for the gasoline-powered Bronco. However, the electrified version may not see daylight until the 2022 model year. Before that, we may see Ford’s official unveiling in 2021.

Full article at: https://www.tflcar.com/2020/08/2022-ford-bronco-hybrid-leak-news/
?THIS is why I want to lease. Pay only for my usage and then turn it in or buy it then trade it for whatever is coming down the road,
Sponsored