Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, this would definitely be a question asked if it were to be worked into the deal. I know for a fact, I would not want my bronco delivered to me by someone driving it. I can’t say for sure, but I would assume the vast majority is with me on this.
Also might depend on how far from the dealer to you. In Texas, that could be a helluva drive...
Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Added my name to the list. I’m in Georgia and will make the trip if you all come up with a deal as good as Granger is advertising and the dealership is somewhat near the Houston area (relatives there).
If the Texas thing doesn't work out for you I believe Town & Country Ford on Pell City AL is offering good deals. They have a big online presence.

will drive from Baton Rouge, LA for a good deal!!!
I've been requesting x-plan prices and NO ADM in Louisiana at several dealers, so far I've gotten no real responses.. looks like a trip is in order!
Agreed. Apparently the Louisiana dealers do not want to discuss Broncos or your reservations. I had a sales guy reach out to me the morning after I made my reservation. Since then, I can’t get him or any of the sales managers to return a phone call, text, or email. Guess they don’t want to sell any Broncos. I’ve had the same results when I contact any other Louisiana dealer. I’m only trying to find out if they’ll accept x-plan and if there are any additional markups/up-charges. Not one dealer will respond. Their loss now.
Not sure where you guys are located in Louisiana but my reservation is with Hollingworth Ford in Baton Rouge. They have verified X-plan and a free lifetime powertrain warranty. I haven't approached them with matching some of these other deals but I plan on it.

To expand on that, if say you buy a vehicle in ID, the sales tax for vehicles is 6% and you live in TX. In TX, the sales tax is 6.5%. So the buyer from TX pays the difference. I'm not sure how it would work the other way.

One other thought is warranties when purchasing from out of state. This can become a huge legal headache that buyers need to look into before the purchase.
Where you purchase the vehicle from has NOTHING to do with what taxes you pay. You will pay what you local tax rates are where you will register it. Any dealer should have no trouble handling this for you. I've done it many times.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, this would definitely be a question asked if it were to be worked into the deal. I know for a fact, I would not want my bronco delivered to me by someone driving it. I can’t say for sure, but I would assume the vast majority is with me on this.
I was buying a new F150 a few months ago from out of state....deal was done...I was paying extra for shipping to me...fine....until I figure out that they were going to have some yo-yo drive it to me !! 400 miles......won't say what I said.....but I tore the deal up....who wants some creep driving your new ride.:mad:

Sponsored

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@BayouBronco - interesting find on the BR / Hollingsworth Dealership..I've added myself to the appointment cue.. about the lifetime warranty; it's legit, one issue I would have is servicing would have to be done at A dealership for the warranty to work.. anxious to see about the x-plan pricing! Thanks for the heads-up

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BayouBronco - interesting find on the BR / Hollingsworth Dealership..I've added myself to the appointment cue.. about the lifetime warranty; it's legit, one issue I would have is servicing would have to be done at A dealership for the warranty to work.. anxious to see about the x-plan pricing! Thanks for the heads-up
That's not always the case. Grangers warranty states that they must do ALL RECOMMENDED maintenance. My question would be who's recommendations, Ford's or theirs? The other dealer that's posted on this thread states that his warranty included with the deal will not have that stipulation and you could carry his warranty with you anywhere. I was a parts manager for a long time at a huge automotive group, so I know all of their tricks. I haven't had a chance to go in and talk directly to Hollingsworth about the details of their warranty as of yet.

Where in Louisiana are you located?

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's not always the case. Grangers warranty states that they must do ALL RECOMMENDED maintenance. My question would be who's recommendations, Ford's or theirs? The other dealer that's posted on this thread states that his warranty included with the deal will not have that stipulation and you could carry his warranty with you anywhere. I was a parts manager for a long time at a huge automotive group, so I know all of their tricks. I haven't had a chance to go in and talk directly to Hollingsworth about the details of their warranty as of yet.

Where in Louisiana are you located?
Cenla (Ft. Polk)

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could use some guidance. I haven't reserved yet but probably need to go ahead and do that - I'd hate for Ford to say "no more for a while" and miss out. (And I need an actual reservation to get in on the TX group buy.)

So, where to place that reservation? I'm hoping/anticipating y'all's efforts work out, and we have a good TX option that approaches Granger numbers. But not sure where to reserve (initially) as a backup plan while the team works its magic. (Outstanding as Albert/Granger are, I just can't convince myself that I'd actually make the Iowa run.)

Has anyone had any promising indications from any Houston area dealers at all? Suggestions are appreciated. Direct msg is fine if it avoids thread clutter. Thanks.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cenla (Ft. Polk)
Cool. Oh how do you like your Cayenne? We Had an Audi Q7 for a few years and I've never been so happy to get rid of a vehicle in my life. That silky smooth supercharged V6 and the Quattro were awesome but $300 oil changes, $2000 brakes every 20K miles, and a crappy dealer made it a bad experience. Traded it on 4Runner TRD Pro and she's been very happy with it.

Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could use some guidance. I haven't reserved yet but probably need to go ahead and do that - I'd hate for Ford to say "no more for a while" and miss out. (And I need an actual reservation to get in on the TX group buy.)

So, where to place that reservation? I'm hoping/anticipating y'all's efforts work out, and we have a good TX option that approaches Granger numbers. But not sure where to reserve (initially) as a backup plan while the team works its magic. (Outstanding as Albert/Granger are, I just can't convince myself that I'd actually make the Iowa run.)

Has anyone had any promising indications from any Houston area dealers at all? Suggestions are appreciated. Direct msg is fine if it avoids thread clutter. Thanks.
I'd make a couple of calls to your local dealers and verify if they will honor X-Plan pricing or no ADM on a special ordered Bronco. Once you verify that then just make your reservation with them and then you can always change it before Oct. 31st to a different dealer if you so choose.

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cool. Oh how do you like your Cayenne? We Had an Audi Q7 for a few years and I've never been so happy to get rid of a vehicle in my life. That silky smooth supercharged V6 and the Quattro were awesome but $300 oil changes, $2000 brakes every 20K miles, and a crappy dealer made it a bad experience. Traded it on 4Runner TRD Pro and she's been very happy with it.
Mine is a 09 / VR6 variant .. I do all my maintenance (oil, brakes, etc) ..heck I even took the valve cover /intake off to change the oil-air separator diaphragm ! I wish it had more power , but other than that it's been great (91k miles). I'll give it to the wife and sell her g37x. Bronco is for me! ?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Added my name to the list. I’m in Georgia and will make the trip if you all come up with a deal as good as Granger is advertising and the dealership is somewhat near the Houston area (relatives there).
I'm interested in who this Houston dealer is if you could find out?

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is a link to a thread that has a spreadsheet of dealers and what they are offering as far as x plan, adm, and doc fees. It’s editable by all users so I would call each dealer to verify. I haven’t checked it in a while but hopefully it will help get you started.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...m-x-plans-special-discounts-master-list.2010/
Thanks. It hadn’t clicked that “any x-plan dealer” does provide a good worst-case option. I’ll pursue that.

Appreciate the tips and the work to coordinate a group buy.
Sponsored