First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! That's the impression I've been getting for the most part, with a few people having some issues, but I feel like that's just how it is with cars. Just like with people, some have no issues, some have minimal issues, and some are in the hospital (shop) every other day. I know it shouldn't be like that for things that are mainly built by machines, but it is. And also people say by the 2nd model year things should pretty much be fixed, I have a 2012 GTI who's first MY was 2010 and they didn't fix the issues that I'm having and have had until MY2013 so you never really know if a bug is gonna show and if it does when they will address it at the manufacturing level.
One thing to take with a grain of salt is the effort Ford will put into the truck. Yes, a ton of earlier problems have been seen and fixed, but also mostly on models with high production numbers for the average Jane and Joe. My Gen 1 Raptor had a lot of previously used parts and heavily tested tech on it. Like the SVT Raptor, this Bronco is getting beat up before its released. Moab, Rubicon, Baja, etc. The intent to shake out those issues before reaching the consumer. When the FSBs came out on random odd issues for the Raptor, Ford was very responsive to their customers. I had a leak in the cab where the rush of production caused a kink in a drain tube. They were in a big hurry in 2011 to crank out orders. Fixed under warranty, but they (corporate) followed up to find out my satisfaction on the truck as a whole. A lot of effort went into it before the release and a lot was put into fixing Gen 1 issues and transferred to the Gen 2. My 2011 is a solid truck and I've run it hard. REALLY hard. 133k miles was my first leak.

To keep it in perspective though: Gen 2 TTs are known for a lot of maintenance, whereas my 6.2 gets a lot of "bulletproof" comments. I believe the Gen 2 isn't an SVT vehicle though, so being a high volume vehicle, that may be what you see in the variations of reliable vs not. We're seeing Ford beat the brakes off these trucks as we speak, almost real time. The reliability should be worked out, then expect some assembly line quirks to arise during production that need to get worked out.

Point is, Ford put time and effort into the Raptor that other vics didn't get nor get today. Same happens with GT500s and 350s. The Bronco seems to have had more testing than the Gen 1 because it's not purpose built just for desert, it's more of an all around rig so needs more from the various design teams. At least that's what I'm seeing, maybe social media testing in 2009/10 wasn't as big for car manufacturers as it's being right now. In any case, you'll likely see better reliability out of Bronco production lines than what others have seen from regular cars.
Sponsored

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to take with a grain of salt is the effort Ford will put into the truck. Yes, a ton of earlier problems have been seen and fixed, but also mostly on models with high production numbers for the average Jane and Joe. My Gen 1 Raptor had a lot of previously used parts and heavily tested tech on it. Like the SVT Raptor, this Bronco is getting beat up before its released. Moab, Rubicon, Baja, etc. The intent to shake out those issues before reaching the consumer. When the FSBs came out on random odd issues for the Raptor, Ford was very responsive to their customers. I had a leak in the cab where the rush of production caused a kink in a drain tube. They were in a big hurry in 2011 to crank out orders. Fixed under warranty, but they (corporate) followed up to find out my satisfaction on the truck as a whole. A lot of effort went into it before the release and a lot was put into fixing Gen 1 issues and transferred to the Gen 2. My 2011 is a solid truck and I've run it hard. REALLY hard. 133k miles was my first leak.

To keep it in perspective though: Gen 2 TTs are known for a lot of maintenance, whereas my 6.2 gets a lot of "bulletproof" comments. I believe the Gen 2 isn't an SVT vehicle though, so being a high volume vehicle, that may be what you see in the variations of reliable vs not. We're seeing Ford beat the brakes off these trucks as we speak, almost real time. The reliability should be worked out, then expect some assembly line quirks to arise during production that need to get worked out.

Point is, Ford put time and effort into the Raptor that other vics didn't get nor get today. Same happens with GT500s and 350s. The Bronco seems to have had more testing than the Gen 1 because it's not purpose built just for desert, it's more of an all around rig so needs more from the various design teams. At least that's what I'm seeing, maybe social media testing in 2009/10 wasn't as big for car manufacturers as it's being right now. In any case, you'll likely see better reliability out of Bronco production lines than what others have seen from regular cars.
Thanks for this info as well! Yeah I dont know why it took VW 3 years to fix well documented and known engine issues and some other things that were plaguing the mk6 GTI. Probably why they had a class action lawsuit about it plus you know the whole dieselgate situation less than a decade later. Like you said from everything I've seen they're beating the hell out of the Bronco, I wonder if they'll do this kind of testing on the hybrid (if they're really doing it).

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

? That is Spoken like someone that's never driven a Modern Twin Turbo V-6 From FORD..... ? Have you ever Driven ANY MODERN Turbocharged Vehicles? ? They are FANF#CKINGTASTIC!!!?
I have two: MKZ Black Label & the Raptor.
The wife drives the MKZ and lease is ending and she wants to keep it! She has her choice of any car up to 75K+/- and she's driven some of them but she keeps coming back to the MKZ.
Remember that has the same non-hybrid version of the 3.0 that we are discussing and it pulls out 400HP: so quick that I can feel the front end lift on takeoff. It's her sleeper car and she likes it that way.

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank god for the 3.0 hybrid. I was beginning to think that that I would never be able to go 150 mph @ the mud flats with my squanch. Our prayers have been answered.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My original rationale of "I'm going to keep this truck for 10-15 years" is not going to happen. I know that i'll get the itch and end up trading it in a few years down the road if they keep releasing faster and more modern versions.
I won't.

2011 F150 running well. 2021 model: cool stuff - but nothing I gotta have.

Maybe in 2030-2035, there will be a fully electric, solar recharged, rainbow shooting out of the exhaust version - and maybe I'll get rid of the 2021 model.

Then again, maybe not.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

? ? Maybe they can pipe a V-8 Vroom Vroom in thru the speakers, ? Cuz THE only reason to buy a V-8 now a days over a Twin Turbo V-6 is...... THE SOUND??
Thereā€™s a reason the OG Raptor with its 6.2 big honking indestructible V8 is coveted on the used market .....

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that 3.0 is the Lion diesel, sign me tf up. Otherwise.. meh. Batteries don't like the cold here.

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Idk, I feel like the way you put it makes it sound like it's a bigger issue than it really is. Personally, I'm more comfortable going with an engine who's minor issues are known and manageable, and somewhat preventable, rather than an engine that's not tried and tested yet.
Yes, first, you decide you want something not feasible, then you find 8 examples out of 300,000 and base your irrational claims on that.

Its WELL DOCUMENTED! That must be why there's all these lawsuits and recalls concerning the 2.3L. Every single one sold has at least 18 NHTSAcomplaints. I mean everyday, we are reading about how horrid this engine is, how they all self-destruct at regular intervals. How the awful torque curve causes vehicles to jump wildly in different directions. It's so well documented. Everybody knows this. I probably pass 3 Mustangs and 2 Rangers a day with smoke boiling out of their hoods and the owners gouging their eyes out because it was the car's 14th engine in 17,000 miles. So. Well. Documented.

That's why the Bronco is so unreliable and awful and everything is wrong and, wait, why am I on a Bronco site again?

(For any too dense to understand, yes, I'm being sarcastic.)

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thereā€™s a reason the OG Raptor with its 6.2 big honking indestructible V8 is coveted on the used market .....
There's also a reason why the EcoBoost has taken over the majority of F-150 sales, why the demand for it FAR exceeded Ford's expectations, and why they just can't seem to build enough current Raptors....................

Are not all specialty, rare and extremely popular vehicles coveted on the used market?.................

..............more dots.........

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, first, you decide you want something not feasible, then you find 8 examples out of 300,000 and base your irrational claims on that.

Its WELL DOCUMENTED! That must be why there's all these lawsuits and recalls concerning the 2.3L. Every single one sold has at least 18 NHTSAcomplaints. I mean everyday, we are reading about how horrid this engine is, how they all self-destruct at regular intervals. How the awful torque curve causes vehicles to jump wildly in different directions. It's so well documented. Everybody knows this. I probably pass 3 Mustangs and 2 Rangers a day with smoke boiling out of their hoods and the owners gouging their eyes out because it was the car's 14th engine in 17,000 miles. So. Well. Documented.

That's why the Bronco is so unreliable and awful and everything is wrong and, wait, why am I on a Bronco site again?

(For any too dense to understand, yes, I'm being sarcastic.)
Haha I was confused at first. I think you meant to respond to the other guy

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THIS IS THE ONE THAT I WANT TO RESERVE!!! ? Now there will be a Bronco on Every Other Street Corner before I get Mine ?
Iā€™m in the same boat. Iā€™m ready for a new car And was between this or a gladiator, but iā€˜d like to get more than 13mpg and Something doesnā€™t get blown in the other lane on the hwy(Iā€™ve owned a wrangler) My dad is a scientist so heā€™d chew me out If I bought a guzzler like that in 2020. Iā€˜m a road trip guy so the extra mpg with the speculated extra power is super tempting. I donā€™t know if I can wait two years!

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m in the same boat. Iā€™m ready for a new car And was between this or a gladiator, but iā€˜d like to get more than 13mpg and Something doesnā€™t get blown in the other lane on the hwy(Iā€™ve owned a wrangler) My dad is a scientist so heā€™d chew me out If I bought a guzzler like that in 2020. Iā€˜m a road trip guy so the extra mpg with the speculated extra power is super tempting. I donā€™t know if I can wait two years!
My Daughter turned 16 in March & I gave her My John Cooper Works Countryman & I had hoped to had replaced it with a New Bronco THEN. So, I already had to buy something else already. I wasn't planning on waiting another TWO (three?) MORE YEARS!!! ?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford's old-school approach to product management is tired and lame. The mentality which drives releasing undesirable features first in order to drive more sales over a longer period of time is exactly why legacy auto is failing at software development and the transformation to Mobility. Ford is the precious Prom Queen who teases but doesn't put out.

These new models are the last of the ICE cars...the money that runs the auto industry is drying up unless of course a company uses it to produce future tech. The same money is tired of legacy auto and them not putting out. Don't want to believe it, just read this ---> No more money for legacy development

Starting with a hybrid (versus full EV) is just the same product management strategy as above, only this time Ford is attempting to manage the banks who are lending the money. The banks however are the bad boys who call the prom queen's bluff and get her to put out.

If a hybrid is only another year away I will wait for that and skip the FE. In two years the performance and the battery tech of EVs will improve so much Ford will have no choice but to put out and produce an EV Bronco else face being out of money and left behind.

Imagining a Bronco that does 0-60 in 3 seconds - now that will be something.
Hybrid is the way to go for electrics. A bronco will already have reduced range due to styling, no top or doors (sometimes), extended use in cold temps, mods all over it (especially lifts and tires) and at least some towing of moderate trailers. Why would you hamper it with a drivetrain you can't bring quick refills with you and will have dismal range when used for what it was designed for??

As an example of what NO electric can do.

On Superbowl Sunday (this year) I decided to go look at a 70 classic bronc for sale.
Left @ 5 AM, took about 4.5 hours to get there, maybe 6.5 to get home (was up off western 80 in Pa, and an accident took me way out of the way up in mnts, where I had no idea how to get back to highway). Made it home well in time for Superbowl parties.

This was the trip.

https://www.google.com/maps...

With detours from accident due to 4 inch of un-forcast snow when I got there, close to 700 miles.
I was HAULING in my Fusion Sport, (once past NE extension) and it was cold. Whats the range that day of even a model S @ 90 in those temps? (I did stop for coffee and gas, maybe 10 minutes)

Of course I don't do that trip all the time, but when you gotta go, you gotta go.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

.....but when you gotta go, you gotta go.
Cue George Strait: The older I get... the more I understand that statement.....?
Sponsored

Reactions: OX1