Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am normally against any type of ADM, but having seen the history of mark ups on Ford Performance vehicles in the past that would be pretty hard to pass up. If you can afford it, and want it then I would say go for it, but you get that deal in writing before moving forward
Sponsored

OP
OP
Reloexprt

Reloexprt

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you everyone for the advice. That would be great Puddle Jumper if you can confirm that.

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi Everyone,

So, I had a second order and was selected for the Bronco Raptor, if I want it. They 99's my order while I learn more. Ford put my order on hold without my permission. Getting the Bronco Raptor is very tempting for sure but I kind of feel like I'm being taken advantage of. My dealership is selling the regular Bronco at MSRP. So basically, Ford is saying hey we pulled you for the Bronco Raptor, we are putting your original order on hold and go work out the pricing with your dealership. The dealership wants $5k over MSRP and said that's a good deal. I kind of feel like if I was pulled for this then why can't I buy it for MSRP? Let me know your thoughts and if I'm being ridiculous. I'm having a hard time with keeping the order as it was and telling them to take it off the 99 hold status, revising the order a little bit or ordering the Bronco Raptor. They also want me to sign a no resale agreement which stays in place for one year. Basically it lets the original dealer buy back the vehicle at sales price sold to me or they can say no and then I can sell for whatever amount I want. Any input is helpful and I doubt I can get them to agree to MSRP on it but I kind of feel like Ford put my current order on hold, hoping I would now spend more money. On top of that, the dealership said they are charging more also. If I don't take the Bronco Raptor I was pulled for, they get to keep the allocation.
I say no. If you had an original order at MSRP for another Bronco and now you have an option for the Raptor, ( golden ticket holder)it should be a swap and that too at MSRP. The dealer will make more on the Raptor in any case.
tell him if he won’t sell at MSRP you want to proceed with your original order. Ford was originally allowing customers to switch dealers if they are getting screwed. (Like you are). My understanding is they are no longer, however, if you are getting the run around, they wantyou to report it. I’d call Ford tomorrow.

OP
OP
Reloexprt

Reloexprt

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I say no. If you had an original order at MSRP for another Bronco and now you have an option for the Raptor, ( golden ticket holder)it should be a swap and that too at MSRP. The dealer will make more on the Raptor in any case.
tell him if he won’t sell at MSRP you want to proceed with your original order. Ford was originally allowing customers to switch dealers if they are getting screwed. (Like you are). My understanding is they are no longer, however, if you are getting the run around, they wantyou to report it. I’d call Ford tomorrow.

OP
OP
Reloexprt

Reloexprt

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately as we all have learned Ford doesn’t care. They are allowing the dealerships to do anything they want and it’s disappointing for sure. When I call they act like they are going to help but they can’t and won’t. Ford leadership doesn’t care either or else they would have stepped in a while ago. It is out of control. Do you all know how can reach out to someone in leadership directly? Like Mike Levine or Jim Farley?

Sponsored

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suggest asking for the terms of the no-resale agreement. Just like getting an up front agreement on price in writing, get the no-resale in writing too and do it now.

I've never seen the terms of one, but you should look for the time period the dealer has to respond/purchase and what they have to pay. Will they pay back the taxes you paid or is that just a sunk cost to you? Probably a sunk cost, but if you sell on the open market, you could recoup that and more, so they should at least make you whole for what you have in the SOB.

Just my $.02.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it is a hand raise raptor it isn’t the dealers allocation. I would tell them you are taking your raptor at msrp. If they have a problem get ford involved.

OP
OP
Reloexprt

Reloexprt

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
According to Ford the Bronco Raptor allocation remains with the dealership even if I elect to not take it. They have the power. So basically Ford says hey you got picked. Congratulations. Oh and now go negotiate with your dealership and they can charge you whatever they want if you want to buy it. Ford doesn’t care. I’ve talked to them. They really don’t care and it’s almost like their customer service reps have been trained to not care. Does anyone have a direct contact to Mike Levine or Jim Farley? Who gave Ford permission to 99 my order after pulling me. No one asked me.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, all the talk of "tell them ADM or No resale , you can't have both.... "

Dealership will be, "OK, pick one. ADM is now $25k or MSRP w/No Resale for 3 years." ...

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
According to Ford the Bronco Raptor allocation remains with the dealership even if I elect to not take it. They have the power. So basically Ford says hey you got picked. Congratulations. Oh and now go negotiate with your dealership and they can charge you whatever they want if you want to buy it. Ford doesn’t care. I’ve talked to them. They really don’t care and it’s almost like their customer service reps have been trained to not care. Does anyone have a direct contact to Mike Levine or Jim Farley? Who gave Ford permission to 99 my order after pulling me. None asked me.
Ford 99ed all GT winners. Imagine the excitement of getting selected and waiting to place an order for your Bronco, only for your original build to be picked and disqualifying you from the Raptor. I think in the GT email it said to contact your dealer if no longer interested.

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All those people complaining that select people are getting “screwed” may not realize this. Owning a dealership is a franchise in most cases. My dealership cost $12M to build. This does NOT include inventory cost. When you pony up your own money to build a dealership, you reserve the right to charge what you want for said inventory. Obviously, you take the risk of displeasing customers who might voice their experience on social media. Often, it’s not worth the negative publicity, but the dealership still reserves the right to choose. In the end, most would assume a positive experience will yield a LOT more business for the dealer. Sadly, there are still some slime ball dealers out there that simply don’t care.

I personally, have spend most of my automotive career trying to improve upon the stigma that surrounds our industry. Unfortunately, everyone just isn’t on the same page. It won’t change how I choose to conduct MY business though. I hope that whatever you choose to do, it all works out in your favor. Happy days ahead! 🍻😉

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you everyone for the advice. That would be great Puddle Jumper if you can confirm that.
I will send an email to him tomorrow when I get a chance and report back anything I hear. 🍻

OP
OP
Reloexprt

Reloexprt

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you.

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Personally if you have the means to get a 75-80k truck & want it, it would be worth it to have something in writing and piece of mind that hopefully they wont play games when it arrives. I love my FE I got at msrp, i paid 2k over for my 18 raptor. Figured was cost of business buying in CA. Being the delays and shortages 5k seems like nothing when my dealer was slapping 40-50k adm on FEs not picked up from orders

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Given the state of production, all the shortages, and inflation, I honestly don’t think a $5k markup on an upcoming order is unreasonable.

On an existing order, I think it’s unconscionable. But given the direction of things, and with no time spent waiting on your part, I think it’s fair enough to move forward if you want the truck.
Sponsored