Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Huge thanks to @atonge40, our man on the ground who attended the first 2021 Bronco ride along event in Holly, Michigan at the Holly Oaks RV Park!! With limited time, he was able to get us answers to the questions below and has also kindly offered to answer more questions in this thread and provide more details if he is able. The fantastic preview photos of the test vehicles he captured at the event are also below so check them out!

Ford also unveiled two Ford Bronco accessory concepts today -- Bronco Two-Door Badlands Trail Rig Concept and the Bronco Four-Door Outer Banks Fishing Guide Concept -- which are a preview of the hundreds of parts which will be available for the Bronco. The 2021 Bronco will have more than 200 total accessories available for purchase for the two- and four-door models. More than 100 accessories (between the Bronco and Bronco Sport) will be available when they hit dealer lots.

Q. In what order will the reservations be fulfilled?
A. They will be fulfilled as closely to order received as possible.

Q. When will we see the Broncos in real photos with all the available colors?
A. No guarantee. There will be Bronco events and pictures of Broncos before order, but there is no guarantee that there will be one in every trim/color/configuration.

Q. Will there be a white or silver grille/fender/hardtop options?
A. More to come closer to launch. Currently the grilles, fenders, and tops listed on the website are the only options. That may change.

Q. Will there be interior material and exterior paint samples at dealers before ordering in December?
A. “I don’t think so”

Q. What is the difference between the Sasquatch Suspension and the Badlands Suspension?
A. They are very similar set ups. The only difference is the Sasquatch has a limiter because of the larger tires. The Badlands has about 10 mm more of travel.

Q. Can you explain the difference between modular and non-modular hardtops.
A. The non-modular top is a four piece top with removable top panels. The modular top is a six piece top with removable top panels as well as removable rear windows.

Q. Will the Ford Bronco and Ford Bronco Sport be offered with AXZ plans?
A. Yes – Unsure about First Edition

Q. Will the 2-door have a removable rear seat?
A. It is not meant to be removed. It is possible to remove it but they are not meant to be quickly removed. Ford expects someone will come up with an aftermarket solution to have a flat load area with rear seats removed.

Q. What are the dimensions of the cargo area for the 2-door and 4-door?
A. 2 door: roughly 2 ft deep x 4 ft wide x 3 ft tall. 4 door: roughly 2 ½ ft deep x 4 ft wide x 3 ft tall. The slide out tray seems to be 3” – 4” tall

Q. Why is the manual transmission not available with the Sasquatch package?
A. The Sasquatch Package features 17 inch wheels, 35 inch tires, electronic locking axles, a 4.7:1 final drive, high clearance suspension, Blistein shocks, and Trail Control. Some of these features require the 10-speed automatic transmission.

Q. Can you confirm expected delivery of Job #1 to be Spring 2021?
A. June 2021 is the expected delivery date of the first 2 and 4 door Bronco units.

Q. Are the rear quarter windows and/or the rear window removable on all hard tops?
A. No. Need the modular top for that.

Q. Where are the locations going to be for the Off-Roadeos?
A. The first one is in Austin, TX. The others are TBA.

Q. Will the Velocity Blue be available for order with late delivery or a separate ordering scheme?
A. It will be available for order at launch. Delivery may be delayed.

Q. Can you clarify leg room between 2-door and 4-door Broncos? How do rear occupants enter/exit in 2-door models?
A. It appears to be the same. There will be more information before launch. You get in the back of the 2 door by sliding the front seat forward and reclining the seat forward. Similar to a Mustang. The mechanism seemed to be very similar, however these were preproduction units.

Q. What is the true difference between Sport and Baja mode?
A. The different GOAT modes are similar to the Terrain Management System on current Ford products. Baja mode programs the powertrain system to allow some slippage in sand. It is basically sand drift mode. Sport mode quickens the throttle and transmission like Sport mode in other Ford vehicles. It is more of an on-road mode.

Q. What is the actual difference in the "upgraded bash plates"?
A. It is a stronger bash plate and you also get rock rails.

Q. Will there be a LED fog option with the modular steel bumper?
A. The modular bumpers do not come with specific lights. However, the modular bumper is made for aftermarket support. Ford has a close relationship with Rigid and they may have a solution.

Q. Will the rear hinge mount for the spare tire be upgraded for the Sasquatch Package?
A. No. It is the same.

Q. Where is the B&O subwoofer located in the Bronco? Does it skew dimensions of cargo area?
A. In the rear cargo area wall. Did not seem to impact cargo capacity that much. If you don’t have the subwoofer, there is a notch in the cargo area with an inch or two more room.

Q. What is your time frame for getting accurate metrics on your preliminary specs sheet?
A. This will happen before ordering.

Q. Is the rear swing door removable?
A. No, it is not meant to be removed.

Q. Where are the speaker locations for all the speakers?
A. All preproduction units. Speakers were in the doors and the dashboard of the units I was in. Subwoofer in the rear cargo area.

Q. Are active grille shutters omitted on Badlands trim?
A. They are. Still working on a reason why and if the Sasquatch Package removes active grille shutters.

Q. With the 12-inch screen, will it have the capability to show multiple views of the vehicle at once on trails?
A. There is a spotter view that allows you to see down hills, etc on some models. More details will be available before launch.

Q. Will vinyl floors be swappable?
A. It is not be a simple swap. Vinyl floors have active and passive drains (i.e. two different stampings). More info will be released about this.

Q. When will tube doors be available?
A. Tube doors will be available at launch.

Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021 Ford Bronco Day Ride Along Event

Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-1
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-2
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-3
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-4
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-5
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-6
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-7

Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event Bronco_2-D_Trail Rig_03_tube_doors
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-8
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-9

More photos added. Pics thanks to MB Wilson

ssories-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-1r-jpg.jpg

essories-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-2-jpg.jpg

essories-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-3-jpg.jpg

essories-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-4-jpg.jpg

essories-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-5-jpg.jpg

essories-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-6-jpg.jpg

essories-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-7-jpg.jpg

ccessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-00-jpg.jpg

accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-0-jpg.jpg

o-accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-jpg.jpg

cessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-000-jpg.jpg

accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-1-jpg.jpg

accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-5-jpg.jpg

accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-3-jpg.jpg

accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-4-jpg.jpg

accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-6-jpg.jpg

VIDEOS

Last edited:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for doing this for the forum members!. Great insight on many questions and vague on others. All in all, it was helpful. The June 21st for first orders tells me it is going to be a long haul. At this point I would expect most of us will be getting 2022 Broncos.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the information.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! Thanks a lot.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesomely. Lots of good info to pick apart in there. Also a fewer concerning things as well though. Rear door isn't reinforced to support heavier wheels but is also not removable? ?
If it's designed to hold 35s it doesn't need reinforcement.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesomely. Lots of good info to pick apart in there. Also a fewer concerning things as well though. Rear door isn't reinforced to support heavier wheels but is also not removable? ?
Exact same situation with the Wrangler.

Either means the hinges are plenty strong from the factory (to support an OEM 35”), or you end yo doing what I did with my Jeep and swap them out for a sturdier aftermarket set.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either means the hinges are plenty strong from the factory (to support an OEM 35”), or you end yo doing what I did with my Jeep and swap them out for a sturdier aftermarket set.
Hinge gate reinforcement is a factory option on the wrangler. About $600.It's the exact opposite.

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you!

Q. Will the Velocity Blue be available for order with late delivery or a separate ordering scheme?
A. It will be available for order at launch. Delivery may be delayed.

This is huge. Not great news, but at least I know I can order it... Just hope I can get an idea of what delayed means...

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right, I take that to mean they are good-to-go. But then I don't plan to go above 35" anyway.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A. The non-modular top is a four piece top with removable top panels. The modular top is a six piece top with removable top panels as well as removable rear windows.

This is cool news! I didn't see a disclaimer for 4-door, so I'd expect the 2-door will have removable rear windows too. Very cool!

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is cool news! I didn't see a disclaimer for 4-door, so I'd expect the 2-door will have removable rear windows too. Very cool!
Check the video on YouTube, he shows how it works and removes one to show it off. Pretty neat.

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah, in the Youtube video just posted for the 4-door Outerbanks model they show the rear window being removed with just an easy push of a button. Pretty cool. You can see it here:

Sponsored