Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed a Kicker Key 200.4 amp in my BaseSquatch today and it made a HUGE difference. It was a straight forward install that took about an hour and a half. The install was made easy because of the harness from plugnplaykits.com. There was no need to cut, splice or drill anything. As you will see in the video below, it litterally was a plug and play operation.

The Kicker Key amp has a build-in automatic DSP that fixes Ford's terrible signal as well as adding 50 watts per channel. The combination is amazing. I have a nice 3 way component speaker set waiting to install in the front and now I'm not even sure I will bother. That is just how big of improvement this is.

I have suspected that Ford is intentionally degrading the sound quality of the base system in an effort to get customers to upgrade to the B&O. These amp and more importantly the smart DSP that is integrated in it really brings the entire stereo to life. Spend you money on this before you spend it on speakers. Good speakers can't fix low power and poor signal.

I put together a quick installation video but wasn't able to show the self tuning step because I needed my phone to play the kicker pink noise DSP turning track. If you want to see that step other installation videos show you how to do that.

Edit: the harness and amp are "Kit 11". Here is the direct link to the bronco kits.
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

Sponsored

Last edited:

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What specific harness did you get? Complete parts list. I assume amp and harness. Kit 11?

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like some good stuff on that website. I found Bronco after I searched, it’s not in the drop down menu. However, I have no idea what any of that stuff means. It looks like somewhat broken English. Someone would have to tell me if any of it is useful on a B&O system. Glad to see their harnesses work. Perhaps it’s the same as other Ford radios.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice - I was recently looking at their wiring setup for an AudioControl amp since I am a dealer and can get it at cost.

Great video @67BroncoG1 and thanks for sharing!

Sponsored
OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What specific harness did you get? Complete parts list. I assume amp and harness. Kit 11?
Correct, It was "Kit 11":
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

I really don't have a parts list. Kit 11 comes with the Kicker Key 200.4 amp and plug n play harness. The only other part I used was a scrap of HDPE plastic that I had laying around. That was what I screwed the amp to and then screwed the plastic to the dashboard support.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting, thanks for sharing. What is the biggest difference in sound with the kicker key installed? Is it more crisp/clear sounding compared to stock? What about at higher volumes?
In mine with base sound system I find the audio really craps out above 15 volume level

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting, thanks for sharing. What is the biggest difference in sound with the kicker key installed? Is it more crisp/clear sounding compared to stock? What about at higher volumes?
In mine with base sound system I find the audio really craps out above 15 volume level
It improved the sound in every single way. Much more base, vocals are clear, the imaging is one point and it sounds good at both lower volume and at high volume. It even seems to have fix the limited rear speaker issue. I suspect it is doing some channel summing to accomplish that last party trick. It is hard to overstate just how big a difference it is. This is the result those people are hoping for when they swap out speakers.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

does anyone know what install of the 200.4 would be like without the harness? Just splicing into a few speaker wires and running power to the battery? Trying to understand what the $100 harness provides. I’m struggling to understand their website

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

does anyone know what install of the 200.4 would be like without the harness? Just splicing into a few speaker wires and running power to the battery? Trying to understand what the $100 harness provides. I’m struggling to understand their website
Their website really is rough. Yes, it would be splicing very hard to reach wires and running power. Not the end of the world but I'll bet that is several hours work. Avoiding that headache is worth every penny. It is hard to describe just how tight of a space it is under the factory radio. You could pull everything out and that would make it easier to get to but...

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Way easier than what I did. This is a must purchase for everyone now. So easy for what you get.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Their website really is rough. Yes, it would be splicing very hard to reach wires and running power. Not the end of the world but I'll bet that is several hours work. Avoiding that headache is worth every penny. It is hard to describe just how tight of a space it is under the factory radio. You could pull everything out and that would make it easier to get to but...
Yes. Several hours minimum. Took me about 10 hours to install this and a sub. This is a no brainer.

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just ordered mine Kit 15 with the 17 foot amp cable for my powered sub. Hoping someone comes out with one that would fit where the factory amp/sub goes so I don’t have to take up trunk space.

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just ordered mine Kit 15 with the 17 foot amp cable for my powered sub. Hoping someone comes out with one that would fit where the factory amp/sub goes so I don’t have to take up trunk space.
you can order the factory sub and wire it to your own amp.
Sponsored