Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are there going to be more than two wheel options (Ford only lists the 16 in steelies and the 17in that come as part of the Sasquatch package) on the base model?
Base gets you steelies. Unless you get the squatch. There is a possibility that Ford Accessory/Performance wheels/tire packages could be available at some point. I'd look for something like the Ranger performance packages eventually.
Sponsored

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Additional video with some more views (y)
Anyone notice the ARB hydraulic jack on the roof rack. $800 jack. Whoof. (BTW its supposed to be carried standing up, not lying down). I have no idea why I posted this. I'm gonna go do something productive...

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Videos show the hose for the washer, and two wires going to the rear glass... so maybe one for the wiper and once for defroster?

(There's also some horizontal lines you can make out on the glass... not sure if they are a defroster or not.)

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 09.18.55.png
thanks!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going with snap height adjustment as a theory here. They get 20mm in extra height and reduce articulation 10mm?

Most likely just taller bump stops to limit upward travel.
Wish they were a little more forthcoming with details though as that is somewhat important for someone deciding between the two models.

Last edited:

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huge thanks to @atonge40, our man on the ground who attended the first 2021 Bronco ride along event in Holly, Michigan at the Holly Oaks RV Park!! With limited time, he was able to get us answers to the questions below and has also kindly offered to answer more questions in this thread and provide more details if he is able. The fantastic preview photos of the test vehicles he captured at the event are also below so check them out!

Ford also unveiled two Ford Bronco accessory concepts today -- Bronco Two-Door Badlands Trail Rig Concept and the Bronco Four-Door Outer Banks Fishing Guide Concept -- which are a preview of the hundreds of parts which will be available for the Bronco. The 2021 Bronco will have more than 200 total accessories available for purchase for the two- and four-door models. More than 100 accessories (between the Bronco and Bronco Sport) will be available when they hit dealer lots.

Q. In what order will the reservations be fulfilled?
A. They will be fulfilled as closely to order received as possible.

Q. When will we see the Broncos in real photos with all the available colors?
A. No guarantee. There will be Bronco events and pictures of Broncos before order, but there is no guarantee that there will be one in every trim/color/configuration.

Q. Will there be a white or silver grille/fender/hardtop options?
A. More to come closer to launch. Currently the grilles, fenders, and tops listed on the website are the only options. That may change.

Q. Will there be interior material and exterior paint samples at dealers before ordering in December?
A. “I don’t think so”

Q. What is the difference between the Sasquatch Suspension and the Badlands Suspension?
A. They are very similar set ups. The only difference is the Sasquatch has a limiter because of the larger tires. The Badlands has about 10 mm more of travel.

Q. Can you explain the difference between modular and non-modular hardtops.
A. The non-modular top is a four piece top with removable top panels. The modular top is a six piece top with removable top panels as well as removable rear windows.

Q. Will the Ford Bronco and Ford Bronco Sport be offered with AXZ plans?
A. Yes – Unsure about First Edition

Q. Will the 2-door have a removable rear seat?
A. It is not meant to be removed. It is possible to remove it but they are not meant to be quickly removed. Ford expects someone will come up with an aftermarket solution to have a flat load area with rear seats removed.

Q. What are the dimensions of the cargo area for the 2-door and 4-door?
A. 2 door: roughly 2 ft deep x 4 ft wide x 3 ft tall. 4 door: roughly 2 ½ ft deep x 4 ft wide x 3 ft tall. The slide out tray seems to be 3” – 4” tall

Q. Why is the manual transmission not available with the Sasquatch package?
A. The Sasquatch Package features 17 inch wheels, 35 inch tires, electronic locking axles, a 4.7:1 final drive, high clearance suspension, Blistein shocks, and Trail Control. Some of these features require the 10-speed automatic transmission.

Q. Can you confirm expected delivery of Job #1 to be Spring 2021?
A. June 2021 is the expected delivery date of the first 2 and 4 door Bronco units.

Q. Are the rear quarter windows and/or the rear window removable on all hard tops?
A. No. Need the modular top for that.

Q. Where are the locations going to be for the Off-Roadeos?
A. The first one is in Austin, TX. The others are TBA.

Q. Will the Velocity Blue be available for order with late delivery or a separate ordering scheme?
A. It will be available for order at launch. Delivery may be delayed.

Q. Can you clarify leg room between 2-door and 4-door Broncos? How do rear occupants enter/exit in 2-door models?
A. It appears to be the same. There will be more information before launch. You get in the back of the 2 door by sliding the front seat forward and reclining the seat forward. Similar to a Mustang. The mechanism seemed to be very similar, however these were preproduction units.

Q. What is the true difference between Sport and Baja mode?
A. The different GOAT modes are similar to the Terrain Management System on current Ford products. Baja mode programs the powertrain system to allow some slippage in sand. It is basically sand drift mode. Sport mode quickens the throttle and transmission like Sport mode in other Ford vehicles. It is more of an on-road mode.

Q. What is the actual difference in the "upgraded bash plates"?
A. It is a stronger bash plate and you also get rock rails.

Q. Will there be a LED fog option with the modular steel bumper?
A. The modular bumpers do not come with specific lights. However, the modular bumper is made for aftermarket support. Ford has a close relationship with Rigid and they may have a solution.

Q. Will the rear hinge mount for the spare tire be upgraded for the Sasquatch Package?
A. No. It is the same.

Q. Where is the B&O subwoofer located in the Bronco? Does it skew dimensions of cargo area?
A. In the rear cargo area wall. Did not seem to impact cargo capacity that much. If you don’t have the subwoofer, there is a notch in the cargo area with an inch or two more room.

Q. What is your time frame for getting accurate metrics on your preliminary specs sheet?
A. This will happen before ordering.

Q. Is the rear swing door removable?
A. No, it is not meant to be removed.

Q. Where are the speaker locations for all the speakers?
A. All preproduction units. Speakers were in the doors and the dashboard of the units I was in. Subwoofer in the rear cargo area.

Q. Are active grille shutters omitted on Badlands trim?
A. They are. Still working on a reason why and if the Sasquatch Package removes active grille shutters.

Q. With the 12-inch screen, will it have the capability to show multiple views of the vehicle at once on trails?
A. There is a spotter view that allows you to see down hills, etc on some models. More details will be available before launch.

Q. Will vinyl floors be swappable?
A. It is not be a simple swap. Vinyl floors have active and passive drains (i.e. two different stampings). More info will be released about this.

Q. When will tube doors be available?
A. Tube doors will be available at launch.

2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-1.jpg
2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-2.jpg
2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-3.jpg
2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-4.jpg
2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-5.jpg
2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-6.jpg
2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-7.jpg

Bronco_2-D_Trail Rig_03_tube_doors.jpg
2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-8.jpg
2021-Bronco-First-Ride-Along-Event-9.jpg
when is that austin event

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes and no? This seems like it's caught in the middle. A Shelby or Raptor is different as it's a separate brand almost.

This is almost like a Focus RS, but the RS came with significant upgrades to the ST. This FE is just a combination of other models.
The FE MACHE has the A/Z plan available, cant imagine The FE Bronco I would think would be the same.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Most likely just taller bump stops to limit upward travel.
Maybe both. What I am not clear on is if you go up 20 are you limiting across the suspension by half = 10 or would that double across?

If double, then yes, just a bump stop.

Either way Badlands + 7MT can put wheels with more backspace and 35’s on later and would just need wider “high clearance” flares or maybe aftermarket armored ones.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Q. What are the dimensions of the cargo area for the 2-door and 4-door?
A. 2 door: roughly 2 ft deep x 4 ft wide x 3 ft tall. 4 door: roughly 2 ½ ft deep x 4 ft wide x 3 ft tall. The slide out tray seems to be 3” – 4” tall
Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 1597325880170
Looking at this picture confirms what I saw when I measured it. There’s a lot more than 2 1/2’ of depth on the 4-door. It’s closer to 3 1/2’ deep.

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Q. Where are the speaker locations for all the speakers?
A. All preproduction units. Speakers were in the doors and the dashboard of the units I was in. Subwoofer in the rear cargo area.
I'm worried about this for when we take the doors off, a banging system is a must have. We'll just have to see. Thank you for asking this question.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

this is interesting as well, but if its legit, it would be aftermarket i'm sure

Ford Bronco Our Q&A (and Photos) From the First 2021 Bronco Ride Along Event 1597325880170
What’s the benefit to having no windows in the cargo area, just a safari look?