Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I did quality. But, when Ford changed the allocation formula that pushed me out to a possible '24 MY. So, screw Ford and their price protection.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@dingle87 @Slyder @etmccaus86 @Compta38 @Addict

Just clearing up info as I may have said things wrong and wording of it its a little muddy.

For reservation holders before 3/19

3/19 - "Reservation or Order" to qualify for price protection. ( "The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021 " )

10/1 - Whatever your order is before 10/1 is what your price protection amount will be based on. (At least this is what I am finally gathering)

Current 3/14 build weeks window stickers are showing the new MY22.5 pricing updates

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just clearing up info as I may have said things wrong and wording of it its a little muddy.

3/19 - "Reservation or Order" to qualify for price protection. (Now I thought we HAD to convert our reservation to an order to qualify. Maybe someone can verify this, but I still think the reservation needed to be converted)

10/1 - Whatever your order is before 10/1 is what your price protection amount will be based on. (At least this is what I am finally gathering)

Current 3/14 build weeks window stickers are showing the new MY22.5 pricing updates
Yeah, I think this accurate. But I'm not going to hold my breath. I think if I switch models from my current order I'll open myself up to new pricing. At least that's the assumption I'm going to work off of at the moment. Not that it really matters, since I'll be waiting until the end of time. LOL

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I think this accurate. But I'm not going to hold my breath. I think if I switch models from my current order I'll open myself up to new pricing. At least that's the assumption I'm going to work off of at the moment. Not that it really matters, since I'll be waiting until the end of time. LOL
I think anyone who has not received a window sticker is subject to new pricing since buildweek 3/14 window stickers are showing it. Just depends on if you converted a reservation before 3/19.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ahh, I remember now. 3/19 was the deadline for a chance to received a MY21. Found this line

"The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021 "

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ahh, I remember now. 3/19 was the deadline for a chance to received a MY21. Found this line

"The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021 "
Yep. There's moving parts and I'm sure there will be some technicality that will screw the majority of us when taking possession of the Bronco. I'm convinced the dealers won't be able to answer for sure 1 way or the other, then at delivery it'll bite us.

I'm pretty negative about dealers and Ford, but I don't trust the process that's being laid out. Too much time will pass and I have a feeling that will become a problem.

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
The way I interpret it, any change that "qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change" from today (3/9/2022) forward will cause you to lose any price protection you currently possess.

So you said "switch models" and it's any change on this list that loses price protection from here on out:
  1. series,
  2. equipment package,
  3. number of doors, or
  4. 4x4 system change
Ford wants to know what they need to build to get out of this mess, on the one hand, and they want to limit losses from offering price protection too.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. There's moving parts and I'm sure there will be some technicality that will screw the majority of us when taking possession of the Bronco. I'm convinced the dealers won't be able to answer for sure 1 way or the other, then at delivery it'll bite us.

I'm pretty negative about dealers and Ford, but I don't trust the process that's being laid out. Too much time will pass and I have a feeling that will become a problem.
Same, it makes me wonder what will happen. I chatted with my dealer and he is aware of the certificates. However I don't believe the dealers will have any control over how much given even if Ford screws it up.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The way I interpret it, any change that "qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change" from today (3/9/2022) forward will cause you to lose any price protection you currently possess.

So you said "switch models" and it's any change on this list that loses price protection from here on out:
  1. series,
  2. equipment package,
  3. number of doors, or
  4. 4x4 system change
Ford wants to know what they need to build to get out of this mess, on the one hand, and they want to limit losses from offering price protection too.
This section says otherwise. The certificate will still be based on your original order before 10/1. Any window sticker that gets made now is reflecting MY22.5 pricing regardless of reservation or orders.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?
For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Bronccoli

Big Bend
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer Is saying I would fall under the bucket of price protection. Though I placed my order on 1/3/22 it seems that I would not because its after the 3/19/21 cutoff. He is saying the price we signed on then is the price I will pay and the difference will be a coupon to them. Not sure how I can get this confirmed or if I should get that in writing from him lol. My main concern is affording a vehicle as I prefer to finance as little as I can.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer Is saying I would fall under the bucket of price protection. Though I placed my order on 1/3/22 it seems that I would not because its after the 3/19/21 cutoff. He is saying the price we signed on then is the price I will pay and the difference will be a coupon to them. Not sure how I can get this confirmed or if I should get that in writing from him lol. My main concern is affording a vehicle as I prefer to finance as little as I can.
Did you ever make a reservation before 3/19?

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do not think you would qualify for the full price protection based on the Ford FAQ. I would get with your dealer to confirm it. Show them this link.

Ford Bronco FAQ

You'll have a little protection if you do not change your order.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. series,
  2. equipment package,
  3. number of doors, or
  4. 4x4 system change
Yes. If I change from my 2.7L Black Diamond Mid to BaseSas Standard... I'm screwed. In my opinion, I don't get price protected on the BaseSas build, which by the time mine gets built could be similarly priced as the price protected Black Diamond Mid. Sasquatch Pkg appears not to impact this pricing, so I might as well add Sas to my BD price protected build and potentially change to the 2.3L to save some coin. I'll get more bang for my buck, even though it's more than I wanted to spend. First world problems and who knows... inflation might just kill my dream in the next 1-2 years.

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3/19 - "Reservation or Order" to qualify for price protection. ( "The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021 " )

I placed this order locally without a reservation because of the whole allocation cluster-bleep with my initial dealer choice.

It's on the assembly line this afternoon; I'll double check but window sticker doesn't seem to have the increases, which aligned with your original post...
Sponsored