Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With the latest photos and in-person info (from the Bronco6G Q&A), I think we can get a clearer idea of the 2DR's rear cargo area.

@atonge40 said in the ride event Q&A:
2 door: roughly 2 ft deep x 4 ft wide x 3 ft tall.
Later on he stated that it could be on the smaller side of that on depth, but it's something to work with.

Next up. Ford provided this photo:
Ford Bronco Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Size / Volume Analysis (Dimensions - Length, Width, Height) cargo

Nice photo, but the biggest thing they did was put something in it we can measure.

Ford Bronco Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Size / Volume Analysis (Dimensions - Length, Width, Height) 1597349454945
Ford Bronco Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Size / Volume Analysis (Dimensions - Length, Width, Height) 1597349475531

According to Amazon:
32oz of oil (left) is 8.9 x 5.1 x 3 inches
5qt of oil (right) is 8.6 x 11.6 x 4.6 inches

Doing the math, that 5qt jug is ~12in long. So, from the picture, it look like you could possibly fit another jug beside it. If that's true, then we have 24in from the base of the seat to the back door. Or at least close to that. This brings us back to @atonge40 's post about ~24in. It could very well be the case.

Updated my math thanks to @Mustard

Visualization:

2-door-cargo-area-trunk-size-volume-dimensions-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's more space that I was expecting. Works for me!
That would be slightly more than my Isuzu (22in at floor), which I already use at Home Depot for mulch and flowers. As long as I can still do that with kids, I'm good.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's more space that I was expecting. Works for me!
Agreed, just this past weekend I went and sat in a 2 door Wrangler. Checked out backseat space and trunk space. I'm good with the additional. Am pleasantly surprised with these additional dimensions.

Sponsored

Walrus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 2020 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the latest photos and in-person info, I think we can get a clearer idea of the 2DR's rear cargo area.

@atonge40 said:

Later on he stated that it could be on the smaller side of that on depth, but it's something to work with.

Ford Bronco Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Size / Volume Analysis (Dimensions - Length, Width, Height) 2-door-cargo-area-trunk-size-volume-dimensions-

Nice photo, but the biggest thing they did was put something in it we can measure.

Ford Bronco Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Size / Volume Analysis (Dimensions - Length, Width, Height) 2-door-cargo-area-trunk-size-volume-dimensions-

According to Amazon:
5qt of oil (right) is 14 x 13 x 9 inches

Doing the math, that 5qt jug is 13in long. So, from the picture, it look like you could possibly fit another jug beside it. If that's true, then we have 26in from the base of the seat to the back door. Or at least close to that. This brings us back to @atonge40 's post about ~24in. It could very well be the case.

That bag that spans the entire depth of the cargo is this kit: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m1820fporrhd

I wonder if we can figure out the dimensions of it online somewhere....

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if that solid cargo surface is just the standard one we've seen reversed or an option, or if the carpeted trunk liner we've seen is just pre production

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the latest photos and in-person info, I think we can get a clearer idea of the 2DR's rear cargo area.

@atonge40 said:

According to Amazon:
5qt of oil (right) is 14 x 13 x 9 inches

Doing the math, that 5qt jug is 13in long. So, from the picture, it look like you could possibly fit another jug beside it. If that's true, then we have 26in from the base of the seat to the back door. Or at least close to that. This brings us back to @atonge40 's post about ~24in. It could very well be the case.
Y'all are nerds. But here is some more metrics: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Quart-...dy-Organizer-Jeep-Buggy-Offroad-/114153008668

This caddy is 15.25x8.25

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why all the fancy math?

I thought we already determined this is probably either an ARB 37 or 50qt fridge, which have the same footprint...

27.75" x 14.96"

(note the seats recline towards the top, so the narrowest point is there)

Ford Bronco Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Size / Volume Analysis (Dimensions - Length, Width, Height) 4d964d71-4648-4661-9421-a18df3294590-

Last edited:

Sponsored

Walrus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 2020 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why all the fancy math?

I thought we already determined this is either an ARB 37 or 50qt fridge, which have the same footprint...

27.75" x 14.96"

(note the seats recline towards the top, so the narrowest point is there)

Ford Bronco Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Size / Volume Analysis (Dimensions - Length, Width, Height) 4d964d71-4648-4661-9421-a18df3294590-
thats 27.75" long my friend, not deep. more like 16" deep.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why all the fancy math?

Who doesn't like fancy math? :LOL:

So, using your measurement, we probably have ~16in at the top of the seat. That's slightly less than my Isuzu (18in), but these seats are much taller. So, it could match or beat my setup at the same height.