Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone confirmed with their dealer that adding sport mode won‘t void warranties?
Why is this question still being asked?
Some people are SO damn worried it's just ridiculous.

Like ive said before,I've told my dealer, both the salesman and tech...they were excited to find out the extra modes were possible and will even use forscan on their own bronco!

This question is like if you think the hardtop will void your warranty because your softtop version didn't come with that option...see how silly that sounds?

Warranty folks can't and wont use a ford-designed-program as a reason to fight a warranty claim. Then thell be fighting ford ,not the customer. This will NEVER happen folks, RELAX and enjoy your steed!

Additionally, no way ford is going to send the warranty attys your way either. Ford does not want to draw attention to this loophole.

Some folks using forscan are actually helpful for ford...its like free work for them, for example right now spicer is having ford reprogram the ECUs to allow lower gears like 5.38 ring and pinion, before they can release them to the public... Forscan can also do this also.

Last edited:

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As expected the issue was with some revisions but not an actual lock out. Glad to see the momentum once again continue with forscan and our Broncos.

I unfortunately have not had success with adding lane centering. There’s some small issues getting the centering portion to work however stop and go was functioning great in my testing. Lots of error codes though. Long way to go on this one lol.
Good to hear you're still working on it.
Keep fighting the good fight.

Sponsored

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for sharing. I can confirm that with my 2022 Outer Banks, I was able to add Baja and Rock Crawl following the FORScan sheet on the forums. All I did was install the new FORScan beta over my original application install. No error codes at all once I hit write.

50595004-202A-4EC5-A5FD-3F6793265277.JPG

E0FB6AD0-3FFB-4AD1-981F-523AE5B935AE.JPG

F8F172C2-D857-4822-8523-2462EB4020AB.JPG
I am wanting to install this as well. did you try out the Rock crawl? i have an OBX

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

50Mustang

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ok, last nervous question.....what does that do to our warranty?
Ruin it! Honestly depends what you were doing with the vehicle. Used Rock Crawl on an Outer Banks and all of a sudden engine stalls going uphill and doesn't start back up? Can blame it on the FORScan change.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ruin it! Honestly depends what you were doing with the vehicle. Used Rock Crawl on an Outer Banks and all of a sudden engine stalls going uphill and doesn't start back up? Can blame it on the FORScan change.
What? How is this related to forscan or what mode your in? What happened next please explain?

Sponsored

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
looks like no updates or support from forscan for a while, cant even get a extended license because of sanctions ..

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to add Sport Mode today. I have the OBD connection, the Forscan software. I added D to ABS 760-04-03 module. Everything seemed to be working correctly. Then I get the below message...
Read Block #1
Read Block #2
Read Block #3
Read Block #4
Service procedure has been interrupted
It stopped doing anything at that point. I cycled the rig on and off and tried again. Same result.
What am I doing wrong?
Same thing here on a 2022 BD, had none on the 2021. Wouldn’t be surprised if they changed something since the 2022 doesn’t even have the temperature on the gauge anymore

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the BMW world, BMW has slowly closed and locked down the ecu to tuning and related performance mods. Especially since 2021 models. Older ones are easier to modify. Using BimmerCode, one can still turn off certain warning messages, make mirrors fold in upon locking car, turn off fake engine/exhaust sound piped into cabin, and many more. BimmerLink goes a step further, allowing one to reset codes, register a new barttery, and more. If the operating system is updated during service, all your mods are gone.

I suspect Ford, just as BMW did, will slowly close the loopholes allowing Forescan access to performance features (eg, goat modes, sport mode) that weren’t included on a vehicle as originally built. Whether through over the air update or during routine service, time will tell.

It’s still an open question of how BMW and Ford will treat warranty claims related to these types of mods. I don’t like risk and that drives what I’ll do and not do.

Personally, I marvel at how inventive, creative and technically adept car enthusiasts are. And always find these threads interesting.

Take care. Contented
Sponsored