Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a beauty brother. Tell ya what, since it sits a lot I'll give 17K cash money for right now. Yeah, I know, I'm just that kind of guy. I'll help a brother out any time I can. :)
It's a beauty brother. Tell ya what, since it sits a lot I'll give 17K cash money for right now. Yeah, I know, I'm just that kind of guy. I'll help a brother out any time I can. :)
Wow I just looked at the price. They did go up. You're definitely in the ballpark for suređź‘Ť
Ford Bronco Practicality of a Bronco Screenshot_20220310-191514_Chrome
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We got rid of an F-350 6.2L V8 in getting a Bronco. So, it's sometimes hard to remember we no longer have a truck bed or V8 in the family.

Having said that, Bronco === Love At First Sight, and driving it is the most fun I've had driving a car since I was 17.

Just awesomeness.
Totally with you. I gave up my Frontier, which I loved, but don’t miss it because my Bronco makes me smile every time I look at it.

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless you're a farmer, tradesperson, or regularly haul things Brocno is about as practical as vehicles come.

2 adults, a child seat, 120lb dog and gear. Hauls it all fine.

Used it to move a friend 2 weeks ago, hauled probably 400+lbs of boxes totally fine.

Is it as practical as a pickup? No.

But a Bronco is more practical than anything but a truck. And I'm convinced 1/10 people who own a truck actually need one (Alberta).
3,500 pound towing capacity alone puts it in the same category as a motorcycle for me when it comes to trying to move my boat on flat ground. Forget about trying to pull it out at low tide. Bronco is a super cool street legal side by side for me. Do I need it? No! Do I love it? Yes?

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what you want to carry, but it seems to be the 4-door bronco is pretty practical from a cargo perspective. roomy seating area for passengers. Nice square compartment for cargo. The two door I want is probably not as practical, but I think the 4 door would work well.

Broncobama

Base
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Spark
Your Bronco Model
Base
Find one and drive it, you won’t look back.

It’s all about perspective. My bronco will be replacing a 1.2L Chevy Spark that I’ve driven for 10 years, so even the 2.3L bronco felt like a monster truck. I’ve hauled substantial amounts of lumber, furniture, and groceries in it, no problem. Since you are coming from an F150 you will likely feel different.

As others have said you can rent a truck or trailer for pennies if you just need one occasionally. I had a little truck a long time ago and the minimal amount of stuff I actually needed it for was greatly outweighed by the constant burden of other people wanting help moving stuff.

Good luck deciding

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Practical? Depends on your lifestyle.

I can say this with absolute confidence. “Do not sell your current truck based on when your Bronco may arrive”. Wait until that unicorn lands. I sold my built Tacoma last spring and I miss it every single eff’n day.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had trucks for a decade+. Went to a 4Runner and then went to Bronco. I bought a hitch cargo carrier, but honestly, I go to the airport and burn a free day at National do a truck thing. I could do the same thing at Home Depot for $50

Gwhisler

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I moved from a Yukon Denali to '22 Badlands SAS with 7-spd. Yes, totally different vehicles but I don't have an ounce of regret. Yes, the 7 passenger space in the Denali was nice - but it was nice 2x a year. The cargo area space was nice but Bronco space is enough.

The Denali was a BIG vehicle and drove as such. The Bronco - although tall and imposing - drives much "smaller" and is far more nimble. Pared with the 7-spd and it's an absolute blast to drive. Drop the top and it doesn't get any better.

Do it!
The 7spd in sports mode is even more fun, add the top down on 80 deg day is bliss.

petengineer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a bare bones Maverick hybrid (arrived in Jan) which I love, to put commute miles on and serve as pickup duty. I’ll be trading in my 2014 F150 raptor when/if my Bronco ever gets built. I think it will be a great combo.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
Do what I did... give the F-150 to the wife :)

Sponsored

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco seems more practical than my previous car (Jetta) as it has more storage space. The 2010 Jetta did have a surprisingly good amount though when I’d put the back seats down. And if I ever actually need to tow anything or use a truck bed, I can borrow my FiL’s Dodge Ram.

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I found the solution that best fits my needs. I kept my 2019 F150 and bought the wife a Wildtrak. Got the best of both worlds. If I had to choose, while the Bronco is a TON of fun to drive, the f150 has triple the room of a Bronco. I have kids and road trips and luggage/gear to haul. We are taking a trip to Florida in July and wouldn't even think about taking the Bronco. No where near enough room to haul all the crap I have to take, but rhe F150 has more than enough room and bed space.

xpathf1nderx

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
I couldnt/wouldnt trade my F150 for a bronco...goto a dealer and drive one around. The bronco is awesome, but the F150 is "awesomer" for everything except what the bronco excels at.... offroad ability, and novelty.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kept my 2012 Sierra, got rid of the crappy cross over...

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're just moving mulch and not frequently and have a garage or a yard or something I would definitely just suggest a utility trailer. Just like having a bed but you don't always have to bring it with you everywhere.

Also I don't know if you haven't been able to test drive because of just being busy at work or time or something but if that's not the issue and your dealer just isn't offering test drives I'd ask around. I was able to get a test drive.

I was shocked they just tossed me the keys to a badlands and said come back whenever. At first I thought are they kidding they just let a crazy kid like me behind the wheel of a $50,000 vehicle... And then I remembered I'm a grown up man who's graying and has good credit and I only felt like a kid because I was about to drive a bronco
Sponsored