First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the BMW world, BMW has slowly closed and locked down the ecu to tuning and related performance mods. Especially since 2021 models. Older ones are easier to modify. Using BimmerCode, one can still turn off certain warning messages, make mirrors fold in upon locking car, turn off fake engine/exhaust sound piped into cabin, and many more. BimmerLink goes a step further, allowing one to reset codes, register a new barttery, and more. If the operating system is updated during service, all your mods are gone.

I suspect Ford, just as BMW did, will slowly close the loopholes allowing Forescan access to performance features (eg, goat modes, sport mode) that weren’t included on a vehicle as originally built. Whether through over the air update or during routine service, time will tell.

It’s still an open question of how BMW and Ford will treat warranty claims related to these types of mods. I don’t like risk and that drives what I’ll do and not do.

Personally, I marvel at how inventive, creative and technically adept car enthusiasts are. And always find these threads interesting.

Take care. Contented
Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

Now that this is functioning again, and the people that are in the know about forscan …. well they know. The moderators should think about burying this thread down in forscan somewhere. If it keeps headlining like this. You guys will be the last ones to add goat modes. It’s a big part of Fords marketing strategy!

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I correct that forscan registration is no longer available? Tried this morning and there is no link

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s on the site
The war has it shut down
Ok then. Well if someone is in Tampa area that can help me I’d be much obliged.

Sponsored

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So. I more Forscan? My bronco should be here within the week and I was looking forward to figuring out Forscan. If truly down and done, hopefully I can find someon the Portland, OR area that can help.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In the BMW world, BMW has slowly closed and locked down the ecu to tuning and related performance mods. Especially since 2021 models. Older ones are easier to modify. Using BimmerCode, one can still turn off certain warning messages, make mirrors fold in upon locking car, turn off fake engine/exhaust sound piped into cabin, and many more. BimmerLink goes a step further, allowing one to reset codes, register a new barttery, and more. If the operating system is updated during service, all your mods are gone.

I suspect Ford, just as BMW did, will slowly close the loopholes allowing Forescan access to performance features (eg, goat modes, sport mode) that weren’t included on a vehicle as originally built. Whether through over the air update or during routine service, time will tell.

It’s still an open question of how BMW and Ford will treat warranty claims related to these types of mods. I don’t like risk and that drives what I’ll do and not do.

Personally, I marvel at how inventive, creative and technically adept car enthusiasts are. And always find these threads interesting.

Take care. Contented
Naw I disagree totally !

European strategy is different than Fords...and hate it when yet another person starts singing the blues about the damn possible warrantee issue...why worry about this?
OCD??? Paranoia? Too broke to fix your own steed? Did we see you driving alone with your mask on?

Some of us enjoy risk and live life without a worry. You can try your hardest to live ultra carefully, follow all the rules, live risk-free and over-insured ...karma will get you anyways when you least expect it from something you though you had prepared for, mabey thats exactly what your afraid of?

Some of us that do these mods and other don't care about the stupid warrantee.

There should be a notice at the tread topic ”warrantee worry warts please don't post your fear here”

I did not buy my Bronco with the warrantee in mind and its never on my mind except when I read bullshit fear posts.

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So. I more Forscan? My bronco should be here within the week and I was looking forward to figuring out Forscan. If truly down and done, hopefully I can find someon the Portland, OR area that can help.
Salem

Reactions: fv9

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Naw I disagree totally !

European strategy is different than Fords...and hate it when yet another person starts singing the blues about the damn possible warrantee issue...why worry about this?
OCD??? Paranoia? Too broke to fix your own steed? Did we see you driving alone with your mask on?

Some of us enjoy risk and live life without a worry. You can try your hardest to live ultra carefully, follow all the rules, live risk-free and over-insured ...karma will get you anyways when you least expect it from something you though you had prepared for, mabey thats exactly what your afraid of?

Some of us that do these mods and other don't care about the stupid warrantee.

There should be a notice at the tread topic ”warrantee worry warts please don't post your fear here”

I did not buy my Bronco with the warrantee in mind and its never on my mind except when I read bullshit fear posts.
BigMeats, I smiled as I read your post, then went back and reread mine, twice, to make certain I didn't write something that was misleading or confusing. My whole point of the post was simply to articulate another point of view to the discussion. It isn't more right or wrong than anyone else's opinion. We're allowed to disagree. I owned a 2017 Mini Cooper S and did a number of suspension and tuning mods. In EVERY single case there was a positive and negative. EG, coilovers and fat rear sway bar made it handle like a go kart. Made it ride rough as hell, not to mention instant CV joint vibration. Tuning box brought a smile to my face every single time I went down the road, but would occasionally throw a code and put it into limp mode, requiring a tow to the dealer. After trading that car in, I decided its stock for me. And I'm allowed to have that point a view.

But what I didn't understand was why you thought questioning my personality was in any way relevant to the discussion. But since you brought it up - am I OCD? Perhaps a bit. I worked in a field that required precision and attention to the smallest details. Also built furniture for a hobby. If I wasn't very careful, it showed. Paranoid? Not in the slightest. Can't afford to fix my own steed? There are two late model high performance BMW's sitting in my garage. One is an M car. That speaks for itself. Did you see me driving with my mask on ? Not hardly.

Now that I've answered those important (to you) questions, I hope we can just agree to have different views on this issue w/o the addition of irrelevant discussion.

Best wishes and take care. Contented

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

BigMeats, I smiled as I read your post, then went back and reread mine, twice, to make certain I didn't write something that was misleading or confusing. My whole point of the post was simply to articulate another point of view to the discussion. It isn't more right or wrong than anyone else's opinion. We're allowed to disagree. I owned a 2017 Mini Cooper S and did a number of suspension and tuning mods. In EVERY single case there was a positive and negative. EG, coilovers and fat rear sway bar made it handle like a go kart. Made it ride rough as hell, not to mention instant CV joint vibration. Tuning box brought a smile to my face every single time I went down the road, but would occasionally throw a code and put it into limp mode, requiring a tow to the dealer. After trading that car in, I decided its stock for me. And I'm allowed to have that point a view.

But what I didn't understand was why you thought questioning my personality was in any way relevant to the discussion. But since you brought it up - am I OCD? Perhaps a bit. I worked in a field that required precision and attention to the smallest details. Also built furniture for a hobby. If I wasn't very careful, it showed. Paranoid? Not in the slightest. Can't afford to fix my own steed? There are two late model high performance BMW's sitting in my garage. One is an M car. That speaks for itself. Did you see me driving with my mask on ? Not hardly.

Now that I've answered those important (to you) questions, I hope we can just agree to have different views on this issue w/o the addition of irrelevant discussion.

Best wishes and take care. Contented
This thread is about goat modes and forscan...NOT your favorite BMW or my Porsche. Again, my issue is with people who post on this thread about warrantee worrys.

This thread is to help people hack into their trucks computer, not to get them worried about some hypothetical possible warrantee issue!

If your not PRO forscan, why post your negatively here? It is just confusing for people and feeds into fearmongering.

PLEASE make your own thread about your wonderful BMWs and your favorite warrantee.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One can still obtain the temporary 'demo' extended licenses (2 months) from Forscan despite this.

Ask me how I know. ;)

All is not lost...
Sponsored