First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has one motor and two batteries. The photo shows one of the batteries in the normal engine compartment. I discovered the other battery where the gas tank normally is. In fact, it looked exactly like one of the aftermarket gas tanks that people have been installing in EB’s for 50 years.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand how projects like this get green lit. Looks like a 7-year old kid's plastic EV from Toys-R-Us was upsized. I definitely appreciate the effort and attention to detail but I can think of at least 2-3 other ways to spend $500k building a custom vehicle...

OP
OP
Bituman

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This was sort of a combo project between two separate companies, Gateway Broncos and Legacy EV. Legacy’s business model seems to be they take a Tesla motor and battery and adapt it to a project car such as a body off frame resto. They had a Mustang frame with the motor and battery mounted as an example. So doing this on a Gateway Bronco was a good fit since Gateway is basically creating an EB from scratch. By the way, the vehicle in the photo was built for someone, not just for demo. I agree with you, this is way, way over the top. But you see a lot of that kind of stuff at Barrett Jackson.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I honestly don’t understand Gateway Broncos business plan. Do they actually sell these or are they all just made for those Facebook giveaways that phish people’s internet passwords?

I’ve never seen nor heard of anyone owning a Gateway Bronco.

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and am I alone in thinking that you strip the heart out of these classic vehicles when they go with these exotic EV motors. I don't get it. I would want an early Bronco to be a fire-breathing monster...not buzz around silently - and sound like a Segway - while looking like a monster truck.

Very disjointed IMO...

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the Plug in electric idea is incredibly stupid. It’s toxic, it relies on some very rare earth elements that are usually mined via slave labor. They have zero recycling locations in the US when the battery quits, and most states will not Accept them for salvage (the battery portion)

The USA is on a downward slope in electrical generation ..closing coal plants, increase in natural gas plants but super expensive to make new natural gas plants and bring in pipelines. We have lost half of our nuke plants since it’s high point in the 1980’s, and commercial production solar and wind are pretty much not reliable and just don’t work everywhere. Matter of fact seen a newspaper article from the Corpus Christi area back in Jan when I was down there that at any one time 20-30% of the windmills are in some state of repair For their local power. Can you imagine a coal plant or gas plant being down 20% of the time and your power gets shut off or browned?

Not really a reason for plug in electric ..it’s not clean because most of the USA uses fossil fuels to create electric, China nearly uses 80% coal powered for its billion plus people. And they build multiple new coal plants per year...if people are worried about carbon, well it’s a global environment..so your silly-not-clean-plug-in vehicle is just hype plus a pain in the butt to deal with. Just wait till your home utility bills skyrocket if plug in electric reaches 10% of the vehicles in The USA.

offroad vehicles just suck so much electric off-roading that it’s not feasible, same with towing.

I am all for solar powered homes..for the most part in a nice portion of the United States they will work well Most of the year.

if you want clean energy..the future is hydrogen...Japan is going 100% hydrogen for everything from vehicles to power plants. Right now there is mainly blue hydrogen ..the byproduct of natural gas, but it only takes a small amount of solar to power a hydrogen plant ..which is green hydrogen..and then there is naturally occurring hydrogen that is extracted similar to natural gas.

chevron and Toyota have a partnership to put in hydrogen stations beginning in 2023.

With the advent of new patents for solid state hydrogen ..no more compressed gas or liquid with crazy temperature requirements ..you might get a future Offroad vehicle that doesn’t rely on a plug somewhere. There is already a company creating a kit for classic cars to run their V8 internal combustion engines on hydrogen. And it’s not too much different than ethanol flex fuel set ups except the plugs run super cold because there is no carbon to build up and obviously no carburetor ..all will be fuel injected but with hydrogen.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
the Plug in electric idea is incredibly stupid. It’s toxic, it relies on some very rare earth elements that are usually mined via slave labor. They have zero recycling locations in the US when the battery quits, and most states will not Accept them for salvage (the battery portion)

The USA is on a downward slope in electrical generation ..closing coal plants, increase in natural gas plants but super expensive to make new natural gas plants and bring in pipelines. We have lost half of our nuke plants since it’s high point in the 1980’s, and commercial production solar and wind are pretty much not reliable and just don’t work everywhere. Matter of fact seen a newspaper article from the Corpus Christi area back in Jan when I was down there that at any one time 20-30% of the windmills are in some state of repair For their local power. Can you imagine a coal plant or gas plant being down 20% of the time and your power gets shut off or browned?

Not really a reason for plug in electric ..it’s not clean because most of the USA uses fossil fuels to create electric, China nearly uses 80% coal powered for its billion plus people. And they build multiple new coal plants per year...if people are worried about carbon, well it’s a global environment..so your silly-not-clean-plug-in vehicle is just hype plus a pain in the butt to deal with. Just wait till your home utility bills skyrocket if plug in electric reaches 10% of the vehicles in The USA.

offroad vehicles just suck so much electric off-roading that it’s not feasible, same with towing.

I am all for solar powered homes..for the most part in a nice portion of the United States they will work well Most of the year.

if you want clean energy..the future is hydrogen...Japan is going 100% hydrogen for everything from vehicles to power plants. Right now there is mainly blue hydrogen ..the byproduct of natural gas, but it only takes a small amount of solar to power a hydrogen plant ..which is green hydrogen..and then there is naturally occurring hydrogen that is extracted similar to natural gas.

chevron and Toyota have a partnership to put in hydrogen stations beginning in 2023.

With the advent of new patents for solid state hydrogen ..no more compressed gas or liquid with crazy temperature requirements ..you might get a future Offroad vehicle that doesn’t rely on a plug somewhere. There is already a company creating a kit for classic cars to run their V8 internal combustion engines on hydrogen. And it’s not too much different than ethanol flex fuel set ups except the plugs run super cold because there is no carbon to build up and obviously no carburetor ..all will be fuel injected but with hydrogen.
This has to be the funniest rant combined with lies that I've ever seen posted on a forum and this is the internet, where people survive off hate and lies!

I don't know if someone with a Tesla stole this person's loving husband but at least that would give us some information on the lies!

Some of the lies are so obvious and require such minimal research to prove wrong...
"We have lost half of our nuke plants since it’s high point in the 1980’s..." LOL

Ford Bronco Seen at Barrett Jackson Auction 1646162523152

Ford Bronco Seen at Barrett Jackson Auction 1646162775228

and have a xanax or 20... breathe and understand that the rest of the world doesn't believe a lie because you just said it, we have the ability to research and obtain facts.

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Grandaughter has one and absolutely loves it! $120.00 at Walmart. Range sucks though and it takes a long time to charge it.

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

"We have lost half of our nuke plants since it’s high point in the 1980’s..." LOL

1646162523152-png.png
Do you have a chart showing the number of plants?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have a chart showing the number of plants?
" Electricity generation from commercial nuclear power plants in the United States began in 1958. At the end of December 2020, the United States had 94 operating commercial nuclear reactors at 56 nuclear power plants in 28 states. "
Source: https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained...at is the status of,power plants in 28 states.

I think the comment in question was half-assed from this graph which just explains when the plants were built...
Ford Bronco Seen at Barrett Jackson Auction 1646167387212

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’d wish they’d just bring us a diesel option instead of force feeding us this EV nonsense

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They have zero recycling locations in the US when the battery quits, and most states will not Accept them for salvage (the battery portion)

Redwood Materials

As far as EVs go, I'll just say this...not everyone who buys an EV does so bc of what they think about the environment. Some people just like all things in the auto world...gas and/or electric;)

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Redwood Materials

As far as EVs go, I'll just say this...not everyone who buys an EV does so bc of what they think about the environment. Some people just like all things in the auto world...gas and/or electric;)
Agreed, my Lightning should be very fast.
Sponsored