First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that some of you have removed those panels quite a few times, do you have any advice on removing them and minimizing breaking the clips?
I found using a long flathead screwdriver works best. I start at the front top by the passenger door. Start peeling the panel back and when you see your white clips work the screwdriver in there and separate the clip where it connects by prying one of the three prongs out a little bit. The clip should separate after that. Works slowly holding the panel back a bit working to the rear of the bronco. Hope that helps lol.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks to all the previous posts on the thread, I installed a Kicker Key 500.1 and dual voice 4-ohm sub. I ran the sub in parallel so I have a 2-ohm sub. I mounted the amp right next to the sub so all concealed now. I used double-sided foam tape and screwed the amp to the chassis. Sounds great now. I actually have bass using a separate volume control knob. All the speakers were upgraded using
Hertz DCX 100.3 and
Hertz DCX 170.3

Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 20220311_172637

Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 20220311_172623

20220311_114050.jpg

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks to all the previous posts on the thread, I installed a Kicker Key 500.1 and dual voice 4-ohm sub. I ran the sub in parallel so I have a 2-ohm sub. I mounted the amp right next to the sub so all concealed now. I used double-sided foam tape and screwed the amp to the chassis. Sounds great now. I actually have bass using a separate volume control knob. All the speakers were upgraded using
Hertz DCX 100.3 and
Hertz DCX 170.3

Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. 20220311_114050

Bravo! Great job. I actually ordered same kicker amp waiting for it to come in. I assume you wired the factory sub wires into the amp as high level inputs? That was my plan, to try and see if that works, before buying a LOC that can handle the amped signal. I can’t imagine the factory amp is putting out much power.

Sponsored

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bravo! Great job. I actually ordered same kicker amp waiting for it to come in. I assume you wired the factory sub wires into the amp as high level inputs? That was my plan, to try and see if that works, before buying a LOC that can handle the amped signal. I can’t imagine the factory amp is putting out much power.
Thank you. Yes. High-Level inputs. You do not need a converter. If you have any issues installing it, just let me know. I did use felt tape on all the clips... etc. Followed what the other guys were using.

Ross

Big Bend
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was able to get the 400.1 to mount to 2 of the brass mounting holes. I used a drywall screw into the area near a brass mounting hole(plastic). And the 4th mount is unsecured.
Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. CDCFE390-4023-45E3-84B4-35B285FC4F1D

Ross

Big Bend
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco B&O sub installed on Base Bronco ….sorta…. CDCFE390-4023-45E3-84B4-35B285FC4F1D

[/QUOTE]
This has been very helpful!
How did you fasten the speaker grill to the panel?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want to thank everyone for all their work and posts here. A sub is in my future eventually for sure, and al this data is awesome. Happy Saturday.

OP
OP
cmcbronco

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has been very helpful!
How did you fasten the speaker grill to the panel?
[/QUOTE]
You can use about anything. I ended up using flex seal tape. Holds nice but can be removed. Trust me I’ve done it twice lol.

Sponsored

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You guys are amazing. This is definitely something that was on my list and you guys have provided the instructions!

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys are amazing. This is definitely something that was on my list and you guys have provided the instructions!
I will say that I have had MANY sound systems in cars with two 12' subs... etc..
The setup here with the factory plastic sub box, Kicker Key 500.1 and the
Kicker 48CWR84 CompR Series 8" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils is MORE than enough to get you a sweet-sounding system. I am running the B&O with all the speakers changed out to Hertz speakers. The subwoofer gives you a "subsonic" sound that fills out the vehicle. I did kick the gain on the Kicker amp as the "matched" gain was a little too low. I just pushed it up a little and that made the bass sound awesome. I also have the remote volume control as you will want this.
All these crazy subs I see in the broncos are not needed unless you want to bother everyone around you. My 2 cents.

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will say that I have had MANY sound systems in cars with two 12' subs... etc..
The setup here with the factory plastic sub box, Kicker Key 500.1 and the
Kicker 48CWR84 CompR Series 8" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils is MORE than enough to get you a sweet-sounding system. I am running the B&O with all the speakers changed out to Hertz speakers. The subwoofer gives you a "subsonic" sound that fills out the vehicle. I did kick the gain on the Kicker amp as the "matched" gain was a little too low. I just pushed it up a little and that made the bass sound awesome. I also have the remote volume control as you will want this.
All these crazy subs I see in the broncos are not needed unless you want to bother everyone around you. My 2 cents.
All I want is to have a good song come on and it to bang a little. I don't want anything real crazy.
But idk if my bronco has the sub or not.

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I want is to have a good song come on and it to bang a little. I don't want anything real crazy.
But idk if my bronco has the sub or not.
The B&O system come's with the factory sub. If you have the non-B&O, you can order the box. The part # is in this thread.

SlvrSurfRidr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Carbonized Gray 4DR, High/Tow, SoftTop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s the part number from the box. I didn’t get into the wiring too much because I’ve seen that on the forum a lot. Power wire I ran through a plug in the firewall diwn the drivers side then crossed it over to the passenger side by the rear seats. For audio signal I tapped into both front kick panel speakers and ran those down the passenger side along with the bass control knob wire.

part number for those that were looking
Sponsored