Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved on day one and I will definitely keep this offer in my hip pocket when speaking to the dealership prior to Oct 31. Heck, I figure June/July is a perfect time to make my first trip to Iowa from the east coast...LMAO. How will accessories be priced?
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if I missed this clarification earlier, but a couple of questions:
  1. Options and accessories are separate categories on the invoice, correct? And assuming that is essentially correct, then:
  2. Options are built on the vehicle by Ford and delivered to the dealer, and accessories are installed (when installation is necessary) by the dealer once the vehicle is delivered by Ford to the dealership, correct?
  3. For accessories, the dealer warranties the labor while the accessory maker (Ridgid, Warn, BesTop, etc.) warranties the materials, correct?
And as always, Albert, thanks for answering and for being an all-around Decent Dude.

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Granger Ford - Albert, Thought I’d pick your brain on how you all will handle the folks who have a reservation with Granger, but in the Fall if/when Ford announces the 2022 Bronco line-up and folks want to jump ship for a MY22 allocation instead? I understand you may not get any allocations until later on, but will you start a list or what?

A second scenario are those who place an order in December from their current reservation, but get pushed into a MY22 build due to their place in line, would they then get a chance to modify an order based on what is then offered in the MY22 line-up?

I ask this because I’m sure I’m not the only one who will be tempted by a 450hp hybrid power train if it comes down the pipe.

Thanks in advance and for all that you do on the forum!

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if I missed this clarification earlier, but a couple of questions:
  1. Options and accessories are separate categories on the invoice, correct? And assuming that is essentially correct, then:
  2. Options are built on the vehicle by Ford and delivered to the dealer, and accessories are installed (when installation is necessary) by the dealer once the vehicle is delivered by Ford to the dealership, correct?
  3. For accessories, the dealer warranties the labor while the accessory maker (Ridgid, Warn, BesTop, etc.) warranties the materials, correct?
And as always, Albert, thanks for answering and for being an all-around Decent Dude.
I'll jump in and they can correct me if I'm wrong......
You'll select your trim level and options. If there's a "dealer installed accessory" that is part of your build (example cross bars) the dealer will install it during their PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and it is under factory warranty and will also show on the window sticker of the vehicle. If you decide to get a Ford accessory (floor mats, remote start, etc) after the fact, those would fall under whatever warranties Ford expresses for each item, which you'll be able to find in writing on the Ford accessories web site. If you add accessories thru the Ford dealer that are a non Ford product (maybe a leather upgrade because you don't like the cloth seats) the item will carry it's own warranties and you'll need to ask what that is as each item can differ. While I realize you pretty much had this correct, I wanted to give more details because it may help others.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For clarity I answered each one individually

Options and accessories are separate categories on the invoice, correct? YES/NO
YES - the options are on the build sheet and have an invoice
NO - the accessories are not on the build sheet or have an invoice.
but written in the deal on the buyers order if done at time of purchase.

Options are built on the vehicle by Ford and delivered to the dealer - Yes

Accessories are installed (when installation is necessary) by the dealer once the vehicle is delivered by Ford to the dealership, correct? - Yes

For accessories, the dealer warranties the labor while the accessory maker (Ridgid, Warn, BesTop, etc.) warranties the materials, correct? Yes
If is is a Ford accessory it is warrantied under the factory warranty when installed at purchase.

And as always, Albert, thanks for answering and for being an all-around Decent Dude. - Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford - Albert, Thought I’d pick your brain on how you all will handle the folks who have a reservation with Granger, but in the Fall if/when Ford announces the 2022 Bronco line-up and folks want to jump ship for a MY22 allocation instead? I understand you may not get any allocations until later on, but will you start a list or what?

A second scenario are those who place an order in December from their current reservation, but get pushed into a MY22 build due to their place in line, would they then get a chance to modify an order based on what is then offered in the MY22 line-up?

I ask this because I’m sure I’m not the only one who will be tempted by a 450hp hybrid power train if it comes down the pipe.

Thanks in advance and for all that you do on the forum!
The 2022 model year is still too far off to predict what may/may not be coming..

The 2021's are not out yet and we see how hard it is to get facts from them on it..

I personally like the idea of the engine combo but at this point it is speculation for the Bronco not officially announced as fact...

TFL is hardly a mouthpiece for Ford and likes to sensationalize for YouTube views.. Use to be a subscriber to the channel.

As for the orders once placed & accepted they are then scheduled for production and at that point the vehicle can no longer accept changes so it will be built as ordered..

Once production starts they will be building and delivering faster than one could believe..

Be nice to have a plant tour, have not done one of those in years...

Hope this helps...

I do not want to come off negative however I want to work with facts not spin around inside the rumor mill it makes me dizzy.. ;)

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2022 model year is still too far off to predict what may/may not be coming..

The 2021's are not out yet and we see how hard it is to get facts from them on it..

I personally like the idea of the engine combo but at this point it is speculation for the Bronco not officially announced as fact...

TFL is hardly a mouthpiece for Ford and likes to sensationalize for YouTube views.. Use to be a subscriber to the channel.

As for the orders once placed & accepted they are then scheduled for production and at that point the vehicle can no longer accept changes so it will be built as ordered..

Once production starts they will be building and delivering faster than one could believe..

Be nice to have a plant tour, have not done one of those in years...

Hope this helps...

I do not want to come off negative however I want to work with facts not spin around inside the rumor mill it makes me dizzy.. ;)
Thanks for the response, but I'm way less concerned about the reason someone might want to switch to an MY22 allocation and way more concerned about what Granger's response would be. The engine scenario is what got me thinking, but it could be for any reason. I wouldn't expect you to address this type of speculation.

That said, for scenario 1, how do you handle the request for an FY22 allocation? For scenario 2, let's say production did start and someone wants to make the switch to an FY22 anyway, how will that be handled?

If you don't know that's fine and I appreciate your time in answering, but it might help folks decide whether to stick to their reservation and/or how to go about pursuing an MY22 allocation. In any case, these issues are bound to come up for every dealership, so I think it is a fair question.

Thanks Albert!

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That said, for scenario 1, how do you handle the request for an FY22 allocation? For scenario 2, let's say production did start and someone wants to make the switch to an FY22 anyway, how will that be handled?
Simple answer: (y)
  • If someone wanted to go to a 2022 vehicle after one was ordered for them. We would order the 2022 and see if the 2021 could be stopped, otherwise sell it when it came in...

The thought process on my end: ?
  • In that scenario, if there is doubt, the customer would be better served to wait until Sept/Oct 2021 time frame next year to see what may be available for the 2022 model year...
  • Again not trying to muddy the water but just trying to digest ** why jump the gun on a new product?
  • I have many that want to drive one before committing to the purchase, which I both understand and can relate to...
Sometimes my logic is odd however it is how I digest information...

Analytically not emotionally...?‍♂

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For clarity I answered each one individually

Options and accessories are separate categories on the invoice, correct? YES/NO
YES - the options are on the build sheet and have an invoice
NO - the accessories are not on the build sheet or have an invoice.
but written in the deal on the buyers order if done at time of purchase.

Options are built on the vehicle by Ford and delivered to the dealer - Yes

Accessories are installed (when installation is necessary) by the dealer once the vehicle is delivered by Ford to the dealership, correct? - Yes

For accessories, the dealer warranties the labor while the accessory maker (Ridgid, Warn, BesTop, etc.) warranties the materials, correct? Yes
If is is a Ford accessory it is warrantied under the factory warranty when installed at purchase.

And as always, Albert, thanks for answering and for being an all-around Decent Dude. - Thanks
Thanks! One followup question:

Are dealer-installed accessories required to be installed by the dealer assuming some installation is necessary (like wiring for a winch or lighting)? In other words, I am thinking you can't just buy that item, say because it's a great price from Ford, and then not have the dealer install it because you want to do that yourself or because these are items you don't trust the dealer to install the way you'd like them.

Last edited:

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll jump in and they can correct me if I'm wrong......
You'll select your trim level and options. If there's a "dealer installed accessory" that is part of your build (example cross bars) the dealer will install it during their PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and it is under factory warranty and will also show on the window sticker of the vehicle. If you decide to get a Ford accessory (floor mats, remote start, etc) after the fact, those would fall under whatever warranties Ford expresses for each item, which you'll be able to find in writing on the Ford accessories web site. If you add accessories thru the Ford dealer that are a non Ford product (maybe a leather upgrade because you don't like the cloth seats) the item will carry it's own warranties and you'll need to ask what that is as each item can differ. While I realize you pretty much had this correct, I wanted to give more details because it may help others.
Thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! One followup question:

Are dealer-installed accessories required to be installed by the dealer assuming some installation is necessary (like wiring for a winch or lighting)? In other words, I am thinking you can't just buy that item, say because it's a great price from Ford, and then not have the dealer install it because you want to do that yourself or because these are items you don't trust the dealer to install the way you'd like them.
Sure you can install all of the accessories...as long as you are confident in the project they are done easily and all come with instructions... (y)

I have put many of my own accessories on as I am anal about wiring, organizing and overall tidiness of the job...my ocd can be bad at times...

BTW - even the floor mats have instructions...?

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure you can install all of the accessories...as long as you are confident in the project they are done easily and all come with instructions... (y)

I have put many of my own accessories on as I am anal about wiring, organizing and overall tidiness of the job...my ocd can be bad at times...

Those floor mats get me every time.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. How many languages do they come in? I speak a dialect of Overanalyticalese.

I've done all my own lighting on my FJ, including adding a separate fuse panel and accessory switch box, so that's easy. I also love the idea of having the Bronco delivered to the dealer, and when I go to pick it up, the back is filled with boxes of accessories to open, like it's my birthday and Xmas all in one. ?

Albert, you continue to exceed all expectations of knowledge, generosity and patience. More power to you. Thanks.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. How many languages do they come in? I speak a dialect of Overanalyticalese.

I've done all my own lighting on my FJ, including adding a separate fuse panel and accessory switch box, so that's easy. I also love the idea of having the Bronco delivered to the dealer, and when I go to pick it up, the back is filled with boxes of accessories to open, like it's my birthday and Xmas all in one. ?

Albert, you continue to exceed all expectations of knowledge, generosity and patience. More power to you. Thanks.
Appreciate the kudos ☺

However most of all my new favorite word.... "Overanalyticalese" added that to my dictionary so it does not spell check it.. A little tough to say out loud but describes my OCD to a T.?

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Simple answer: (y)
  • If someone wanted to go to a 2022 vehicle after one was ordered for them. We would order the 2022 and see if the 2021 could be stopped, otherwise sell it when it came in...

The thought process on my end: ?
  • In that scenario, if there is doubt, the customer would be better served to wait until Sept/Oct 2021 time frame next year to see what may be available for the 2022 model year...
  • Again not trying to muddy the water but just trying to digest ** why jump the gun on a new product?
  • I have many that want to drive one before committing to the purchase, which I both understand and can relate to...
Sometimes my logic is odd however it is how I digest information...

Analytically not emotionally...?‍♂
Perfect. Thanks Albert, it all makes sense to me.
Sponsored