First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I replaced all 4 4” speakers. Based on posts, I’d like to run the Forscan mod so I can tap into a full signal on rear speakers wires for an amp and powered sub. I’d also like to put some 6 or 8” speakers in quarter panels as a) I think the plastic can handle a regular speaker weight wise and b) sub is goin on the tailgate anyway.

I am not looking to go nuclear here. Just decent sound with top down and doors off, not make a mobile studio - I’ll leave the high end stuff at home.

QUESTION : does anyone know where the rear speaker wires enter the roll bar or somewhere near the rear of truck? The Forscan may not improve the sound from the 4” pods, but it should save the headache of running the amp input off the front.
Sponsored

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Driver side rocker area (image is rear driver door on a 4 door) is an easy place to pick these up. Both left and right run up and across the roll bar from here.

Ford Bronco Forscan rear, tailgate subwoofer, amp and rear quarter panel speakers 2BC472E1-0BFD-404B-8B25-30942F748B95

OP
OP

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Make sure to post how this goes. I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing if the forscan fix is ever confirmed.

OP
OP

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
will do. Someone offered advice on the Forscan item. fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Porters.ride

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door soft top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I installed my tailgate subwoofer assembly, I just pulled from the front kick panel speakers. They seem to have full range.

079F54D4-3597-43BC-AFA7-7D293B6758DA.jpeg

OP
OP

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. Was going to try and add 6” to rears to (in quarter panel). So I wanted to just tap in and run to an amp and then back to the 6” and 4-1/2 roll bar speakers.

longwoodknight

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I installed my tailgate subwoofer assembly, I just pulled from the front kick panel speakers. They seem to have full range.

Ford Bronco Forscan rear, tailgate subwoofer, amp and rear quarter panel speakers 079F54D4-3597-43BC-AFA7-7D293B6758DA
how is this secured to the tailgate? Did you use pre existing holes or straight up screw into the sheet metal?

Porters.ride

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door soft top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
how is this secured to the tailgate? Did you use pre existing holes or straight up screw into the sheet metal?
I drilled holes in the aluminum and it put nutserts in. There is four nutsetts holding it on, so it can always come off and all there will be a threaded holes.

JDHNRV

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Forscan rear, tailgate subwoofer, amp and rear quarter panel speakers 079F54D4-3597-43BC-AFA7-7D293B6758DA
I installed an Infinity powered sub in the same spot. Are you getting any rattle from the tailgate? I’m getting some and am trying to figure out how to kill it. Did you do anything special inside the tailgate or behind the sub to dampen rattle?

Sponsored

Porters.ride

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door soft top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed an Infinity powered sub in the same spot. Are you getting any rattle from the tailgate? I’m getting some and am trying to figure out how to kill it. Did you do anything special inside the tailgate or behind the sub to dampen rattle?
Yes, I end up doing sound deadening on the box area behind the sub and around where the latch mechanism is, and a little bit of sound deadening tape and two-sided tape on both of the plastic panels that clip in.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

079F54D4-3597-43BC-AFA7-7D293B6758DA.jpeg
Curious, did you use one of the auxiliary switches for power? or did you run to the battery?

OP
OP

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Driver side rocker area (image is rear driver door on a 4 door) is an easy place to pick these up. Both left and right run up and across the roll bar from here.

Thanks for picture. I’m looking at a speaker wire diagram that shows the rears pairs as left (grey with violet stripe and brown with green stripe) and right (green with color and grey) coming from head unit. It then shows then change to left (brown with blue strip and white) and right (violet with orange stripe and yellow with green stripe). It looks like you show the later color that you tap into with a grey 2 conductor speaker wire and a white 2 conductor. Am I seeing that right in your photo? You connected your white wire to a white and brown pair and your grey wire to a violet and yellow pair. Appreciate any help.
Sponsored