First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder what finally made them go this route. Running out of room for storing partially built vehicles? Logistical nightmare finishing those vehicles? Regardless, it's good news, we just have to hope it applies to Broncos since the article doesn't specify.
Sponsored

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So let’s say the chip that your vehicle is missing is the chip that controls heated seats (or auto start or something else non essential). Would Ford allow the dealers to release the vehicles to us? Or would the dealers hold onto our Broncos until the part comes in?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

But isn’t this news is what unscheduled bronco6g peeps want? No more dirt mountain right?
Interesting article thanks. . Couldn’t see it all but the one year doesn’t matter that much to me. It means you go without a seat heater or auto stop for a while. But you have your vehicle. The one year is probably a worse case. Would love it if they would do this for ice mountain/ chip hold. Like now.
Noted, added second sentence to post #1.

"However, depending on your point of view, such as ICE Mountain, you may see this as good news."

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If this is true I hope Ford and their dealers are not expecting full payment. Hold back money would be appropriate!
I don’t even care. Just ship it and give me a damn IOU.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Noted, added second sentence to post #1.

"However, depending on your point of view, such as ICE Mountain, you may see this as good news."
IMO anything to get it out of the cold and in my hands is good. I guess the missing non critical part is a downside to some but not me. Here is my money give me my bronco!!!

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'd prefer my Badlands be complete BUT if it's something like auto start/stop or even heated seats i think i'd be fine without it and just hope i can get it by winter later this year. MN winters SUCK without the heated seats lol

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So let’s say the chip that your vehicle is missing is the chip that controls heated seats (or auto start or something else non essential). Would Ford allow the dealers to release the vehicles to us? Or would the dealers hold onto our Broncos until the part comes in?
The article states the dealer would be able to release it to the customer. See the last sentence below. >>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
March 12, 2022
Michael Martinez

LAS VEGAS -- Ford Motor Co., attempting to ease inventory constraints, plans to ship and sell partially built vehicles that are awaiting semiconductors or related components that control non-safety critical features, executives told dealers in a meeting Saturday, according to three people present.

The plan is a revision of an idea floated in July where Ford considered shipping partially-built vehicles to dealers to sit on their lots until parts became available. Now, according to the people, the partially-built vehicles Ford will send dealers will be both drivable and sellable.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Send it without auto start/stop thanks!
coworker just spent $60k on a GMC truck and got a $50 credit because it didn't have chip that controlled auto start/stop. Dealer will install it later and I'm like dude they did you a favor.

If my Bronco order is missing heated seats my wife will be PISSED.

Sponsored

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my Bronco order is missing heated seats my wife will be PISSED.
You live in Alabama, right? Why does it matter if you don't have heated seats as winter is ending and spring is starting?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The article said “ship and sell”

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO anything to get it out of the cold and in my hands is good. I guess the missing non critical part is a downside to some but not me. Here is my money give me my bronco!!!
Man , I hear ya.
Having your Bronco on the Mountain was the worst part of the whole ordeal.
It really dampened the whole experience.
Hope you get yours soon.
Sponsored