First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
If mine runs and drives down the road, I'm happy to get it. I don't need "creature comforts", and ordered a Base. If I'd have had my way, it would have had a rubberized floor, crank windows, and no radio. Hell, I could live without AC -- and I live in a state with the 6th highest average relative humidity. My daily driver that I've been driving for 18+ years has not had AC since October 2010 when I hit a whitetail buck. In fact, our house doesn't even have central air, and it's 80-100 degrees outside all summer.

The Bronco I have on order "ain't no pimp mobile." LOL!
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is fine, but your thread title says ā€œFord will ship Broncos without chipsā€ and you have no proof that is true.

Here is a link verified that Ford Will start shipping Explorers with missing functionality.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...r-chips-supply-chain-bronco-f-150/7022209001/
The title is similar to the Automotive News article title. Reading the article in full context you will see they discuss the Bronco, you are free to read into or read out of anything you wish.

Article link: Ford will ship and sell vehicles without chips controlling non-safety critical features

Here is a second news source who also uses Bronco's in the title and also discusses Bronco's in the context.

The Ford Broncos Piling Up at Ice Mountain Will Get to Customers, But There's a Catch

I'm not sure why you would respond without reading the context of the articles, something every good doctor knows.

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Ford Motor Company here's an idea: ship a really retro Bronco with NO ELECTRONICS WHATSOEVER (except for start, spark, and a stereo, I need tunes). You could call it the End Times package, no chip concerns and you could probably sell it for an extra $10k!

I admit I love the bells and whistles, but when TEOTWAWKI comes I'm taking my 98 Land Cruiser - simply no faith all those chips and sensors are going to get me and my family where we need to be for the next couple years.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s NON-SAFETY related chipsā€¦.
People get in thier heads, freak out , and create drama for no reason. They cant and couldn't sell a vehicle with a safety concern. It's creature comfort related or they wouldn't do it.

Ask anyone..like me that had an automobile they took in for service, and couldn't get it back until a safety recall was done.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The title is similar to the Automotive News article title. Reading the article in full context you will see they discuss the Bronco, you are free to read into or read out of anything you wish.

Article link: Ford will ship and sell vehicles without chips controlling non-safety critical features

Here is a second news source who also uses Bronco's in the title and also discusses Bronco's in the context.

The Ford Broncos Piling Up at Ice Mountain Will Get to Customers, But There's a Catch

I'm not sure why you would respond without reading the context of the articles, something every good doctor knows.
The first article makes no mention of Bronco, and the second is nothing more than speculation based on what Ford told dealers at NADA. Itā€™s no different than someone sayingā€¦

1. I like ice cream
2. Ice cream makes me cold.
3. Obviously I like being cold.

Number 3 cannot be assumed from 1 & 2.

Iā€˜m not sure how you cannot understand that nowhere has it been stated from Ford that Broncos are going to start shipping missing features.

Iā€˜m not saying it could not happenā€¦just that it hasnā€™t been confirmed anywhere from Ford yet.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This really sucks, with first week res holders still waiting this is getting ridiculous. Hopefully Ford actually gets the chips out and doesn't leave people hanging.... At least this will help them actually get Broncos to people, hopefully.

I just got news that I'll be picking up my Bronco-alternative next month, so thought I'd swing back by here to see how things are going, definitely makes me glad I got out when I did.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The really funny thing is the second article that you use as a source links to this exact thread as a source for their comments! :LOL:

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about Ford introducing a new 'Minimalist' Bronco trim line?

This may not be the right time/place/mood to bring this up, but have been thinking about the possibility of a Bronco that excluded as many frills, bells and whistles, and luxuries as possible along with excluding as many chips and complex/expensive/fragile components as possible.

This leaves a wide area to argue what is 'needed' or desired by various individuals but in my opinion all, or a very good representation, of the 4x4 features should be available.

Would be hoping that this model could be provided at a much less expensive price that would be attractive to some/many while also providing a quicker delivery during however long the chip shortages go on.

Just thinking that one of the most desirable locations for a Bronco at some point in the future, after there are a few scratches,, is at the hunting camp,, off on the farm,, or venturing out on rough overlanding or rougher off-road excursions where no one cares about the luxuries or electronics and has perhaps torn them out already... .. .

Acknowledging that opinions will vary. rak2

You just described the base trimā€¦ā€¦not sure if youā€™re being sarcastic or not.

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Itā€™s not the dealers fault at all! Customer Satisfaction funds may be extended. That IS funded by Ford. But asking your dealer to make price concessions is likely not going to happen. Ford doesnā€™t OWN the dealership. They own the trademark. Itā€™s still a franchise that depends on the sale of the products it stocks. No delivered units means no profit for the dealer, obviously. As someone who works for a Ford dealership, I can tell you it is just as frustrating for us to not have answers or know when the situation is going to get better. We all want our Bronco, but this has been tough, and will likely be a tougher road ahead.
Dealers represent FORD. Should be some kind of compensation for not getting a COMPLETE VEHICLE. That would be like buying a house with just felt paper on the roof, livable until the shingles are manufactured! UNEXCEPTABLE!!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree BUT bronco6g likes to complain and go against the grain at every opportunity. If Ford holds vehicles for chips then bronco6g gets angry and if they release them while waiting for chips then bronco6g still gets angry. No matter what Ford canā€™t win
Itā€™s the old ā€œ you canā€™t please everyoneā€. I am on the fence about having a tech in the service department installing sensitive electronic components. If it is a module that contains the electronics then fine but having a tech crack open a module to install chips/ ICs makes me a bit skittish.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The first article makes no mention of Bronco, and the second is nothing more than speculation based on what Ford told dealers at NADA. Itā€™s no different than someone sayingā€¦

1. I like ice cream
2. Ice cream makes me cold.
3. Obviously I like being cold.

Number 3 cannot be assumed from 1 & 2.

Iā€˜m not sure how you cannot understand that nowhere has it been stated from Ford that Broncos are going to start shipping missing features.

Iā€˜m not saying it could not happenā€¦just that it hasnā€™t been confirmed anywhere from Ford yet.
It is reasonable to assume that if a Ford executive told dealers that vehicles would ship with missing modules with no other clarification or exemption that Broncos would be included. They didn't mention any vehicle in particular so it is not a stretch to say it applies to their whole product range. Some may be impacted more than others but we'll never know.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey @Ford Motor Company here's an idea: ship a really retro Bronco with NO ELECTRONICS WHATSOEVER (except for start, spark, and a stereo, I need tunes). You could call it the End Times package, no chip concerns and you could probably sell it for an extra $10k!

I admit I love the bells and whistles, but when TEOTWAWKI comes I'm taking my 98 Land Cruiser - simply no faith all those chips and sensors are going to get me and my family where we need to be for the next couple years.
Hell Yes add a 300hp all mechanical cummins 4bt and IM ALL IN! Make them EMP proof too!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which chip is that?
I recon what ever one is in the module that takes input from the HVAC system, coolant temp, auto-stop button, etc. and makes the call on when to stop and re-start the engine.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is reasonable to assume that if a Ford executive told dealers that vehicles would ship with missing modules with no other clarification or exemption that Broncos would be included. They didn't mention any vehicle in particular so it is not a stretch to say it applies to their whole product range. Some may be impacted more than others but we'll never know.
It has been confirmed that Explorers will be shipped without rear HVAC controls, and those will be added later.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's a hard no from me. Maybe if they did this before they let my Bronco sit in a field for 3 months.

But an incomplete Bronco that you built, drove to a field and let sit in feet of snow, now you're going to ship it incomplete and *wink wink* make sure it gets finished within a year?

Nope. Not for $50k.

Someone else can buy an incomplete, Ice Mountain Bronco with a $7,500 ADM.
Sponsored