Sponsored

Weathertech or Rubber Ford Mats (vinyl floor)

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the look of the ford rubber mats with the Bronco badge on them, but am wondering if they'll stay put on the vinyl floor underneath. I'm thinking weathertech would be better considering that there's a LOT of floor (4 door).

From the dealership it came with carpet mats that snap in for the front, but only stay there for 5 seconds. The moment your feet shift they come lose. The carpet mats in the back are a joke - they slide all over the place.
Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m a big fan of WeatherTech. Iā€™ve had them in multiple vehicles. Mine are here in the box, awaiting the Broncoā€™s arrival, hopefully, in the next 10 days.

Somebody in a similar thread commented about the flimsiness of the Ford rubber mats. Though they do look nice in the pictures.

Cybindustries1904

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor, Mach E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the weather techs in my 2door badlands. No movement or issues with the rubber floor they protect well

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the look of the ford rubber mats with the Bronco badge on them, but am wondering if they'll stay put on the vinyl floor underneath. I'm thinking weathertech would be better considering that there's a LOT of floor (4 door).

From the dealership it came with carpet mats that snap in for the front, but only stay there for 5 seconds. The moment your feet shift they come lose. The carpet mats in the back are a joke - they slide all over the place.
I have the all weather mats in my 2-door, they snap in and I haven't noticed them moving around much. I can't comment on the rear seat mats since no one has been back there, and they are very small compared to the 4-door.

What mats are you looking talking about (not sure we are comparing apples to apples)?
Are you worried about the front mats, rear mats, or both?

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have weatger tech in mine and I absolutely love them. The ford mats are absolute garbo. They show three piece but the back seat is two pieces that overlap. I highly recommend weather tech

Sponsored
OP
OP
BluePonyGT

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the all weather mats in my 2-door, they snap in and I haven't noticed them moving around much. I can't comment on the rear seat mats since no one has been back there, and they are very small compared to the 4-door.

What mats are you looking talking about (not sure we are comparing apples to apples)?
Are you worried about the front mats, rear mats, or both?
Since I have a vinyl/rubber floor in the rig those carpet squares the factory snap in there don't stay put. They slide all over the place, and are generally terrible once the dirty feet, dogs, etc. start to put this to good use.

The fronts unsnap way too easy, and generally come loose while you're driving (bad). The rear ones don't even snap in - they're a joke. I need something that will fill that space, won't move around and be easy to clean. I'm worried that if I buy the ford rubber ones with the bronco emblem the back one that goes across won't stay put. Does anyone have experience with the ford ones in a 4-door configuration?

OP
OP
BluePonyGT

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the vinyl (washout) floor, the Ford rubber mats were the better of the two between those and the Husky X-act Contour mats that I tried. Especially in the 2nd row, the kids complained of the Husky mats moving around like you are talking about. The Ford factory mats have a groove on the bottom that fits into a groove in the floor and keeps them from sliding around. I probably preferred the Husky mats in the front for overall coverage but my OCD wouldn't allow me to have Husky in the front and Ford in the back. I ended up selling the Husky mats and now run the Ford rubber mats that I originally ordered with the vehicle.

OP
OP
BluePonyGT

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have the vinyl (washout) floor, the Ford rubber mats were the better of the two between those and the Husky X-act Contour mats that I tried. Especially in the 2nd row, the kids complained of the Husky mats moving around like you are talking about. The Ford factory mats have a groove on the bottom that fits into a groove in the floor and keeps them from sliding around. I probably preferred the Husky mats in the front for overall coverage but my OCD wouldn't allow me to have Husky in the front and Ford in the back. I ended up selling the Husky mats and now run the Ford rubber mats that I originally ordered with the vehicle.
Ok that's where I might be confused. Are these the ones you've got?:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-fl...nyl-flooring-4-door-bronco-2021-2022/p/FM756/

Or are there two versions of "Ford Rubber Mats" and I'm assuming we're all talking about the same thing? We may get down to talking part numbers here soon.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I have a vinyl/rubber floor in the rig those carpet squares the factory snap in there don't stay put. They slide all over the place, and are generally terrible once the dirty feet, dogs, etc. start to put this to good use.

The fronts unsnap way too easy, and generally come loose while you're driving (bad). The rear ones don't even snap in - they're a joke. I need something that will fill that space, won't move around and be easy to clean. I'm worried that if I buy the ford rubber ones with the bronco emblem the back one that goes across won't stay put. Does anyone have experience with the ford ones in a 4-door configuration?
I have the floor mats for the four door. They seem to fit fine. I'm happy to send you some photos if you like. The Bronco is my wife's daily driver and she hasn't complained.

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Badlands - Ford All Weather Liners - Please forgive how dirty they are - haven't hosed them off in a couple weeks due to rainy weather!

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands with Leather seats hence my interior has carpeted floors. I have used the Weathertech in my JEEP JL and I've now got them in my Badlands. I highly recommend them. I purposely did not order the floor mats from Ford so that I could get the Weathertech liners for my front, rear and cargo area. I do quite a bit of outdoor activities that might leave my boots full of mud or snow...these things are awesome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BluePonyGT

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice video! Thank you all - I have a decision to make.

I really appreciate the info.
Sponsored