First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have fantastic news! The outstanding team at J Tops USA is nearly ready to begin production of the 4 door soft top Bronco Bimini solution. They came down to my house the other day to put a test version on my Bronco and are now making a few final adjustments. This Bimini from J Top is outstanding and by far the best solution for the Bronco four door soft top, period. I have it on my vehicle currently and will be providing regular updates to their team as they finalize it.

Here is a link to their Facebook, they just posted a photo of it on my Bronco: https://www.facebook.com/jtopsusa
  • I will not be posting photos of my prototype so please don't ask, you can see photos on their Facebook above. Once I have the final version I will share photos.

What I love, and I formerly owned the Bestop Bimini which was not a good solution so I can compare:
  1. The team at J Tops USA, the owner is dedicated to quality and his customers and will not accept anything less than the best: https://www.jtopsusa.com
  2. Durability and quality of the material (far superior in everyway to Bestop). The stitching, the industrial magnets, the screen, the straps and buckles, placement, everything just great.
  3. Fit! It fits like a glove (I thought of an OJ reference but thought it would be in bad taste). They spent a lot of time on this challenging opening of the Bronco to ensure a perfect fit with no gaps, tight pull, and amazing anchoring points that don't interfere with the operation or the side curtain airbags. Also, no bar in the middle of Bronco so you still have 100% of your opening. The Bestop was terrible in this regard with a horrible aftermarket fit that should had never been put into production. My words are harsh, but I stand by them. With that said Bestop did have good customer service and I thank them for that.
  4. Installation was easy. Once again better than Bestop where you had to remove your rear speakers. No removing of speakers with J Tops solution. The buckles and straps are superior and you have no straps flailing in the wind. I am going to increase the tension in a few days after sitting in the Texas sun. I only had to remove the middle bracket that the soft top latches onto in Sunrider position which took less than a minute using the toolkit that came with the Bronco and you just put it back on after.
  5. Performance is awesome! The tension, fit and adjustability are terrific. No noise, no sun, and easy operation of the soft top. The fastest I have traveled is about 70 MPH.
  6. Not sure what pricing will be but I know it will be competitive and you will get a quality solution.
  7. Family reaction: My 6 year old daughters loved it, said it was way better than the other Bimini we tried. They especially loved the graphics and fit. My wife, who is an OCD accountant, thought it was far superior and was impressed. She does not want the flag and Bronco on it, she prefers a clean graphite color. I am leaning towards the flag Bronco design which looks amazing with the Cactus Grey. Still not decided.
I love this solution and the J Tops brand. This will be my first product of theirs and I will be a loyal customer forever. Can't wait for others to try this out on their Broncos. I know they have a strong Jeep following.
Sponsored

strick23

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Stang GT/ 02 Lincoln LS/ 21 Bronco BL SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks pretty sweet! I too like a clean look, so thinking titanium for the main color with just a black bronco logo.

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks pretty sweet! I too like a clean look, so thinking titanium for the main color with just a black bronco logo.
That sounds nice actually, I may do the same.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any plans for a 2-door?

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was there an appreciable difference in the sound? We currently have the Bestop on now and it flaps terribly.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any plans for a hardtop compatible version?

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
AWESOME!! My buddy has one of their tops on his JL Jeep and it's great. I was holding out, hoping they would release something before summer.

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have fantastic news! The outstanding team at J Tops USA is nearly ready to begin production of the 4 door soft top Bronco Bimini solution. They came down to my house the other day to put a test version on my Bronco and are now making a few final adjustments. This Bimini from J Top is outstanding and by far the best solution for the Bronco four door soft top, period. I have it on my vehicle currently and will be providing regular updates to their team as they finalize it.

Here is a link to their Facebook, they just posted a photo of it on my Bronco: https://www.facebook.com/jtopsusa
  • I will not be posting photos of my prototype so please don't ask, you can see photos on their Facebook above. Once I have the final version I will share photos.

What I love, and I formerly owned the Bestop Bimini which was not a good solution so I can compare:
  1. The team at J Tops USA, the owner is dedicated to quality and his customers and will not accept anything less than the best: https://www.jtopsusa.com
  2. Durability and quality of the material (far superior in everyway to Bestop). The stitching, the industrial magnets, the screen, the straps and buckles, placement, everything just great.
  3. Fit! It fits like a glove (I thought of an OJ reference but thought it would be in bad taste). They spent a lot of time on this challenging opening of the Bronco to ensure a perfect fit with no gaps, tight pull, and amazing anchoring points that don't interfere with the operation or the side curtain airbags. Also, no bar in the middle of Bronco so you still have 100% of your opening. The Bestop was terrible in this regard with a horrible aftermarket fit that should had never been put into production. My words are harsh, but I stand by them. With that said Bestop did have good customer service and I thank them for that.
  4. Installation was easy. Once again better than Bestop where you had to remove your rear speakers. No removing of speakers with J Tops solution. The buckles and straps are superior and you have no straps flailing in the wind. I am going to increase the tension in a few days after sitting in the Texas sun. I only had to remove the middle bracket that the soft top latches onto in Sunrider position which took less than a minute using the toolkit that came with the Bronco and you just put it back on after.
  5. Performance is awesome! The tension, fit and adjustability are terrific. No noise, no sun, and easy operation of the soft top. The fastest I have traveled is about 70 MPH.
  6. Not sure what pricing will be but I know it will be competitive and you will get a quality solution.
  7. Family reaction: My 6 year old daughters loved it, said it was way better than the other Bimini we tried. They especially loved the graphics and fit. My wife, who is an OCD accountant, thought it was far superior and was impressed. She does not want the flag and Bronco on it, she prefers a clean graphite color. I am leaning towards the flag Bronco design which looks amazing with the Cactus Grey. Still not decided.
I love this solution and the J Tops brand. This will be my first product of theirs and I will be a loyal customer forever. Can't wait for others to try this out on their Broncos. I know they have a strong Jeep following.
How is the installation? JTops website now has this listed for pre-order and in the description it says that the installation requires removal and reinstallation of the side soft top hardware bracket and will take between 20 and 30 minutes. My initial thought was to not keep the bimini on permanentaly and was planning on taking it on and off often. The Mrs likes lots and lots of beaming sunshine while I would prefer some shade when it starts pushing 90°. Is this removal of the brackets just a 1 time thing and then the bimini can be removed and reinstalled or do the brackets have to come off each time that I remove the bimini?

jtops bimini.PNG

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is the installation? JTops website now has this listed for pre-order and in the description it says that the installation requires removal and reinstallation of the side soft top hardware bracket and will take between 20 and 30 minutes. My initial thought was to not keep the bimini on permanentaly and was planning on taking it on and off often. The Mrs likes lots and lots of beaming sunshine while I would prefer some shade when it starts pushing 90°. Is this removal of the brackets just a 1 time thing and then the bimini can be removed and reinstalled or do the brackets have to come off each time that I remove the bimini?

Ford Bronco J Tops USA Bimini Solution Hitting the Market Soon jtops bimini.PNG
The way they currently have it configured you will need to remove that bracket each time. Takes about one minute per bracket. I plan on leaving mine on all the time due to my fair skinned wife and daughters. Fits great under the soft top when folded down.

Sponsored

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way they currently have it configured you will need to remove that bracket each time. Takes about one minute per bracket. I plan on leaving mine on all the time due to my fair skinned wife and daughters. Fits great under the soft top when folded down.
Thanks. So in your opinion is the 20-30 minute estimate way too high? How long would you guess it would take to completely remove yours and how long to put back on?

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. So in your opinion is the 20-30 minute estimate way too high? How long would you guess it would take to completely remove yours and how long to put back on?
Let me get back to you next Tuesday or Wednesday when we remove it and I will time it. I think it will be much faster after the first time because the Velcro attachments on the beam will be in place already and you will have a system down.