Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know many people have discussed removing the hard top and hitch from their orders. I’m curious what the results have been. People who have ACTUALLY made this change, were your Broncos subsequently scheduled? I don’t need a 7-PIN and summer is coming. Plus, starting to see more potential aftermarket hard top options coming to market. Also, I KNOW there are other factors at play too (e.g. chips, allocations, other options). Thanks in advance for sharing your first-hand experience.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I switched to soft top my bronco was scheduled the next scheduling week, but ford now says hard tops aren’t limited so I couldn’t tell you

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know many people have discussed removing the hard top and hitch from their orders. I’m curious what the results have been. People who have ACTUALLY made this change, were your Broncos subsequently scheduled? I don’t need a 7-PIN and summer is coming. Plus, starting to see more potential aftermarket hard top options coming to market Also, I KNOW there are other factors at play too (e.g. chips, allocations, other options). Thanks in advance for sharing your first-hand experience.
Dealer Allocations have more to do with scheduling than anything.

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer Allocations have more to do with scheduling than anything.
Good news is the dealer has the allocation to make it a non-issue for me.

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I switched to soft top my bronco was scheduled the next scheduling week, but ford now says hard tops aren’t limited so I couldn’t tell you
Dealer showed me his daily print out of constraints by build. He was a very open book. Hard tops were still showing as a constraint as of today for everyone on his list of orders. Wondering if there may be regional differences possibly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

as soon as I removed the hard top and the hitch i got scheduled.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went from a soft top 4d 2.3 BB, to a 2D MIC BB with 2.7, and I got a VIN and schedule 3 days later. If I would have only trusted what people say on here, that should not have happened. Point being: I don’t think there is any hard and fast rule anymore. You’re gonna wait, might as well stick with what you want.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As you can see from the variety of testimonials here on the forum there is only one consistent factor...

Ford does not honor it's reservation holders.

OP
OP
Cable Guy

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you can see from the variety of testimonials here on the forum there is only one consistent factor...

Ford does not honor it's reservation holders.
100% given… I believe Ford would rather have us leave. They’ll make more near-term (won’t have to honor old pricing) as will dealers (a whole bunch of new ADM ready vehicles) but they’ll have lost their enthusiasts…

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was always a soft top and ordered again in Oct 2021 to switch to a ‘22. In Dec or Jan they mentioned the hitch was a constraint, and I didn’t need 7 pin so I dropped hitch, and was scheduled for 3/28/22 week almost immediately after My dealer verified the change order. I kept SAS, aux switches and high package, and am an OBX. I’ve had one delay but just one week to 4/4, and now have a specific build day of 4/5.
Sponsored