Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel that a Badlands-Sasquatch (Four-Door) without any added tech options from the mid, high, and lux packages is the best combination when it comes to long term reliability, durability, and dependability for an off-road rig.

I feel that if you add tech from the mid, high, and lux packages that things may go wrong and it is the last thing that you want to happen when out in the middle of nowhere. Of course you will have to add the auto transmission with the Sasquatch, so that the only "option."

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im not getting any of the packages, maybe Sasquatch for the 4.70 gears. Less tech the better. Especially for repairs.
When I looked at the standard features for the Badlands sasquatch, it fits my needs. As for off road GPS, I may get an external Hema maps device.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im not getting any of the packages, maybe Sasquatch for the 4.70 gears. Less tech the better. Especially for repairs.
Standard package is standard on the Badlands Sasquatch.

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a badsquatch too. I'll get a High package and shadow black top too. I understand tech isn't ideal for over landing, but this is my daily also. I can afford to fix it, and I'm not off roading alone. It'll be fine.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i care more about the universal garage control than the squatch since the squatch is not currently available with the stick, unfortunately, the universal garage control is lumped into the lux package

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a badsquatch too. I'll get a High package and shadow black top too. I understand tech isn't ideal for over landing, but this is my daily also. I can afford to fix it, and I'm not off roading alone. It'll be fine.
I thought about the high package as well. However, I stick to the side of reliability. I can live without the parking and backup sensors. For me, I dont need added tech when off roading.

I currently own a 2005 toyota tacoma with minimal tech and with almost 200,000 miles.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i care more about the universal garage control than the squatch since the squatch is not currently available with the stick, unfortunately, the universal garage control is lumped into the lux package
Yeah that's dumb in my opinion. I'll probably end up with at least the High package, if not the Lux. I currently have a 4Runner so I'm used to zero tech so I'm ready for an upgrade in that department. The 12" screen is a must have for me. Realistically I won't keep the Bronco forever so I'm not overly concerned .

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that's dumb in my opinion. I'll probably end up with at least the High package, if not the Lux. I currently have a 4Runner so I'm used to zero tech so I'm ready for an upgrade in that department. The 12" screen is a must have for me. Realistically I won't keep the Bronco forever so I'm not overly concerned .
For me, I keep my cars "forever." My Tacoma used to be my dad's and it has been with our family for 15.5 years already. When I eventually get the Bronco BadSquatch, I hope to get the same type of reliability. That is why I am keep tech as minimal as possible and only get the standard package.

Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, I keep my cars "forever."
I always start out that way but something cool always comes around. I honestly still love my 16 4Runner but the Bronco is just so badass I'm going to jump ship. I wasn't even looking for something new until they released it. Wife is keeping her '18 TRD Pro so I'll still have a Yoda in the garage. She keeps her stuff forever, which is why we got rid of her crappy Audi Q7 and went back to Toyota.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m either squatchin the BD or 2 dr BL with no upgrades other than auto, 2.7

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel that a Badlands-Sasquatch (Four-Door) without any added tech options from the mid, high, and lux packages is the best combination when it comes to long term reliability, durability, and dependability for an off-road rig.

I feel that if you add tech from the mid, high, and lux packages that things may go wrong and it is the last thing that you want to happen when out in the middle of nowhere. Of course you will have to add the auto transmission with the Sasquatch, so that the only "option."

Thoughts?
Theoretically I see what you mean but I don't think any of the bonus stuff in the lux package is likely to leave you stranded. There's numerous electronics and ECUs in the base model already to support goat modes, etc. A lot of the "upgrades" aren't even hardware related, like the backup grid lines in the backup camera. Bigger screen, sound deadening materials, garage remote, footwell lighting, and speakers won't hurt either. I think the biggest factor should be how much these bonus features cost.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I refuse to downgrade the creature comforts that my f150 has and I know for certain my wife isnt willing to going from her grand cherokee considering the 4dr badsquatch w/ lux package will be her DD. I have an 05 wrangler if I want the basics. Both the truck and GC go offroad quite a bit and have never left us stranded. The only issues I seem to ever have with vehicles is after the dealerships touch them for warranty work, thats when the electronic gremlins start coming out. If stuff is going to break, let is do so within the warranty period. Thats what its for right?
Sponsored