Sponsored

Why are you choosing 2 or 4 door Bronco? Which will have better resale value?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford knocked it out of the park with both designs, but for me it’s 2 dr all the way- mainly because I’m an empty nester and I love the simplicity of it.
Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Summary:
4 door gives me the both the Bronco I want and the vehicle I need
Exactly this. ?

Has to be a 4-Door for me. Way to convenient and I have smaller kids. Yeah the 2-Door is cool but I think you will see way more 4-Door on the road. This is going to be a VERY massed produced vehicle so if you are buying it for resale value then you should hire a financial advisor instead. That being said I think the 4-Door will have better (Trade-in / Resale) value. To a dealer or individual I think it will be easier to sell a 4-door just simply because that's what more people will want. A dealer wants to move units not have them look cool on the lot. Just my .02 cents though.

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly this. ?

Has to be a 4-Door for me. Way to convenient and I have smaller kids. Yeah the 2-Door is cool but I think you will see way more 4-Door on the road. This is going to be a VERY massed produced vehicle so if you are buying it for resale value then you should hire a financial advisor instead. That being said I think the 4-Door will have better (Trade-in / Resale) value. To a dealer or individual I think it will be easier to sell a 4-door just simply because that's what more people will want. A dealer wants to move units not have them look cool on the lot. Just my .02 cents though.
But I work for a dealership and we want stuff that looks cool on the lot and sells. We are also in a wooded area so prim n proper is not always what sells best.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK I'll play..
2 door: kids grown so just me and the wife, and don't need the extra room (note Raptor is an extended cab)
As for value: too many variables to determine in advance which would hold it's value better, though I would think the difference between 2 like Broncos with the only difference being the doors would be around 1K : not enough too worry about.
So get what you want and don't worry about.
I'm a woman, I do not know what I want until a day after I needed to finalize my decision.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I work for a dealership and we want stuff that looks cool on the lot and sells. We are also in a wooded area so prim n proper is not always what sells best.
I never said anything about Prim and Proper. Mine will be scratched up within a week!!! :ROFLMAO:

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Purely speculation and my own thoughts, but I feel like if we’re speaking long-term (say 2050); then the 2dr manuals will sell for a premium as there will be less of a supply. This type of trend falls in line with what we see today with more classic/vintage vehicles on the market.

This is of course assuming that these 2.3s have that type of longevity.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 kids, one dog, and usually more camping gear than necessary, so I'll go 4 door for sure. Like the 2 door as well, but there's simply not enough room in it and I don't care for roof racks if I can avoid them. But even w/o kids I'd probably go for the 4 door, since I plan on solo trips to the wile and I want to be able to sleep inside, skip the tent.

Plus I won't ever take it on extreme trails where the shorter wheelbase will make any difference.

edit to add: don't care about resell value, I own my current Tacoma for 17 years, I plan to keep the Bronco for a long time. And I'm sure it'll keep a good value, judging by the Wrangler.