Sponsored

Ford & Dealer refused to honor price protection amount listed on Ford's FAQ website

donjulio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did Ford customer service and my dealer fail to honor the price protection rebate amount stipulated on Ford's website? I showed my dealer - Sunrise Ford North Hollywood - the website, which shows my 4 door Badlands should have a $2,575 rebate amount but they refused to give me any more than $825. They told me to call Ford customer service, which was of no help too. Does anyone know what I can do to collect the total amount owed to me?

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...hy are there price increases for the 2022 MY?
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you place a reservation or an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize, I misread your original post. You received the $825 which is all you are entitled to receive. I believe the $2,575 is for the recent price increase.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
from another thread....

Looks like Ford increased the price again! What does that means to folks who already placed the order?

Base: $30,800/$34,700
Big Bend: $35,285/$37,380
Black Diamond: $37,950/$40,045
Outer Banks: $40,855/42,950
Badlands: $44,495/$46,590
Wildtrack: $49,780/$51,225

Updated with latest bulletin on price protection, posted by @notbuildingrockets

A bulletin was just emailed last night to employees:

• All customers with a 21MY Bronco reservation or order that was placed as of March 24th, 2021 and subsequently converted to a 22MY Bronco order are eligible to receive price protection.
  • MIC Hardtop orders: All retail customers with an order placed by August 20th, 2021 not able to be built as a 21MY due to the MIC Hardtop commodity restriction are eligible to receive price protection
Eligible customer orders have each been issued a Price Protection Certificate in the amount of the Price Protection being offered (difference between 22MY price level and 21MY price level). Certificates do not factor in any mid-year 22MY Bronco price increases. For any additional 22MY Bronco price increases, Dealers can claim price protection under the standard process (See MBG # 2021-15N: Price Protection Refresher for a reminder of the Price Protection process)

A list of eligible retail orders, with price protection amounts, will be available from your DSM

Price Protection Application: Supplementary Delivery Allowance

• The price protection certificate amounts will be treated as a supplementary Delivery Allowance and applied as a reduction to the vehicle-selling price to the End User in the full amount of the applicable price protection certificate amount.

• In all cases where price protection certificates are claimed, 100% of the price protection certificate amount must be passed onto the customer.

• The selling price on the End User's buyer's agreement should be shown as the amount net of the price protection certificate amount in addition to any offered Delivery Allowance support available at the time of vehicle sale. The intent is to reduce the vehicle-selling price to the End User by the total amount of offered Price Protection and Delivery Allowance support (if offered).
To summarize price protection:

What is price protection?
  • Ford guarantees the price of a factory ordered vehicle based on the price level in effect at the time of the order date.
  • If there is a price increase after the order date, Ford will calculate the difference and reimburse the dealer via SmartVincent.

To summarize price protection:

This program will run from Dec 16, 2021 - Dec 31, 2023.

Important to note are the dates listed and the fact that 100% of the price protection must be passed on to the customer, so ensure that your dealer is doing that. Ask your sales person and then ask their sales manager. Don't leave money on the table. We've already waited long enough and some of us have had mark-ups and other games played. Get every penny you can for the shit show that has been this ordering process!
and

Price protection isn't as easy as someone posted on the other page. On the Bronco, it literally has two forms of price protection. The first was the certificate which protected the increase from 2021 to 2022, which is claimed by the dealers as a rebate using SmartVincent. That piece is easy. Mid-model year price increases are also price protected, but claimed differently by dealers and only paid to dealers once per month on the dealer payment statement. The payment shows up anywhere from 30-45 days after the sale. Because of this, most dealers won't always give it to you upfront. Its a more difficult process to track the payment. Just an FYI.
So you should get the money from the dealer in a month or two (how that effects taxes is another kettle of fish)

edit;
Yes, I assumed you were hit with the mid year price increase as well, if that is not the case, the amount you got is correct.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs