Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they planned on avoiding the pinch weld, and mount to body only, I would have put more clearance to the pinch weld. Seems tight given the flexing going on in the video
Makes me wonder what’s flexing, the sliders or the body. Something obviously is.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How do I get on a waiting list for the 2DR sets? Have been watching all Fabricators and 2DR seems to be the 'Red Headed Step Child'.
Sign up for our email newsletter here and you'll be notified as soon as they are available, and/or if we do a waiting list.

http://eepurl.com/hUOzij

Thank you.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok been thinkin about this design a lot. Typically a true rock slider attaches to the frame, bolted or welded. GOAT decided to forego the frame and simply attach to the OEM body “slider” locations with a beefy bracket.

Why not ALSO attach to the pinch weld? The flexing in the video might not happen and simply push up the vehicle ever so slightly if the pinch weld included in the load reaction.

This reminds me of when I tie down a motorcycle in a trailer. If done correctly, when you shake the bike the entire trailer should move and ZERO movement between motorcycle and trailer. When load is introduced on the slider, the vehicle should move and no relative movement between truck and slider. This avoids slamming slider INTO truck.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have been testing, tweaking and testing again, but we have finally made it to our production level Rock Slider. The video above shows off the performance we have been able to achieve.

These are the final production version, other than they WILL COME POWDERCOATED. These are just bare for testing purposes.

SPECS:

Sub-Structure Mounted
Fully Welded and Gusseted 1/4" Steel Plate Mounts
2" .134 Wall Steel Tube
3 Mounting Points
Includes all Mounting Hardware
Mounts to Factory Locations. No cutting, drilling or welding needed.
Comes with 2-Stage Primer & Black Texture Powdercoat
Not compatible with factory rock rails

Barring any unforeseen setbacks, we expect to be selling and shipping in 5-6 weeks.
MSRP: $985 pair with Free Shipping

Our first batch will be sold direct with a special introductory discount TBD. Following that batch we will then be fully stocking and selling exclusively through distributors.

A 2-Door version will be next in line, and we don't expect those to be too far behind the 4-Door. A version compatible with factory rock rails will follow after the 2-Door. No ETA on those at this time.
Am I just seeing this wrong? At .48 it looks like the rail just flexed up into the rocker.
Also what kind of tubing are you using? DOM, ERW, other?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok been thinkin about this design a lot. Typically a true rock slider attaches to the frame, bolted or welded. GOAT decided to forego the frame and simply attach to the OEM body “slider” locations with a beefy bracket.

Why not ALSO attach to the pinch weld? The flexing in the video might not happen and simply push up the vehicle ever so slightly if the pinch weld included in the load reaction.

This reminds me of when I tie down a motorcycle in a trailer. If done correctly, when you shake the bike the entire trailer should move and ZERO movement between motorcycle and trailer. When load is introduced on the slider, the vehicle should move and no relative movement between truck and slider. This avoids slamming slider INTO truck.

We reviewed numerous mounting options and risked our Bronco's to determine the strongest best mounting. This is so we can stand by our lifetime warranty. We will have more content showing abuse and protection in the coming weeks.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Am I just seeing this wrong? At .48 it looks like the rail just flexed up into the rocker.
Also what kind of tubing are you using? DOM, ERW, other?
It is the video cut/speed that makes it look like that. DOM Tubing.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford “believes” their OEM sliders are acceptable and I’m assuming (ass u me) they did some testing, the pinch welds should be in the reaction load equation. Pics attached are OEM sliders. Kinda wondering why they not use that middle bolt location. Has no other use except for rock rails or steps. After all this I might be changing my direction and look deeper at Go Rhino DS Sliders, but even these don’t use that middle bolt location. Maybe the final sweet spot is a slider that mounts to pinch weld AND both under body locations. GOAT could still go this route

4E737D75-8BBF-44D3-AE47-B16DF56C1322.png

B313D707-DCAB-4ADA-8D55-5EF447039CD9.png

E3CDABFB-172B-43FF-95AA-4F5EE1A2117E.png

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is the video cut/speed that makes it look like that. DOM Tubing.

No doubt the steel tubing is stronger than the body, but something is certainly deflecting in the video. Most likely the body at the mount location.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any ETA as to when we can preorder?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any ETA as to when we can preorder?
We're 5-6 weeks out from production completion, ordering and shipping. If we do a preorder prior to that we will announce it closer to that date on this forum thread and first through our email list.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication GOATRS4D-C

The Time Has Come!

After much testing, tweaking and supply chain kung-fu, we are happy to announce that our GOAT Bronco 4-Door Rock Sliders will be going on sale this Friday!

These will be sold direct with a special introductory price of $985 with FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING. Expected lead time from date of order is 3 weeks.

We greatly appreciate your patience as we worked diligently to bring you a product that we are 100% confident you will love on your Bronco.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication GOATRS4D-C

The Time Has Come!

After much testing, tweaking and supply chain kung-fu, we are happy to announce that our GOAT Bronco 4-Door Rock Sliders will be going on sale this Friday!

These will be sold direct with a special introductory price of $985 with FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING. Expected lead time from date of order is 3 weeks.

We greatly appreciate your patience as we worked diligently to bring you a product that we are 100% confident you will love on your Bronco.
Please help me understand why you didn’t connect to the pinch weld as well or at least keep bracket away to allow flex and NOT impact the edge of the pinch weld. Have you considered an extra bracket I’ve drawn in green with blue bolts thru pinch weld?

F3A1B953-5838-4794-99E0-511F5C7BFBC7.jpeg
Sponsored