Sponsored

Ford asking dealership reason for cancellation?

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealership called telling me Ford wants to know why I canceled my order. Seems strange that Ford wouldn't send out a survey or something, and that my terrible experience with the dealership should be passed on by that same dealership to Ford. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually find it reassuring that they are asking. We all know dealerships aren’t always the best at owning up to stuff.

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cancelled mine once I found another one that wasn't stuck on the mountain. Hope Ford doesn't ding my dealer for my cancellation and gives me a chance to tell them why. I'd be even happier if he still got it in stock to sell once/if it does get finished in a couple of months. I like my dealer.

Clemmy

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MachE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did not cancel my order but dealer said Ford has started asking for confirmation from actual customer( if cancelled) to keep dealers from placing ghost orders from fake customers to then sell (and add ADM) as stock units. I have both my Bronco order as well as a Mustang Mach e for my wife pending at the same dealership.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sounds like BS, I cancelled mine today and the dealer didn’t ask for a reason or anything.

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually find it reassuring that they are asking. We all know dealerships aren’t always the best at owning up to stuff.
Agree with you, but if Ford wants the feedback, and if the reason for canceling is the dealership, it seems a bit counterintuitive. Who's to say my shitty dealership isn't going to either "paraphrase" or just not forward my feedback about them to Ford?

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford does not care. Seriously.

If Ford cared, then they wouldn’t have watered down the name match requirement.

If Ford cared, then they would have made the Raptor hand-raiser allocations mean something more than ‘Your dealer can charge whatever they want and if you don’t like it then the dealer gets rewarded with your hand-raiser allocation.’

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancelled mine once I found another one that wasn't stuck on the mountain. Hope Ford doesn't ding my dealer for my cancellation and gives me a chance to tell them why. I'd be even happier if he still got it in stock to sell once/if it does get finished in a couple of months. I like my dealer.
Once you get a VIN assigned the Bronco is being built and shipped to your dealer regardless if you canceled or not. The dealer will get dinged on the name match policy (not selling to the original reservation holder), however, the penalty threshold was lowered from an 80% match to a 60% match so there is plenty of wiggle room. Your dealer will welcome the cancelation and opportunity to sell your Bronco off the lot at a premium.

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with you, but if Ford wants the feedback, and if the reason for canceling is the dealership, it seems a bit counterintuitive. Who's to say my shitty dealership isn't going to either "paraphrase" or just not forward my feedback about them to Ford?
Right, that’s my point. I was under the assumption ford was asking you directly.

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right, that’s my point. I was under the assumption ford was asking you directly.
Nah it was my dealership claiming they're asking on Ford's behalf. If Ford asked directly, I'd have a little more faith.

Flippedr6

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got an email update from my dealer saying it is in production. They asked if I still wanted it and if not Ford would need a reason why. I'm taking delivery of it so that didn't apply.
Sponsored