Sponsored

Weathertech or Rubber Ford Mats (vinyl floor)

OP
OP
BluePonyGT

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I went with the weathertech mats up front and the cargo area. Fit perfectly. However, there doesn't seem to be an option for the 2nd row?
Sponsored

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 4 door with vinyl floors and the Ford mats are great. They don’t move at all and appear to be quite durable. The color is identical and making the mats appear pretty seamless with the rest of the interior.

KatieB75

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Ford mats for my 4 door BL and they are in there tight. No movement and the back had to bend to get them in. I’m impressed with how well they fit into the floor grooves. I can’t see them going anywhere.

gmac

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not had the same experience as others. My Ford mats that overlap in back move around a lot especially off road. The passenger side front moves a lot. Thankfully the drivers does not.
find a different option imo. We took them out on the trail it was so annoying.
2021 Black Diamond with vinyl

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to chime in with X-act contours. No moving around for me in my 4 door wash out floor. The drivers side one does un-clip from only one of the clips but it has yet to cause any concerns or troubles for me. I don’t necessarily have a bias towards the X-Act line but they’ve been my go to for my vehicles

Sponsored
OP
OP
BluePonyGT

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not had the same experience as others. My Ford mats that overlap in back move around a lot especially off road. The passenger side front moves a lot. Thankfully the drivers does not.
find a different option imo. We took them out on the trail it was so annoying.
2021 Black Diamond with vinyl
Do you happen to have carpet or a rubber floor underneath?

BCFDLtE13

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there is some confusion between Ford's floor mats and their floor liners. The liners are much more substantial and have a 1 piece 2nd row.

OP
OP
BluePonyGT

BluePonyGT

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I ordered the front/rear rubber mats from Levittown Ford and I have to say they're a crowd favorite. The front weathertechs are going to be useful either when the weather gets bad again, or we'll use them if we're doing some serious stomping around in the mud, but the ones from ford fit really nice, and even if the back isn't 1-piece and it overlaps the piece on the passenger rear side it stays in place and I like it.

I did put them in while it was dark out and accidentally put the rear ones in backwards. Ugh that was terrible. but once they're in place the right way the look really good and don't slide around like the really terrible carpet squares they put in there by default.

+1 vote on the ford rubber mats.

Weathertechs are great, but they're for harder duty for sure.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to chime in with X-act contours. No moving around for me in my 4 door wash out floor. The drivers side one does un-clip from only one of the clips but it has yet to cause any concerns or troubles for me. I don’t necessarily have a bias towards the X-Act line but they’ve been my go to for my vehicles
Hey Drew, do your X-Act contours have cleats / spikes on the underside? If so, it seems like they would prevent the liner from sitting flush with the vinyl floor (I’m assuming they were designed for carpet). Is that not an issue in the way I’m thinking?
Also, now that you’ve had and been using them for some time, have the cleats caused any damage to the vinyl flooring? Thinking about scratches or scuffs over time. Thanks.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there is some confusion between Ford's floor mats and their floor liners. The liners are much more substantial and have a 1 piece 2nd row.
Can you link to what you’re referring to? Everything Ford I’m seeing appears to be a 2 piece second row.
eg this one
Sponsored