Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pure speculation, but based on the available evidence gives me the initial concern that "as originally planned" the Mid, High and Luxury packages could require an automatic transmission and not be available for those that choose a manual stick.

This is not just simply because some features in the package like "remote start" require an automatic transmission, but specifically any of the models that come with a mid package or higher as standard do not have a manual transmission as an option at all. I originally assumed the packages would be available, but without the features that require an automatic transmission.

Click for the comparison PDF

Outer Banks, Wildtrak and First Edition are all prime examples that include a higher than standard "package" in the PDF and are not available in a manual transmission at all. I was looking at it, because I was thinking I would probably go with the Outer Banks model if it allowed for a manual and I began to wonder why there was no manual option.

I'm assuming that the features in a package cannot be added à la carte. I hope I'm wrong, but currently I have a feeling those who choose the manual will be stuck with a lower amount of luxury options simply because they prefer a stick (for example, the larger touchscreen should have nothing to do with the choice of auto or manual transmission).

Hopefully Ford is listening to the manual sasquatch requests, because it could allow for an expanded set of options for manual owners. At the least, it would allow me to add the sasquatch package without a second thought, because I won't have much to choose from beyond accessories.

I understand in the past 10 years manuals have become so rare their is hardly anything left that is created new from the factory that allows for it, but I'm willing to forego any option or luxury to simply drive a stick.

Ford, please give me the option to give you more money.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same conspiracy boat. I'm sure they've locked us manual enthusiasts out of the Lux package and probably the High package too.

Edit: The mid package is likely available with manual transmission, because it has the caveat "automatic transmission only" next to remote start. None of the package descriptions, including Sasquatch, note anything that precludes the manual, but as we know per Mr. Levine the Sasquatch is not available with a manual.

Edit 2: I want the Lux package

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BB is the only one that shares the same grille style, has carpet and cloth seats that you can get with a manual. It's no surprise though that the higher trim packages are auto only with the added option levels. Yes, I like manuals too but we are in the minority, so order it while you can with what you can.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wouldnt be the first time the manual trans option prevented other options from being selected. Subaru had that issue for years. You could not get higher trims w/ a manual.

OP
OP
Crowza

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BB is the only one that shares the same grille style, has carpet and cloth seats that you can get with a manual. It's no surprise though that the higher trim packages are auto only with the added option levels. Yes, I like manuals too but we are in the minority, so order it while you can with what you can.
I do kind of feel like this may be the last chance I ever have to order anything new with a manual transmission again. I've only owned a single automatic in my life (current car) due to circumstances beyond my control and I hate it.

I'm going to make the most of it, and order the most as Ford allows. Right now, it's a Big Bend with as many options as possible (maybe a Badlands depending on how the pricing falls) and I'll wait for fully driving cars on my next vehicle if I can't order a stick. I mean, if you are driving an automatic, you might as well let the car do everything else for you, too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Crowza

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wouldnt be the first time the manual trans option prevented other options from being selected. Subaru had that issue for years. You could not get higher trims w/ a manual.
That is very true. I just see this as the last option for a new manual transmission if I'm owning this for the next ten years and I'm just hoping I can load it as much as possible.

jonboy1225

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A long list of 3 pedalers, and various tow trucks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really think the Trail Turn Assist is the main reason Sasquatch/Manual is a problem. Be really easy to damage or stall the truck with abuse or carelessness.

They have to warranty these vehicles and hedge losses

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's my sincere belief that Ford had no idea how WELL RECEIVED the manual trans would be! Now the packaging gets complicated as some bundled options don't work w/manual trans...remote start being the most obvious! Hopefully when build and price is done, they will have hammered it all out now that they have a good feel for what the demand is!

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you may be wrong. Couple things I have seen; I watched a dealer video explaining that the only item from the Mid package that can't be ordered 'a la carte' and has to come with the complete package is the dual zone climate. In one of the moab videos, it shows the manual badlands with the dual zone. This again may be one of Fords famous one off 'unobtainium' things, but since it's a test mule and not a show car it's less likely. I have a screenshot, it's a little blurry because the camera was shaking but it's pretty evident that it's the dual zone tied to a manual.
Ford Bronco Concerns about Manual Transmission/Package Availability Screenshot_20200816-092030_Chrome
Ford Bronco Concerns about Manual Transmission/Package Availability Screenshot_20200816-092030_Chrome

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had a 5 speed Escape, after a year or two Ford stopped selling them. My thought is getting a factory stick is buying something that may not be available in 22 or 23.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Crowza

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you may be wrong. Couple things I have seen; I watched a dealer video explaining that the only item from the Mid package that can't be ordered 'a la carte' and has to come with the complete package is the dual zone climate. In one of the moab videos, it shows the manual badlands with the dual zone. This again may be one of Fords famous one off 'unobtainium' things, but since it's a test mule and not a show car it's less likely. I have a screenshot, it's a little blurry because the camera was shaking but it's pretty evident that it's the dual zone tied to a manual.
If the dealer is correct, then just knowing that things can be ordered à la carte from a package options makes me very happy! Honestly, I would love if they made them as configurable as possible.

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is pure speculation, but based on the available evidence gives me the initial concern that "as originally planned" the Mid, High and Luxury packages could require an automatic transmission and not be available for those that choose a manual stick.

This is not just simply because some features in the package like "remote start" require an automatic transmission, but specifically any of the models that come with a mid package or higher as standard do not have a manual transmission as an option at all. I originally assumed the packages would be available, but without the features that require an automatic transmission.

Click for the comparison PDF

Outer Banks, Wildtrak and First Edition are all prime examples that include a higher than standard "package" in the PDF and are not available in a manual transmission at all. I was looking at it, because I was thinking I would probably go with the Outer Banks model if it allowed for a manual and I began to wonder why there was no manual option.

I'm assuming that the features in a package cannot be added à la carte. I hope I'm wrong, but currently I have a feeling those who choose the manual will be stuck with a lower amount of luxury options simply because they prefer a stick (for example, the larger touchscreen should have nothing to do with the choice of auto or manual transmission).

Hopefully Ford is listening to the manual sasquatch requests, because it could allow for an expanded set of options for manual owners. At the least, it would allow me to add the sasquatch package without a second thought, because I won't have much to choose from beyond accessories.

I understand in the past 10 years manuals have become so rare their is hardly anything left that is created new from the factory that allows for it, but I'm willing to forego any option or luxury to simply drive a stick.

Ford, please give me the option to give you more money.
You can't really throw the Wildtrak and First Edition into this as these two trim levels come standard with the 2.7L v6, which is automatic only.

The Outer Banks is targeted at people that want a Bronco and luxury items, but not really going to take it really off road past maybe a gravel or dirt road. A majority of these buyers will probably want the automatic anyways.

Of the rest, the only edition that has more than the mid package available that comes standard with the manual is the Badlands. Right now, the only package Ford has shared that requires the automatic is the Sasquatch package. While it may be fun to speculate, we really won't know what Ford intends until the build and price tool is available. I know I'll have to really debate if I want to order a Bronco if I can't get at least the High Package with the manual.

OP
OP
Crowza

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can't really throw the Wildtrak and First Edition into this as these two trim levels come standard with the 2.7L v6, which is automatic only.
That is a great point, thank you. Even though I would love to see it, I think we have zero chance of getting the V6 in a manual transmission.

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really think the Trail Turn Assist is the main reason Sasquatch/Manual is a problem. Be really easy to damage or stall the truck with abuse or carelessness.

They have to warranty these vehicles and hedge losses
Trail turn assist comes with the automatic regardless if you option the Sasquatch package or not.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The BL can be ordered with the Mid pkg which includes the dual zone, so far I don't see anything that would rule that out with a manual. My plan is still a manual BL with Mid and the optional wheels with 33" AT's. If the Mid rules out the manual then I'm going back to a GTI!
Sponsored