William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

One thing to add to all this, is that the V6, auto, Sasquatch options will more than likely still be there next model year but who knows with the manual. If you hate it with the 2.3 or without the squatch pkg or can't budget the BL or aftermarket parts to match/exceed Oem then sell it, I doubt you'll lose anything and probably get more than you paid with all the demand so far!
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing to add to all this, is that the V6, auto, Sasquatch options will more than likely still be there next model year but who knows with the manual. If you hate it with the 2.3 or without the squatch pkg or can't budget the BL or aftermarket parts to match/exceed Oem then sell it, I doubt you'll lose anything and probably get more than you paid with all the demand so far!
This is what I was thinking . Go for the 2.3 Manual and if for some reason I can’t stand it, trade or sell and get a 2.7, maybe lightly used so someone else took the initial depreciation hit and I would lose very little if anything

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I doubt you'll lose anything and probably get more than you paid with all the demand so far!
I'm all for buying the manual while available, because who knows how long that will be the case. However, nobody is going to be making a profit flipping a Bronco. I fully expect a low depreciation curve, much like the Wrangler, but you're still looking at 10% off the lot at the very best while they're in short supply. Probably 15-20 after that.

Reactions: RLW

jonboy1225

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A long list of 3 pedalers, and various tow trucks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trail turn assist comes with the automatic regardless if you option the Sasquatch package or not.
Ahhh, yeah that may be the case. Either way unfortunately we're just making educated guesses until option pricing and building goes live. Arghh the anticipation!

In late model vehicles, manual transmissions do actual complicate things retroactively. Also allow a more mechanical link to making stupid mistakes, again warranty and losses.

The electronic auto transmission controls are tied into so many functions of the vehicle network. There will always be trade-offs. Personally I'm okay with a stripped down Base, as that's MOST like the early Bronco to which it heavily pays homage to. The fact it comes with 8" touchscreen and SYNC 3/4? (unsure if 4 is the 12"only) exceeded my expectations, Rangers, F-Series, Mustangs etc enter the market with a much less capable infotainment system!

I also live in a much lower cost of living area, which affects MSRP none whatsoever, but does affect income even for skilled individuals. So I want a low entry price, and a blank canvas. Most importantly I want a 7 speed over anything else, even if that means open diffs. I can upgrade once I stop caring about new paint ?

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really think the Trail Turn Assist is the main reason Sasquatch/Manual is a problem. Be really easy to damage or stall the truck with abuse or carelessness.

They have to warranty these vehicles and hedge losses
The reply to the Forum's question was "trail control" which is a low speed cruise control which necessitates an automatic transmission.
Edit: Trail Turn Assist uses "torque vectoring" just like The Focus RS did and it had a manual transmission.

@Lowcountry Bronco - The Mid package description has a caveat on the remote start of "automatic only" which implies that you can get Mid with the manual.

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crowza you are worried about nothing. What will more than likely happen is you will not get those features that require an automatic. The mustang has had remote start since 2011 but only if you get the Auto. Basically any item in the Packages that requires an Automatic transmission will not be available if you stay with the manual Tans. You will still be able to get the MID, High or Lux packages depending on the trim options.

TMWSTW1984

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reply to the Forum's question was "trail control" which is a low-speed cruise control that necessitates an automatic transmission.
Edit: Trail Turn Assist uses "torque vectoring" just like The Focus RS did and it had a manual transmission.
I've been pointing that out the whole time. I bet you they just copy and paste the code from the drift mode for the turn assist which begs the question, why no manual? If they are afraid of stalling, a person who is using that feature with a stick will know to give the system some gas, hell you could have the computer control the throttle. Also, did anyone stall out their RS while in drift mode while drifting?. I really want to see a ford engineers explanation in this one.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really think the Trail Turn Assist is the main reason Sasquatch/Manual is a problem. Be really easy to damage or stall the truck with abuse or carelessness.

They have to warranty these vehicles and hedge losses
Then don't have TTA on the Mansquatch. I don't understand why this is an issue for Ford.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been pointing that out the whole time. I bet you they just copy and paste the code from the drift mode for the turn assist which begs the question, why no manual? If they are afraid of stalling, a person who is using that feature with a stick will know to give the system some gas, hell you could have the computer control the throttle. Also, did anyone stall out their RS while in drift mode while drifting?. I really want to see a ford engineers explanation in this one.
No you guys are not understanding the "trail control" feature. It's not well named, but what it does is acts like a "two foot" technique when rock crawling. That's how U "crawl" w/auto trans...U trail brake w/your left foot so the truck doesn't slam down the other side of the obstacle. W/trail control turned on the computer does this for you w/a single pedal. OBVIOUSLY when crawling a manual trans truck U don't do this...a granny gear will provide enough engine braking to sort of act that way just by using the skinny pedal (really it works). It's all on Ford's website...but U gotta dig through it to find the info

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford even makes adaptive cruise control for a manual transmission and it works. You won't find an engineer giving you a logical answer that doesn't end with "that's how the higher-ups want it."

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No you guys are not understanding the "trail control" feature. It's not well named, but what it does is acts like a "two foot" technique when rock crawling. That's how U "crawl" w/auto trans...U trail brake w/your left foot so the truck doesn't slam down the other side of the obstacle. W/trail control turned on the computer does this for you w/a single pedal. OBVIOUSLY when crawling a manual trans truck U don't do this...a granny gear will provide enough engine braking to sort of act that way just by using the skinny pedal (really it works). It's all on Ford's website...but U gotta dig through it to find the info
You missed that he is talking about Trail Turn Assist. They are two different things and I understand them.

KillaC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96’ wrangler, 18’ GTI, 20’ 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The BL can be ordered with the Mid pkg which includes the dual zone, so far I don't see anything that would rule that out with a manual. My plan is still a manual BL with Mid and the optional wheels with 33" AT's. If the Mid rules out the manual then I'm going back to a GTI!
I’ll sell you my 2018 GTI I’ll be trading for a bronco ?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You missed that he is talking about Trail Turn Assist. They are two different things and I understand them.
Ya that they could probably make work...but it sounds like they just packaged it together w/trail control. Really doubt I will miss those features. Again the pidgeonhole options approach kinda gets thrown sideways by manual trans...but at least we got one to choose!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm all for buying the manual while available, because who knows how long that will be the case. However, nobody is going to be making a profit flipping a Bronco. I fully expect a low depreciation curve, much like the Wrangler, but you're still looking at 10% off the lot at the very best while they're in short supply. Probably 15-20 after that.
There's going to be plenty of brand new "used" Broncos immediately available for way over cost once deliveries start. Reservation builds are out until 2022, so nothing will be on the lots until then, so if you hate it there will be someone who will buy it.

For longterm definitely agree, Jeeps hold their value, my wife's FJ too!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ll sell you my 2018 GTI I’ll be trading for a bronco ?
I sold my 2018 GTI SE in DIB and plaid with 16k miles and yes, manual to Carvana right after I made my reservation! You might want to look at that option, the deal they made me was too good to pass up.
Sponsored