Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd like to start off by saying that I understand production issues, I understand getting parts from suppliers, then mandates and shutdowns kill those supplies mucking up production. I don't understand why allocations changed, but not what this is about. I get the frustration from people when Jeep can pop out a 4xe or another Wrangler weeks after order, but Jeep has had those suppliers and probably backup suppliers in place for a very long time. Bronco parts probably not as long being a brand new vehicle. Ford probably could have done a better job on securing multiple suppliers. Whatever our opinions are the one thing that most of us can agree on is hindsight is 20/20.

My issue is the one thing, THE ONE THING that Ford should be able to fully control and to make sure it's done right, is shipping your vehicle to the right flipping state. My (and at least 2 others in my area) Bronco was on rail and on route to it's destination. I tracked the rail daily, expecting it's final destination to be the Portland Rail Yard in Oregon. Low and behold about 4 weeks ago, tracking stops in Richmond CA. After a couple weeks tracking says that my bronco has been released to the customer, BNSF, and that the rail car was released in, wait for it, Richmond CA. I finally got out of my dealer (not their fault, confirmed from other 2's dealer as well) that @Ford Motor Company sent our bronco's to the wrong state, and now they are sitting at the BNSF Automotive Facility in Richmond CA, and they don't know how long before they can get it up to us! I get that there's a driver shortage, but now I don't care. I have not been waiting as long as some others, but I know that one of those Broncos belong to a July 2020 reservation holder and this, THIS is unacceptable. We wait, we take the BS of a unpainted tailgate, bad valves in a particular date range of the 2.7, various other things that are QC issues. But the complete incompetence of not making sure deliveries are going to the right location boggles my mind.

All due respect to the employees at Ford and those in the positions of shipping, I acknowledge that I do not know your job or what it entails, but how can this happen? I don't know if Ford is putting pressure on getting Broncos sent out and not pushing for proper checks and balances or what the deal is, but Ford as a company needs to straighten out the one thing, ONE THING they should be able to manage properly which is getting the vehicle to the right state, right rail yard, and not miss the destination by 619 miles. And to top it all off, we can't go and get it. Give me the OK, sign whatever forms and I will do the 20 hour round trip to get my vehicle and take this off your plate since it seems to be a hassle to double check that a Bronco gets delivered to the right place.

This could be an issue with CSX and BNSF, I DON"T CARE! It's Ford's responsibility to make sure the delivery address is correct on the paperwork, and if shipping gets messed up it should get resolved ASAP and not "we don't know when we can get it up to you", (what my dealer was told from Ford). "We don't know when we can get it up to you" is unacceptable, figure it out!

I'm not the type to go all negative on something and I'm usually a pretty understanding person. I guess I was thinking that I was near the end of the production melee that is creating a Bronco, and technically I guess I am. Now my Bronco sits miss shipped, which was totally something that most motor companies seem to be able to handle properly.

Rant over, continue on with your lives, thank you for reading.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They should at least refund our shipping fees. As you know, I’m equally as angry at Ford.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have heard BNSF referred to as FNBS.
Hope it gets straightened out for you.

Shelli

Black Diamond
First Name
Shelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd like to start off by saying that I understand production issues, I understand getting parts from suppliers, then mandates and shutdowns kill those supplies mucking up production. I don't understand why allocations changed, but not what this is about. I get the frustration from people when Jeep can pop out a 4xe or another Wrangler weeks after order, but Jeep has had those suppliers and probably backup suppliers in place for a very long time. Bronco parts probably not as long being a brand new vehicle. Ford probably could have done a better job on securing multiple suppliers. Whatever our opinions are the one thing that most of us can agree on is hindsight is 20/20.

My issue is the one thing, THE ONE THING that Ford should be able to fully control and to make sure it's done right, is shipping your vehicle to the right flipping state. My (and at least 2 others in my area) Bronco was on rail and on route to it's destination. I tracked the rail daily, expecting it's final destination to be the Portland Rail Yard in Oregon. Low and behold about 4 weeks ago, tracking stops in Richmond CA. After a couple weeks tracking says that my bronco has been released to the customer, BNSF, and that the rail car was released in, wait for it, Richmond CA. I finally got out of my dealer (not their fault, confirmed from other 2's dealer as well) that @Ford Motor Company sent our bronco's to the wrong state, and now they are sitting at the BNSF Automotive Facility in Richmond CA, and they don't know how long before they can get it up to us! I get that there's a driver shortage, but now I don't care. I have not been waiting as long as some others, but I know that one of those Broncos belong to a July 2020 reservation holder and this, THIS is unacceptable. We wait, we take the BS of a unpainted tailgate, bad valves in a particular date range of the 2.7, various other things that are QC issues. But the complete incompetence of not making sure deliveries are going to the right location boggles my mind.

All due respect to the employees at Ford and those in the positions of shipping, I acknowledge that I do not know your job or what it entails, but how can this happen? I don't know if Ford is putting pressure on getting Broncos sent out and not pushing for proper checks and balances or what the deal is, but Ford as a company needs to straighten out the one thing, ONE THING they should be able to manage properly which is getting the vehicle to the right state, right rail yard, and not miss the destination by 619 miles. And to top it all off, we can't go and get it. Give me the OK, sign whatever forms and I will do the 20 hour round trip to get my vehicle and take this off your plate since it seems to be a hassle to double check that a Bronco gets delivered to the right place.

This could be an issue with CSX and BNSF, I DON"T CARE! It's Ford's responsibility to make sure the delivery address is correct on the paperwork, and if shipping gets messed up it should get resolved ASAP and not "we don't know when we can get it up to you", (what my dealer was told from Ford). "We don't know when we can get it up to you" is unacceptable, figure it out!

I'm not the type to go all negative on something and I'm usually a pretty understanding person. I guess I was thinking that I was near the end of the production melee that is creating a Bronco, and technically I guess I am. Now my Bronco sits miss shipped, which was totally something that most motor companies seem to be able to handle properly.

Rant over, continue on with your lives, thank you for reading.
Reply I agree with the other persons post I would be arguing over the delivery fee.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tracked another person who was on the same rail car as you (and I agree it is ridiculous) so I'm familiar as can be with your situation. I don't know what exactly happened, but there was an issue with the paperwork on the rail car at interchange in Chicago. I don't know who's fault it was, but ultimately it comes down to the CSX, they are the shipper.

Unfortunately, the way these things work out, once a rail car gets headed in the wrong direction its difficult to get it going the right way. I don't know why they took you to Richmond and unloaded it there, but I wouldn't of made that decision. I also don't know if when they fixed the paperwork in Chicago if that's when the mistake was made that directed it that way.

Now, as far as Ford is concerned, when they book a load with the rails, its like you and I sending a package UPS. You tell them where to pick it up, where to drop it off and you leave the rest to UPS. Also, just like when you and I ship UPS, when the package doesn't get there on time you don't have much in terms of options but to get on the customer service line and demand answers. I pretty much guarantee that's going on right now and believe me Ford is not a customer either of the railroads want angry at them.

I agree with you that this has gone on long enough and frankly I wished I could give you more clarity but I don't deal with BNSF or the Richmond ramp so there's nothing more that I can find out. Unfortunately, logistics companies don't handle situations like this very well.

Sponsored

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would we even get someone from ford with authority to discuss a refund? I’m certain my dealer isn’t going to is it for me. I can ask, I just don’t see them stepping in on that request.

aermtr

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broflaps.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500 CFTP, 65 Cobra and '23 Badlands 2.3 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would we even get someone from ford with authority to discuss a refund? I’m certain my dealer isn’t going to is it for me. I can ask, I just don’t see them stepping in on that request.
My Bronco with a destination to Hermiston also got dumped in Richmond. I wonder how many PNW cars and trucks were impacted? I plan on writing an email and a letter to Jim Farley, because I agree, nobody seems to care all that much. In fact, I was the one to tell my dealer my Bronco was there in the first place. My train car #, which I now have memorized, was TTGX697147.

Reactions: fv9

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the guy on 1Five1 Garage on YouTube had issues like this. Took like 1.5 months to get it and by the time they were able to figure out where it was it was on its way back to MI because it wasn't picked up. I'd be pissed...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well this seems par for the course, it's clear, Ford cannot walk and chew gum at the same time.

Sponsored

Here4fun

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco 4 door wld trk lux package carbonized gr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only problem with trying to get that fee refunded is Ford doesn’t owe a duty to us. They aren’t selling to us, they are selling to the dealer. Sure, they know there is a customer satisfaction deal here, but keep in mind we aren’t the real customer.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Richmond is the largest auto delivery hub on the west coast. Your bronco should go onto a truck with other various fords and be shipped up to you. Mine went there also then was shipped via semi truck to the dealer. Did you think it was going to be taken by rail directly to the dealership???

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Only problem with trying to get that fee refunded is Ford doesn’t owe a duty to us. They aren’t selling to us, they are selling to the dealer. Sure, they know there is a customer satisfaction deal here, but keep in mind we aren’t the real customer.
Yes, but we are the REAL Consumers, play word games all you like.

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, but we are the REAL Consumers, play word games all you like.
Huh? Are you mad at me or something? I wasnt playing word games. I’m one of the ones whose Bronco is sitting in CA. Just analyzing the situation.
Sponsored