Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Boy, where to start...
I guess line by line;

No, allocations did not exist for the Bronco during the initial reservation period. Ford hyped it as a new way to sell cars. You picked any dealer you preferred and you would get built before dealer stock and in order (roughly). That was it. The entire basis for any reservation system. You reserve or you wait until all other reservations are filled before being able to get one. That takes care of your first point about everybody knowing about how allocations work. There simply weren't any, they were implicitly included with each reservation in priority order of timestamp. There is no wiggle room or discussion on that point. Ford suckered in a lot of people before pulling the bait and switch on it.

Ford stopping new orders, this was about the only thing Ford communicated to the reservation holders via email, the rest of it has never been communicated to us (you know things from the forum and internet, but you go back to your emails and see exactly what Ford did to keep you informed. It was not much. They did not point out that they were stopping the all reservations before dealer stock, they did not point out that allocations no longer went with the reservation (which was implicit in the original terms), Ford simply and sneakily updated the terms and condition without notification of same and pretended it was always that way. As far as dealers being over-provisioned, No, not in the slightest, I am unaware of any dealer having more resources then the peak demand they have at the dealership. I suspect you do not understand the term 'over-provisioned' and have used it incorrectly as it does not fit in with your argument. If you actually meant under-provisioned, then yes, all dealers are under-provisioned.

Granger did not over sell. That is the point that the apologists and Ford proper keeps glossing over; Granger did not order a bajillion Broncos for stock to sell, each and every single order was from people who got a reservation under terms which Ford set up and which Ford gave a written promise that they would be built before dealer stock, putting a maximum theoretical wait time of about a year if there were no commodity restraints. It did not matter what dealer you picked. That was directly from Ford. Even after the first sneaky allocation formula was uncovered, it still contained a portion related to the number of reservations (Ford no longer considers reservations in the allocation formula at all, says all you need to know about how much Ford respects the reservationists) and Granger tried to use even deeper discounts to help the early reservations they had that were going to be screwed by the bait and switch Ford did with the reservation system. Nobody but Ford knew they would again ream the reservation holders by getting rid of the 'all reservations before stock' term after they were all locked into dealers for 2022MY.

Now there are rumblings about Ford officially not allowing people to move orders, something that everyone already knew, but Ford refused to tell us that the process they set up was bullshit all along. Just stringing people along.

If this latest news is correct, and it would fit in with the history of this launch, Ford is making a huge move to get rid of the remaining reservations. Price protections expire at the end of 2023. That is documented by Ford. There will be thousands of people who made a reservation and ordered in good faith that will lose that protection at smaller dealers across the country. If they are locked into their current dealer, it makes sure Ford can use allocations to cut out as many people as they want from those price protections. It also means that dealers know they can automatically jack up ADM to match the new pricing because people cannot switch and keep the old pricing. There is no advantage to putting in a new order over paying the equivalent ADM (not even considering the wait time). This will lead to even more ADM and more people getting locked out of price protections.

Ford continues to find new ways to drive (pun intended) their reputation to levels below used car dealers and chicken thieves.
Good post!!!!!!
Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. OP sold the first, and is driving his second Bronco, and is waiting for the third to be built.
The OP also found a dealer willing to give him their priority order on his first Bronco when he heard about that jump the line loophole here on 6G.

Seems calling dealers is his full time job as he had reservations for Broncos in California, Florida and Iowa that he previously discussed on here.

All that said…it is still absolutely wrong of Ford not to provide an off ramp for customers at a dealership that won’t see the allocations now that the formula has been changed.

The only ones that really have a motive to punish the end customer in this way is the dealership council to ensure their legacy business model remains intact.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
You should have given the wife the second bronco you had... waiting until 2026 seems ok for the third bronco.

Base upon your posts...you gamed the situation well...this time you came up short.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Boy, where to start...
I guess line by line;

No, allocations did not exist for the Bronco during the initial reservation period. Ford hyped it as a new way to sell cars. You picked any dealer you preferred and you would get built before dealer stock and in order (roughly). That was it. The entire basis for any reservation system. You reserve or you wait until all other reservations are filled before being able to get one. That takes care of your first point about everybody knowing about how allocations work. There simply weren't any, they were implicitly included with each reservation in priority order of timestamp. There is no wiggle room or discussion on that point. Ford suckered in a lot of people before pulling the bait and switch on it.

Ford stopping new orders, this was about the only thing Ford communicated to the reservation holders via email, the rest of it has never been communicated to us (you know things from the forum and internet, but you go back to your emails and see exactly what Ford did to keep you informed. It was not much. They did not point out that they were stopping the all reservations before dealer stock, they did not point out that allocations no longer went with the reservation (which was implicit in the original terms), Ford simply and sneakily updated the terms and condition without notification of same and pretended it was always that way. As far as dealers being over-provisioned, No, not in the slightest, I am unaware of any dealer having more resources then the peak demand they have at the dealership. I suspect you do not understand the term 'over-provisioned' and have used it incorrectly as it does not fit in with your argument. If you actually meant under-provisioned, then yes, all dealers are under-provisioned.

Granger did not over sell. That is the point that the apologists and Ford proper keeps glossing over; Granger did not order a bajillion Broncos for stock to sell, each and every single order was from people who got a reservation under terms which Ford set up and which Ford gave a written promise that they would be built before dealer stock, putting a maximum theoretical wait time of about a year if there were no commodity restraints. It did not matter what dealer you picked. That was directly from Ford. Even after the first sneaky allocation formula was uncovered, it still contained a portion related to the number of reservations (Ford no longer considers reservations in the allocation formula at all, says all you need to know about how much Ford respects the reservationists) and Granger tried to use even deeper discounts to help the early reservations they had that were going to be screwed by the bait and switch Ford did with the reservation system. Nobody but Ford knew they would again ream the reservation holders by getting rid of the 'all reservations before stock' term after they were all locked into dealers for 2022MY.

Now there are rumblings about Ford officially not allowing people to move orders, something that everyone already knew, but Ford refused to tell us that the process they set up was bullshit all along. Just stringing people along.

If this latest news is correct, and it would fit in with the history of this launch, Ford is making a huge move to get rid of the remaining reservations. Price protections expire at the end of 2023. That is documented by Ford. There will be thousands of people who made a reservation and ordered in good faith that will lose that protection at smaller dealers across the country. If they are locked into their current dealer, it makes sure Ford can use allocations to cut out as many people as they want from those price protections. It also means that dealers know they can automatically jack up ADM to match the new pricing because people cannot switch and keep the old pricing. There is no advantage to putting in a new order over paying the equivalent ADM (not even considering the wait time). This will lead to even more ADM and more people getting locked out of price protections.

Ford continues to find new ways to drive (pun intended) their reputation to levels below used car dealers and chicken thieves.
Agree with all of this, with perhaps a minor exception to the first sentence….as to when allocations we’re implemented. Unless my memory fails me, the original guidance (post reservation/pre-order) from Ford stated Broncos would be built by (paraphrasing here because I can’t be bothered to look for the document/Q&A, or whatever it was at the moment) Reservation/timestamp, part constraints, and “Regional Considerations”……something like that. What we didn’t know at the time was “Regional Considerations” was a sneaky way of saying dealership allocations. But, some? All? Dealerships and Ford knew the meaning of that seemingly innocuous term at the time.
Great job with this post. Pretty much sums up the past 625 days.
What still sticks in my craw was watching those thousands of “Priority Orders” being dolled out without explanation or prior notice, exhausting critically low resources at the time (Sasquatch, Lux, Mic, 2.7L, etc. etc.). I remember the legalized line jumping that Ford implemented to empower dealerships and screw the reservation holder from the git go, just to let us know what’s up.
Now I sit here with a first 10 minute, day 1 timestamp and a #1 of 56 allocation at my dealership and no Bronco (well I paid a $5k ADM on a BB softy as a gap vehicle) yet…..however I received a “built” email this past Sunday after a nearly 2 1/2 month wait at Ice mountain. Stay Pumped! Go Ford.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait, OP already had a Bronco and is sad his SECOND order is stuck at Granger? I take back any sympathy I had for this clown.
Per his posts he has already picked up 2 broncos.... today's post is for his 3rd bronco.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After 2 1/2 months of multiple phone conversations with Ford trying to move our order from Granger to a local dealer, I was informed today that Ford will NOT ALLOW the order transfer. ALL order holders at Granger, Stephens, etc must wait MANY YEARS to get their Broncos.

We were told we could move our orders to dealers that have allocation, but @Ford Motor Company has decided to not allow this. Many people, besides myself, have endured hours of waiting on hold over and over again to resolve this issue. What a fooKing waste of time! Based upon Granger's order list, my wife may receive her Bronco in 2026-2027. Any guesses about the price guarantee 4-5 years from now?
So why did you wait so long to transfer your order? It's been common knowledge for more than 2 and a half months that Granger ran out of allocations and their customers will be waiting till hell freezes over to get their Bronco's.

I understand your frustration with Ford, but maybe you should have started the process of transferring your order sooner.

Other point to be made is you went to Granger to save a few bucks. Unfortunately saving a few bucks isn't always the best deal.

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree with all of this, with perhaps a minor exception to the first sentence….as to when allocations we’re implemented. Unless my memory fails me, the original guidance (post reservation/pre-order) from Ford stated Broncos would be built by (paraphrasing here because I can’t be bothered to look for the document/Q&A, or whatever it was at the moment) Reservation/timestamp, part constraints, and “Regional Considerations”……something like that. What we didn’t know at the time was “Regional Considerations” was a sneaky way of saying dealership allocations. But, some? All? Dealerships and Ford knew the meaning of that seemingly innocuous term at the time.
Great job with this post. Pretty much sums up the past 625 days.
What still sticks in my craw was watching those thousands of “Priority Orders” being dolled out without explanation or prior notice, exhausting critically low resources at the time (Sasquatch, Lux, Mic, 2.7L, etc. etc.). I remember the legalized line jumping that Ford implemented to empower dealerships and screw the reservation holder from the git go, just to let us know what’s up.
Now I sit here with a first 10 minute, day 1 timestamp and a #1 of 56 allocation at my dealership and no Bronco (well I paid a $5k ADM on a BB softy as a gap vehicle) yet…..however I received a “built” email this past Sunday after a nearly 2 1/2 month wait at Ice mountain. Stay Pumped! Go Ford.
I don't recall anything about "regional considerations" being in the original pre-July 13, 2020 - FAQ. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think so.

OriginalFAQ_ResOrder.png

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree with all of this, with perhaps a minor exception to the first sentence….as to when allocations we’re implemented. Unless my memory fails me, the original guidance (post reservation/pre-order) from Ford stated Broncos would be built by (paraphrasing here because I can’t be bothered to look for the document/Q&A, or whatever it was at the moment) Reservation/timestamp, part constraints, and “Regional Considerations”……something like that
Here you go.

August 2020 FAQ screenshot:

Ford Bronco Ford says it will NOT ALLOW order transfers anymore 1648573027425

October 2020 FAQ screenshot after big dealership pushback and when Ford started to slip in some such seemingly benign terms such as residency and when we all first learned about constraints but were still naĂŻve enough to believe that they wouldn't have a major impact on our builds and when Ford nonchalantly dropped the all reservations completed before stock production language. Oh the good ole days.

Ford Bronco Ford says it will NOT ALLOW order transfers anymore 1648573078166

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
"So why did you wait so long to transfer your order? It's been common knowledge for more than 2 and a half months that Granger ran out of allocations "--- she started the process well over two months ago...

@Compta38 @RedHotFuzz @HotdogThud @Blackcat @GToddC5 @Blaven @604Bronco

I don't need sympathy and couldn't care less what anyone feels/thinks about my situation.

Ford told me something today (new information) and I wanted to pass it along to help inform those it might affect. If you are far down the list at Granger/Stephens or similar, it may be wise to make other plans? Who knows.

Since people seem interested, I have received two Broncos. Sold the first and am driving the second. When reservations started July 13, 2020 I anticipated this vehicle might be hot, so ordered two right away. Ford allowed ANYONE to order two Broncos. I did make about $19k selling the first, so I essentially got the one I kept for a $19k discount. I think that's good financial planning. If you are upset about that, hug a puppy. I wish you could all have your Broncos now, but sadly it's out of my control. You'll enjoy when you do get yours.

As for the Granger reservation in question, that belongs to my wife. Yes, she too was allowed two reservations by Ford, but only chose to get one. Not sure what she'll do? Maybe the next gen 4 Runner will be available first? At least she has been given closure by Ford after this morning's phone call and can plan accordingly. Perhaps my post will allow a few others to better plan their vehicle situations?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't recall anything about "regional considerations" being in the original pre-July 13, 2020 - FAQ. Maybe I missed it, but I don't think so.

Ford Bronco Ford says it will NOT ALLOW order transfers anymore 1648573078166
Shit. I knew someone was going to make me go and find it. I remember arguing that point with a dealer on this forum or BN and he provided the proof. I was wrong then and I believe you are wrong now.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

All you have to do is walk into another dealership and place a new order. Ford allowed reservation transfers but never did allow order transfers, an order with another dealer is always a new order because orders are submitted and below to the dealer,
The OP also found a dealer willing to give him their priority order on his first Bronco when he heard about that jump the line loophole here on 6G.

Seems calling dealers is his full time job as he had reservations for Broncos in California, Florida and Iowa that he previously discussed on here.

All that said…it is still absolutely wrong of Ford not to provide an off ramp for customers at a dealership that won’t see the allocations now that the formula has been changed.

The only ones that really have a motive to punish the end customer in this way is the dealership council to ensure their legacy business model remains intact.
Even under the original formula Granger would have had allocation for only around 300 Broncos. Granger is not totally off the hook either, they knew most buyers would be waiting a very long time. I can't help but think they didn't expect to deliver on very many of the October special reservations, as customers would jump ship when they learned it would be years.

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shit. I knew someone was going to make me go and find it. I remember arguing that point with a dealer on this forum or BN and he provided the proof. I was wrong then and I believe you are wrong now.
I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm just saying I don't recall seeing it. I could be wrong.

I definitely read everything that I could get my hands on leading up to the order. That doesn't mean I saw everything though. I'm very curious if what you got from the dealer was A) from before 7/13/20 and B) was publicly available at that time.
Sponsored