First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We all know there will be endless comparisons between these two vehicles. My question to the Bronco folks here: do you care?

Sure, I get it, we all want OUR thing to be the BEST thing, but does having .1 inches more ground clearance matter to you? Does .2 degrees of departure angle matter to you?

I like Wranglers. I always have. I've never bought one. I like Gladiators. I think they're cool. I'll never own one. When I saw the new Bronco, ahhhh, it got me. It got me for a number of reasons, but none of those reasons have to do with it being "better" than the Wrangler.

In the future, whatever current advantages the new Bronco has over the Wrangler will most likely be eliminated, and these two vehicles will pretty much be the same vehicle and the differences will, I assume, be minor or just aesthetic. In that moment, will the .1s, and .2s matter to you? Can you be swayed with an advantage here or there?
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah kinda like Camaro vs Mustang. Automotive press will compare them and people will argue about 0-60 and track times, but almost nobody buys one or the other based on that stuff. Brand loyalty, looks, prices, mpg, etc will always play a bigger role.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't mind reading reasonable comparisons between the two. But I don't need the sensationalism comparisons (i.e. 'Can your [Wrangler|Bronco] do this?!'). And I don't think there is a "right" choice. Go with the one that suits you best.

I've owned a Jeep Wrangler (lifted and locked) and I've owned Cherokees. They've always been fun - but this time around the Bronco looks like the one for me. Not because of any performance stats (though I do want something that performs well for what I want). Like you said - a few small degrees in departure angle, height differences, RTI scores stock, really aren't going o make a difference.

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have never had a Jeep/Chrysler or a Bronco/Ford.

I just love the way the Bronco looks!
There have only been a handful of cars that hit the looks target this astonishingly well.

That it is also capable and made right here in the USA is just the icing on the cake!??

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could care less. I never understood why people get so bent out of shape about different cars/trucks. They are just CARS. The only good thing about having different companies, trucks, cars etc. is that competition fuels change. I just like how the bronco looks compared to the jeep. I still like jeeps, but damn does the bronco look good.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco is a win win for both camps. Bronco fans are finally getting a modern version of a classic . And the competition will push Jeep to make a better product and improve on the shortcomings that Jeep fans have just put up with. Win for Jeepers.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t care at all. I think the Wrangler is a really cool vehicle, I actually took a look at a 2dr Rubicon today. They’re pricing those way outside of where they should be IMO but regardless of FCA’s QC issues I think they are neat and have their niche as well.

I think the Bronco is doing a lot of things better than the Wrangler in several key areas which is why I’m planning to order one. However, that doesn’t prevent me from appreciating what Jeep is doing right.

In fact the only time I care about a “rivalry” is when one side starts bashing on the other side’s vehicle because it’s different.

I’m loyal to several things in my life, but the multinational corporations I buy vehicles from are not among them.

Trainerii

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Explorer, mustang,broncoii
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve owned three different Broncos, 76,78,and a 87 broncoii ,which I still own ,so I really only care how it compares to the 76.

Sponsored

IIISHIFTYIII

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only comparison I care about is what does it do better on the road. The off road stuff is a neat thought experiment but I am building a dedicated trail rig for that. The only comparisons that matter to me are the real world on road performance and utility. Can they take something like the wrangler which is a rather unrefined SUV by design and make the Bronco have the same niche amenities (IE convertible top, removable doors) while making it more palatable to someone who wants to daily drive it? That's the comparison I want to see and actually care about.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have zero interest in the Jeep. Not because of any "Jepps r dum" reason. Nothing about it interested me. I too hate the douchy comments about what vehicles suck or don't and brand loyalty. I like what interests me. Couldn't care less what brand it is. I happen to own two Fords now but it's nothing other than happenstance.

I know Bronco and Jeep are in the same class but I was cross-shopping the Bronco mostly with imported Defenders and Land Cruisers. Jeep didn't even factor.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking about getting a Wrangler before I saw the Bronco. Something about it grabbed me. Other than the engine, specs aren’t too much of a selling point for me in regards to the Bronco. The physical design is what sold me.