First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door Basesquatch came in yesterday and I'm going to pick it up today. I drove it home to my wife to test fit it in the garage and she drove it back.

After all this time wow, it's so exciting, I just can't describe the excitement.

Most have said it's a beast and you will not realize it until you see it and stand next to it in person. The 35" tires are simply massive. It's tall- quite a step up into it. I'm 6' and it was huge to me. Very much like my 1970 I drove and wheeled in back in the late 70's. It is such a thrill to have owned 2 Broncos back in the 70's and to see and drive this retro Bronco- wow, so cool!

I made a comment to the sales guy that it was quite a step up into it and he mentioned they could put running boards on it. I just looked at him and said....ahhh no. I love it without running boards. Never had them in the 70's don't need them now, LOL.

The interior is nice, we both loved it. We were both able to get comfortable and it's super easy to drive and park. It honestly drives like a small monster truck. A little difficult to get access to the back seat. The front seat does not go that far forward and there is no grab bar to haul yourself back there. My wife and I are very fit so we can easily climb in but guests may not be able to do so that easily. My wife commented "no passengers, this is just for us", LOL. I can maybe add a grab bar.

Performance wise it was different than anything I (or my wife) have ever driven. The 2.7 seems plenty powerful although the 10 speed automatic and the gearing it seems over geared perhaps? It seems to like shift 3 or 4 times to get to 30. With all the shifting it did not seem to want to get up and go- although did not want to step on it too much it being brand new.

I am having a hard time deciding which one of my vehicles to trade in for it. I have a 97 TJ to sell on BAT but it's going to take a bit of time. So might have extra vehicles for a month or two......
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pics of the beast?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It honestly drives like a small monster truck
LMAO!!!
One of my favorite comments now!
You're not wrong!

I got to experience my Base on 30's for 5000 miles, and now 35's.
No lift, but it's still a stretch to get in. (5'-9")
I'll probably get some of the larger rock rail/ slider steps. They look cool and will really help the wife (5' ) with her ins and outs.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made a comment to the sales guy that it was quite a step up into it and he mentioned they could put running boards on it. I just looked at him and said....ahhh no. I love it without running boards. Never had them in the 70's don't need them now, LOL.
In 1970 you were also 50 years younger! LOL.

Congrats, I also have a BaseSquatch on order for my wife.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice! Canā€™t wait to get mine! Will put sliders on it so my kiddos can crawl in the back, though.

We test drove a 2 door and they preferred that experience to our 4 door, so they are super excited for it to (eventually) come in.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll echo the "easy to drive and park" comment. I was concerned initially, but once I got a few miles in, I realized that because the wheelbase is so close to the overall length, it's just point and shoot. I've found that I have to be careful when backing out of parking spots because the turning radius is so small. The wheelbase is the virtually identical to the beater Jetta Sportwagen I drove before getting my Basequatch, but the VW turned like a boat in comparison because of the front and rear overhang.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your ā€œ monster truckā€ comment hit home for me. It strikes a chord because my Bronco looks like a rugged off road rig that should have never been imagined without a V8 motor option. My two door BL would have obtained perfection with a small block V8 under the hood. It will only rate a 99% satisfaction rating due to the motor options.

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pics of the beast?
Your ā€œ monster truckā€ comment hit home for me. It strikes a chord because my Bronco looks like a rugged off road rig that should have never been imagined without a V8 motor option. My two door BL would have obtained perfection with a small block V8 under the hood. It will only rate a 99% satisfaction rating due to the motor options.
Ya the V6 and 10 speed automatic feels like it should be a V8 and 6 speed automatic? Or maybe even a 7 speed manual. My Bronco in the 70's with the 3 speed manual seemed to move out better than this one with nice long gears for the street and a nice low range transfer case. But it also could be my memory, LOL, it was a looong time ago.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.7 seems plenty powerful although the 10 speed automatic and the gearing it seems over geared perhaps? It seems to like shift 3 or 4 times to get to 30.
That's not the gearing, it's Fords stupid shifting algorithm that tries to get you into the highest gear as fast as possible. The F-150 does the same thing.

Leave it in Sport mode and it will fix the stupid shift logic to something reasonable. We even get better gas mileage in Sport (in the 150) because by holding the gears longer the engine uses less boost, and boost kills your mileage faster than lower gears.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2 door Basesquatch came in yesterday and I'm going to pick it up today. I drove it home to my wife to test fit it in the garage and she drove it back.

After all this time wow, it's so exciting, I just can't describe the excitement.

Most have said it's a beast and you will not realize it until you see it and stand next to it in person. The 35" tires are simply massive. It's tall- quite a step up into it. I'm 6' and it was huge to me. Very much like my 1970 I drove and wheeled in back in the late 70's. It is such a thrill to have owned 2 Broncos back in the 70's and to see and drive this retro Bronco- wow, so cool!

The interior is nice, we both loved it. We were both able to get comfortable and it's super easy to drive and park. It honestly drives like a small monster truck. A little difficult to get access to the back seat. The front seat does not go that far forward and there is no grab bar to haul yourself back there. My wife and I are very fit so we can easily climb in but guests may not be able to do so that easily. My wife commented "no passengers, this is just for us", LOL. I can maybe add a grab bar.

Performance wise it was different than anything I (or my wife) have ever driven. The 2.7 seems plenty powerful although the 10 speed automatic and the gearing it seems over geared perhaps? It seems to like shift 3 or 4 times to get to 30. With all the shifting it did not seem to want to get up and go- although did not want to step on it too much it being brand new.

I am having a hard time deciding which one of my vehicles to trade in for it. I have a 97 TJ to sell on BAT but it's going to take a bit of time. So might have extra vehicles for a month or two......
BaT sure helped my decision to buy. Sold my Fox body Mustang for 5 times what I paid for it. Now's the time, vehicle pricing is crazy!

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BaT sure helped my decision to buy. Sold my Fox body Mustang for 5 times what I paid for it. Now's the time, vehicle pricing is crazy!
I made the decision to buy awhile ago, but BaT definitely helped it along. Sold the Land Cruiser for a multiple of what I paid, and I'm happy with that even if they keep going up. Now I just need the Bronco.

Congrats @JT58Bronc it looks great!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats!!! I installed bar tact handles on mine, helps my wife enormously getting in and out. My mile and a half road is gravel, I had the dealer install running boards. nice to hear the rocks pinging off of them instead of the sides. Enjoy it!!!

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s a great looking rig! Mine is still at the same rail yard just 8 miles from the dealer but maybe sometime soon Iā€™ll also take delivery.

Itā€™s been over two months since it shipped so canā€™t be that much longer.
Sponsored