AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford definitely caught my attention, not a 4runner owner but an FJ cruiser. It has been great to me and I love driving it but it's now 10 years old and with the Bronco looking BA I'd really like to give Ford a shot especially with the eco 2.7 (after already bad experiences with GM and FCA, never again). I reserved a Wildtrak 4dr and it's one of the few vehicles I've been excited about in a while. If it's a flop (unreliable mess) I'll be heading back to Toyota despite their ancient offerings. Prove me wrong Ford!
Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm ditching my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro for the Bronco. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my 4Runner but it is pretty boring. We actually own 2 Pros so I'll still have one in the garage. The 6 Gen 4Runner is coming but I'm not expecting anything life shattering though. They do have a cult like following but I think many like me will leave do to them being so conservative and not giving us what we want. I got Banned from the Pro FB page just for saying that I ordered a Bronco and if anyone else was jumping ship. It started a shit show. :ROFLMAO:

side.jpg
My two.

EAC27B69-8C3A-47AA-9D2E-8963EBF9D426.jpeg

CDD6EDD7-ABE5-44AC-A04E-84C1F5E63FE5.jpeg

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When 4Runner releases their diesel in 2022 (projected) not a chance. Where is our diesel for the Badlands Squatch?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having worked within the Toyota brand for ten years, it's extremely disappointing that the current generation 4Runner has seen NO changes since its release in 2010, and no drivetrain upgrades since 2005. The thing is an antique by current standards, and unless they do something crazy with the next generation, I'll be giving Ford a shot.

Toyota's mechanical reliability is one thing, but it's pointless when it hasn't changed fundamentally in 15 years.
Dang, I would hope it would be reliable if theyā€™ve been using it that long with no major changes.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When 4Runner releases their diesel in 2022 (projected) not a chance. Where is our diesel for the Badlands Squatch?
I would say with good certainty that Ford likely has thought about that for at some point in the Broncos life, given the fact that Jeep has one.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, because Toyotaā€™s never break in any way shape or form. Perpetuate that myth. Thatā€™s why all the Toyota service departments are probably going to be closing down, it must be like a ghost town in there. Poor techs, how can they be expected to make any money if the damn vehicles never break down? Toyota techs must have zero experience and be utterly poor thanks to Toyotaā€™s reliability.

ForestBronco

Badlands
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 4Runner currently and will be getting the bronco. Iā€™m sure off road capability will surpass the 4Runner due to it being able to fit 35s without having to cut anything, and the front locker. Another big thing is gear ratios. My 4runnerā€™s 4lo seems like a little too high sometimes. I doubt reliability will surpass the 4Runner though. Theyā€™re not invincible but they tend to still run even when something is broken.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 4Runner currently and will be getting the bronco. Iā€™m sure off road capability will surpass the 4Runner due to it being able to fit 35s without having to cut anything, and the front locker. Another big thing is gear ratios. My 4runnerā€™s 4lo seems like a little too high sometimes. I doubt reliability will surpass the 4Runner though. Theyā€™re not invincible but they tend to still run even when something is broken.
I hear you. I stretched one of my 4runners 12 inches with a Marlin Crawler 4.7 gear driven low range kit, 488s, front and rear lockers, in-cab cage, straight axle swap, 35s, etc. But it would not be a good comparison, besides the Bronco is decent right out of the box. I think if we get the powerstroke diesel it will be the 3.0 and I have heard good things, but like my diesels to be inline.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That rumor has been floating around Toyota for 10+ years, whether it's been for the Tundra, Taco or 4Runner. I really doubt it will ever happen. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That rumor has been floating around Toyota for 10+ years, whether it's been for the Tundra, Taco or 4Runner. I really doubt it will ever happen. Hopefully I'm wrong.
It has been. Being in the US we don't get the Hilux. I think eventually since Jeep and Chevy have their diesels Toyota and Ford (Bronco) will get a diesel. Speculation lately is heading that way. Only time will tell. If I wanted a hardcore rock crawler I would get something else, but I am intrigued on the Bronco's versatility and ride. Not only that my wife does not like rock crawling LOL so I am going to do that Overland thing and go camping, etc.

Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been. Being in the US we don't get the Hilux. I think eventually since Jeep and Chevy have their diesels Toyota and Ford (Bronco) will get a diesel. Speculation lately is heading that way. Only time will tell. If I wanted a hardcore rock crawler I would get something else, but I am intrigued on the Bronco's versatility and ride. Not only that my wife does not like rock crawling LOL so I am going to do that Overland thing and go camping, etc.
Yeah it's crazy that we don't get the Hilux, while it's wildly popular everywhere else. I'm betting the new 4Runner will have a turbocharged something in it, but I'm thinking it'll be gasoline powered. Toyota just doesn't follow those trends like the big 3 does. For Toyota I think it more of an emissions cost verses sales volume. All those soccer moms don't want to deal with diesel. :ROFLMAO: I'm confident the Bronco will be diesel powered before the Toyota will be.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If Toyota made a removable top, manual transmission 4Runner with a decent motor, I probably wouldnā€™t be here.
If toyota made a desirable vehicle...

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let me see... well does the 4Runner stand a chance against the Broncoā€™s killer looks???
Sponsored