First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When mine is finished, can I just come and drive it home. Forget the transport. I’ll take a $1500 discount for shipping.
I asked my salesman if I could do that and he said no Ford doesn't allow you to do that
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I asked my salesman if I could do that and he said no Ford doesn't allow you to do that
My point. Offering a solution. If they can ship vehicles without chips surely they could find a way to take delivery at Ford. It will never happen, but problem solved. I probably know a few thousand 6g members that would be happy to complete the purchase at their dealer, hand over release papers, pull off the protective wrap and drive it home.

TxusBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My point. Offering a solution. If they can ship vehicles without chips surely they could find a way to take delivery at Ford. It will never happen, but problem solved. I probably know a few thousand 6g members that would be happy to complete the purchase at their dealer, hand over release papers, pull off the protective wrap and drive it home.
Agree! I wanted to get rid of the $500 I have just sitting on my southwest airlines account that they won't give cash back to me cause of cancelled flights from covid

Sponsored

ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Due to the fact that shipping has become so backlogged with rail and trucks weeks behind schedule, Ford has started a new program. Ford will start hiring Bronco Convoy Delivery Drivers to try and move the thousands of Bronco's stuck on Mud Mountain. This program is being implemented to help new Bronco owners receive their Bronco's as soon as possible after the March 31st deadline to get the Broncos ready for shipment.

Owners will receive 1 FordPass point for each mile put on the Bronco during delivery.

Apply today:

https://corporate.ford.com/careers/job-opportunities.html

jam08543-jpg.jpg
What about the break in period of the engine? I assume they will be needing to get on freeways?

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like others have said. Skip this process - don't charge me $1,500 and I will come and pick mine up.

Hell, I would have picked it up 2.5 months ago when it was finished......

F*ck, I would have even PAID FORD to let me come pick it up......

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man, if only this was true! A friend of mine is retired from his career and works part-time for Enterprise moving cars around the Midwest. He loves cars and it’s a great fit for him to keep him busy a couple days a week. He would jump at the chance to mule cars for Ford. He is super reliable and I wouldn’t hesitate having him drive my Bronco down.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The real April fools joke would be if my dealer called and told me my Bronco had arrived......

Doum

First Name
Doum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang+MDX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When mine is finished, can I just come and drive it home. Forget the transport. I’ll take a $1500 discount for shipping.
Thats a great idea 👍🏻

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@North7 Thanks for the April 1 alert. You left out a couple of other details:
1. Ford is going to set up collection points at 250 mile intervals along the convoy routes. Ford will gather the Bronco's with blown 2.7 motors at these locations.

2. Each Bronco transported by convoy will come delivered with a Yankum tow rope. There is a good chance it will be used by the time your Bronco reaches it's destination.

ActMoritz

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Niro, FJ40 and Transit 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol should have happened 6 months ago

FootPain

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB 17 Explorer 04 Mach 1 98 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What about the break in period of the engine? I assume they will be needing to get on freeways?
It's April 1st...
Sponsored